Being Too Busy

Maid For Them
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jade’s POV

“Alright, Jade. Just go ahead & ask him” I encouraged myself as I went out my room. Being a bit awkward, I walked over to the kitchen & saw him making a cup of hot drink for himself.

“Heechul” I called to him bravely.

“Oh hey” he greeted. “Hot chocolate?” he offered as he held it up.

“No thanks” I said while warming up my hands in my jean pockets. “So…” I began. “About that, um.. plan?” I said while trying to look straight at him. “You’re still up for it?” I asked.

His face suddenly turned pouty & he looked down at his drink. “Oh, uh… You think we can postpone it?” he asked. “Coz I kinda have a few rehearsals to do with the guys”

“Oh, well.. that’s ok then. I mean you don’t have to if you’re too busy” I shrugged & began to walk.

“N-No!” he stopped me from going back to my room. “I mean I promised, didn’t I?” he said. “Just give me till tuesday. We can go, then”

I started to smile as he assured me his plans. “Ok. Tuesday, then. Promise?”

“Promise”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The Next Few Days

It was finally Tuesday & I had already dressed up for the day. I walked over to SME building where Heechul told me to meet up with him after practice.

“Knock knock” I smiled while sticking my head into the room.

“Jade, hey!” the guys smiled & waved when they saw me. “What’re you doing here?” he asked as I walked in.

“Heechul told me to meet him here after practice” I said, then looked around the room. “Um… Where is he?” I asked.

“Wait, didn’t he tell you?” Siwon said from across the room after picking up a towel & wiping his face. “He had to drop by his radio show for tonight”

“Oh… He didn’t” my face turned glum.

“Why? Is there something you need?” Donghae asked me from across the room.

“Um, nothing” I shook my head. “I uh… I better go. See ya”

I walked out the practice room & began dialing Heechul’s phone. As I walked down the hall, he picked up.

“Hello? Jade!” he answered.

“Oh, hey. Um.. Where are you?” I asked. “I went to the practice room but you weren’t there”

“Oh, sorry!” he began apologizing. “I got something to do now. What bout tomorrow at 3?” he asked.

“Sure, if it’s fine with you” I said.

“Ok, I gotta go now. Bye!” then he ended the call, leaving me hanged there.

Ok… So I’ve just been canceled two times. It’s not that bad, right? I mean… It doesn’t that he’s doing this on purpose… err right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The Next Day

“Heechul?” I exclaimed the next morning as I saw him walking out from his room fast. “It’s 9 in the morning. Where’re you going?”

“Gotta go meet up with Hongki! See you later at 2:30!” with that quick explanation, he rushed out the dorm with a bang! from the door.

He’s going out?? Today??? Then what about me?! I thought he promised that today’s the day we’re gonna hang out! & sheeshhh! If he’s gonna go & meet up with Hongki, at least bring me! T.T

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I lay on the couch while lazily flipping through the channels. It’s already 3PM… Where is he??

“Jade?” I heard someone call me. Glancing from the side, I saw Leeteuk coming in with a mug in his hand. “What’s wrong? You look glum” he said as he sat down next to me.

“That’s because I am?” I said, sitting up straight.

“Care to talk?” he offered.

I gave out a deep sigh. “It’s just… Heechul said that he was gonna come back & meet me here at 2. But I’ve been waiting for an hour already”

“You guys are going out?” he asked curiously while sipping his drink.

“Well, he promised that he’d hang out with me” I explained. “& this is already the third time he’s stood me up…” I pouted, resting my chin on my hands.

He didn’t say anything, but just sat still while thinking of something. “It surprises me that you guys are hanging out” he said all of a sudden.

Both my brows rose at his words. “Huh?”

“Considering you’ve been embarassed by Yesung & the guys in New York, I’d figured that you & Heechul would be a bit distant now”

“I-I-I wasn’t embarrassed!” I protested as my cheeks started to burn.

“Oh really?” he smirked. “Aishh~! How could you’ve picked him as your bias? He’s an Ahjussi to you!”

“Well you’re an ahjussi too” I pointed.

“Yes, but I’m a very ‘good looking’ one” he smugged proudly to himself.

“That’s because you’re like a KID” I emphasized & rolled my eyes. He laughed & smiled at me. I eased back into my seat & breathed in for a moment.

“So do you still have feelings for him?” he suddenly asked me; so casually, it almost made my jaw drop. I kept my cool, but still, I couldn’t help but stare widely at him after his question.

“W-W-W-What??” I stuttered badly. That is so not keeping my cool.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter