Confusion Of The Heart

Maid For Them
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heechul’s POV

It was almost 11 & we decided to head back. The two of us walked straight to the car & I drove. Though she begged me to let her drive, except she still doesn’t have her license yet =.=”

“You’re too young” I keep telling her.  

“What?? I’m 19!” she protested. I rolled my eyes. “Ok, 18” she admitted.

“Still too young. Plus, you don’t even have a license!”

She pouted & crossed her arms. “Hmph. FINE”

Throughout the whole day she was pretty childish. But strange to say I kinda liked that side of her; one where she’s not always so serious. I mean, come on. She’s always like this uptight girl that really doesn’t know how to have fun. Not even when you dump her at an amusement park.

She yawned a bit as I was driving. “Tired?” I asked her.

“Maybe…” she blinked, trying to prevent her eyes from closing.

“Well, we’ve been practically all over the city today. Aren’t you glad?”

“Mm~” she nodded sleepily.

“& the fact that your tour guide is me?” I teased.

“Uh-huh…” she replied. I sneaked a peek at her & turns out that she was already dozing off slowly.

“Jade?”

“Hm?”

“If you’re sleepy, just take a rest for a while. This traffic’s not moving anyway” I told her as I glanced at the long line ahead of us. “I’ll wake you up when we’re at the dorm” I said.

She mumbled a few more things, though I didn’t quite get what she was saying. I glanced back at her, & her head had already dozed off slightly.

I glanced a few times at her. It was kinda amusing seeing her sleep. Like last time during our trip to Busan, I had to stay with her in the van till the next morning.

Somehow… She looks quite peaceful when she sleeps

I leaned in closer to make sure if her eyes were actually closed, or she was just trying to trick me. I waved my hand in front of her. No reaction at all.

Wow. She really is tired.

I leaned just a bit nearer so I could toss her bangs aside with my finger.  

Today was a pretty good day. In fact, I think it’s the most fun I had, since…

…since when Hangeng left.

Ever since that, things had been pretty quiet since it was just the 12 of us now… But I guess, when Jade came along, things started to change a bit due to her clumsy-ness.

Wait, don’t tell her I said that O__O

 It was rough with the misunderstandings at first, but after a while you come to realize each other.

When she first moved in, things were pretty hectic. But I guess since we let all that get in-between, we’d never really realized just how much Jade’s presence meant. Like she was one who made us find the light in again Super Junior.

I don’t think I’d ever see Sungmin be more laid-back. I guess the lectures from Jade stopped all his flirting. & Leeteuk. He’s even more caring & lively now. Even Eunhyuk’s not as grumpy as he used to be.

& Yesung!

Uh, well… He’s still weird, but who cares.

I guess I’ve never really known how much it’d effect the group when even just three people left. Kangin had to leave for military services… & Kibum felt like he wanted to pursue acting more.

For a while then, things were quiet… I was quiet… Maybe that’s what Donghae was trying to tell me. That I wasn’t as loud as before. Maybe it was just that I couldn’t accept the fact of not having those three guys with us. The depression took on hard for me, & even Leeteuk noticed.

But after today, things kinda changed a bit. Though I still can’t explain what changed… Something just feels… different. Could be the effect on how it’s been a long time since I hanged out with anyone.

I started to wonder about it myself. Which made me realize just how long I’ve been staring at Jade. & she’s asleep!! Yah! That sounds SO wrong to look at a person when they’re sleeping =.=”

But I couldn’t help myself. I kept on wondering… What’s changed? The guys? Our life?

…Me?

I began to remember the moments during our trip to New York. The trip had probably been the best thing for everyone. Maybe it was hard for Jade at first, but after a while, her pain was kinda the reason that tied all of us together. Seeing her cry… for the first time, actually made me realize something.

Maybe it’s just the fact that I don’t want her to face things alone?

 

I was so close to her already that I was starting to get drawn by the scent of her usual strawberry shampoo. It makes me remember how much of a Strawberry freak she is just like Eunhyuk.

I leaned in a bit closer.

& closer…

...till my lips brushed against her soft, silky hair.

 

HONK!!

 

I immediately pull myself back into my seat when the horn from the car behind me burst. That was when I realize the already-cleared line ahead. I quickly stepped on it & drove straight. During the moment, all I could think of was WHAT THE HECK DID I JUST DO during the 15 minute traffic?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I drove back to the dorm with Jade still asleep beside me. Luckily she didn’t wake up. I gritted my teeth the whole time in thought of what I just did.

Right before I moved inside the carpark, she woke up, blinking twice before sitting up straight again & adjusting her position. “Oh, we’re back…” she said sleepily.

I pursed my lips, “Yea” & went to park in-between two other cars.

Jade was talking to me about something as she rubbed her eyes, but all I could do was just stay quiet & switch the engine off.

“Heechul?” she called. “Are you ok?”

“Who? Me?” I said, pointing at myself. “Yea I’m ok” I replied without hesitating. For a second there I started to sweat nervously as she raised one eyebrow at me curiously.

 

Jade’s POV

“JADE MIINA LEE!!!” I heard a few guys shout as I entered.

What did I do this time? =___=”

“WHERE WERE YOU?” Yesung came up & glared at me.

“I was out” I said, shrugging.

“WITH WHO??” Donghae shook me while gripping both my shoulders.

My eyes widened as they all suddenly came up & surrounded me. “I-I was just hanging out” I told them. “W-With Heechul”

“A-HAH!” Yesung exclaimed, pointing at me. “So Leeteuk was right! You WERE on a date!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter