A Promise Kept Is A Promise Indeed

Maid For Them
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jade’s POV

With the exact same ring in my hand, I showed it to him directly. If he really was the boy, the one I met 11 years back, then he would remember this, right?

“H-How’d you get that-”

“You were the one who gave this to me… weren’t you?” I asked. He was silent; didn’t even reply to my question.

 

Sungmin’s POV

Standing there silently, I didn’t know how to react. I mean how could Jade have the exact same ring? The one that I had years ago, when I gave it away to-

Wait hold up

From there I couldn’t say anything, but just let my mouth hung open.

 

Jade’s POV

“S-Sungmin?” I called & poked him. 

-poke poke-

I think he’s in shock =.=

 

“Y-Yah!” he shrieked as soon as he came back to his senses. “How come you never told me all this time that YOU were the girl?!?!?!???”

“H-Huh?? How should I know??? I just figured it out now!”

 

7 Minutes Later

After he finally redeemed himself back from the sudden ‘shock’ I gave him, the two of us sat at the mini table under the trees.

“Are you done now?” I asked as I was starting to get bored waiting for him.

“J-J-Just, one sec” he said, breathing in & out slowly.

“I thought I’m the one who’s supposed to be in shock” I raised a brow.

“Why?” he asked.

“Uh, because I’m the one who just realized that I met THE Lee Sungmin of Super Junior when I was like 8 years old??”

“W-Well I’m surprised too!” he said. “Anyways, how’d you found out I came here when I was a kid?”

“The ring” I said & slide it over to him across the table. “I found it in one of my jewelry boxes, &… I guess that’s when I remembered”

“Oh… But, how’d you figured out it was me?” he asked as he picked up my ring & studied it.

“All thanks to Siwon for lending me the photobook. I was able to see what you looked like when you were a kid” I said while giggling.

“Hm, well I guess there’re benefits of it for you to see that book” he shrugged & tossed the ring back to me.

“Well I’m happy!” I grinned brightly at him.

“Hm? Because of what?” he raised an eyebrow & asked.

I smiled at him. “Because I finally get to meet my best friend again”

He blinked twice, then ended up smiling too. “Yea I guess that’s cool” he said.

We continued to exchange stories of the past as we both walked along the pool. “Hey, do you still remember that time we met at the fountain?”

“Pshh.. How could I not?” he scoffed, recalling the memory. “I was in total bad shape at that time”

“Huh? Why? What happened?” I asked him. All I remembered was meeting him there & nothing else.

“You don’t remember how awful I looked?” he asked.

“Well, aside from your terrible messy hair you used to have… Nothing” I shook my head.

“Messy???” he whined.

“Nevermind. Continue” I said.

He sighed. “Well, that girl I told you about? I just got dumped right before I met you”

“O-Oh…” my face turned sorrow. “Sorry…”

“That was when I was about to throw the ring into the fountain. Until I heard someone crying…” he said, both hands casually in his jean pockets.

“So that’s how you found me” I grinned, remembering the past. “W-Wait, so… you gave the ring to me instead?” I asked him.

“Better that way, rather than having that stupid plan of mine by tossing it into the fountain. Would’ve been a waste now, wouldn’t it?”

“I guess so” I shrugged.

“So I guess, after all.. the ring was supposedly meant for you” he winked.

“YAH. Don’t get all flirty with me, mister” I glared & poked on his chest.

He chuckled. “H-Hey~ What can I do? That’s just me”

“Yea, & I’m still trying to get over the fact that you became Lee Sungmin of Super Junior” I crossed my arms & sighed. “How come I grew up to be the same??”

“Nah I think you’ve grown” he said & ruffled my hair.

“Really?” I raised an eyebrow, not believing him. “Like how?”

“Well you used to cry a lot… But you stopped”

“I guess…”

“& look at it this way. You don’t let people push you around anymore! That’s good!”

“Yea… You’re right” I smiled, thinking about it. “It’s strange though…”

“Hm? What’s strange?” he asked me while trying to catch up with me.

“I just… really didn’t think I could see you again” I told him truthfully.

His expression seemed a bit down for a minute after I said that. Then it turned bright again. “Well of course you’d see me again. Even though it took you 11 years”

“Hm?” I blinked as I walked.

“I promised I’d see you again, didn’t I? Well, a promise is a promise” he smiled.

“Em~” I smiled back & nodded. “That’s true~ Too bad you grew up to be an obnoxious flirt” I shrugged & walked pass him.

“WHAAAT?????” he whined & walked faster behind me.

“Hahah!” I laughed at his expr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter