A Painful Exception

Maid For Them
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Siwon’s POV

Along the ride back in the bus, she stayed still in her seat, face facing the window, eyes blank as if she wasn’t even there.

When the bus stopped, we got down & were walking along the sidewalk, back to the house, but she didn’t even say a thing. It’s kinda scaring me actually. She’s usually not like this. Well, she’s not crying, but still.. It’s kinda making me scared seeing her like this, walking along with her empty head, not caring about anything.

She reached the door first before me, & waited until I take out the key & opened it for her. Then she walked in.

Zhou Mi greeted her with a smile from the stairs. “Hey Jade- WHOA”

Kyuhyun looked up from the TV & his eyes widened too. Well, they should get used to Jade as a girl now.

But.. Jade didn’t really pay attention at all actually. I  watched as she slowly walked up the stairs, as if she was a robot. Her head was lowered down, & her eyes were still blank.

“H-Hey.. What happened?” Henry came & asked me. I sighed a bit before explaining, & looked up the stairs as she disappeared into her room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

(Super Junior Coagulation)

Jade’s POV

I found myself, sitting on my bed & hugging my knees. I wanted to come back here so bad… But why do I feel like I’m even worse now than before?

I clenched & unclenched my eyes, preventing myself from crying.

That’s all I ever did beforeI thought to myself as I remembered.

Being stuck in that foster home… All I did was cry…

& cry… & cry… What else could I do? I was just a kid.

Scared.

Alone…

 

*Knock! Knock! Knock!*

“Jade?” a faint voice said from behind. I turned my focus to the door.

 

It’s Leeteuk

 

Oh right. It’s almost dinner time & I haven’t cooked anything yet! 

I quickly shook my head & breathed in before opening the door.

“Oh Leeteuk-ssi!” I put on my bright perky smile.

He looked at me & raised a brow at my actions. “It’s almost dinner, &…”

“Right!” I cut in. “I haven’t cooked anything yet!” I said as I hurdled my way pass him.

“N-No!” he caught my arm & stopped me. “It’s not that… It’s…”

I looked back at him. He was stuck between his words. I wonder why…

“You ok?” he finally asked. I stood there & blinked for a moment, still standing in the same position, & still with his hand tight on my arm.

“I’m… fine… Why?” I said while hesitating a bit.  

He looked at me, & I could feel a glare coming on.

Dang it…

“I-I…” I caught myself between stucked words & short breathing, as I was frozen on the spot with his glare. “I-I-I”

& so the glare continues…

I ended up just shutting my mouth & looking away, trying to keep a distance from him. My ‘perky’ fake smile disappeared, & he let go of my arm. Even with being silent he managed to get it out of me without having to say a word.

I tried to open my mouth to say something, but it just wouldn’t come out. I sighed after & just walked furiously into my room with him following me from behind.

“Look. I’m ok, alright?” I said sternly.

He gave me a ‘I-Don’t-Believe-You’ look & crossed his arms. More sighs came out from me & I just tried to avoid looking at him face to face. But that didn’t help at all…

I glanced at him from the corner of my eye. “You’re not gonna leave until I talk, are you?”

He looked away, then back at me, signaling a ‘Yes’.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Meanwhile Downstairs…

Siwon’s POV

“Do you think she’s ok by now?” Zhou Mi asked me as we waited down in the living room.

We made a decision, & all voted for Leeteuk to go check on Jade instead.

“Let’s just give her some more time…” I told him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jade’s POV

After a few moments of silence, I just turned around & walked out to the balcony. Again, he followed me from behind, still not saying a word. I rested both my hands on the edge of the railing & looked out to the view. With my hair already growing out & already showing my original hazel color, the wind messed up my bangs as I brushed my hair back, not wanting the wind to mess it up any further.

I could hear Leeteuk clearing his throat a bit, as if wanting to start something. I glanced a bit at him & noticed him turning to me.

“So… You wanna go back?”

His question startled me & I quickly faced him with shocked eyes. “What?”

He rested his right arm on the railing & bit his lower lip. “Siwon said you seemed like you didn’t wanna be here…”

“What? What’re you talking about? Being here was the one thing I’ve been wanting ever since I stepped foot in Seoul” I told him with my voice a little bit raised. “Look, whatever you’re thinking, I’m ok. I’m fine. There is nothing wrong with me”

Ok… Maybe I didn’t sound convincing enough.

“You’re upset after finding out someone else lives there now, huh?”

I was about to say something, but stopped & closed my mouth. I guess Siwon had already told the guys about it…

I didn’t say anything else & just stared down at my feet.

“Come on…” Leeteuk gestured me to sit down on the white plastic chair. “You know, sometimes… you just have to except that, as time goes by… someone else will take that place. & you, just have to move on…”

I stayed still & quiet as I listened to his words. His strong hand touched my left shoulder as he comforted me. It kinda reminded me of dad’s…

“I know it’s your home, & you love that place. I mean, you know, even if you still live there till today… someday, you’ll be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter