Taking Care Of Jade

Maid For Them
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jade’s POV

As the song stopped, he raised his head & looked up, meeting my gaze from outside. His shocked expression appeared when he saw me standing there. I snapped myself back to reality & finally realized tthat he was staring at me. I breathed in deeply & exhaled, grabbing the door knob & turning it open. With three steps, I reached his table & stood in front of him.

“J-Jade” he stuttered at my presence.

“I, uh… got your text” I said. He seemed to be staring at me for a minute there, though it was obviously the reason of my soaked up wet hair.

“Did you like the surprise?” he asked me. I could see a bit of a hopeful look in his eyes.

I looked at him & nodded. “Yea… I did” I gave a little smile. He smiled back sincerely as he heard me say those words. “But… I never expected for you to sing live on air” I said, pointing at the mic in front of him. He chuckled.

Looking back at me, he finally remembered my soaked hair. “Oh, let me grab a towel” he got up from his seat & walked over to one of the cabinets near the door. Coming back, he handed me a soft, white towel.

The awkwardness came, but that didn’t stop him from talking to me & apologize yet again. 

“Why do you keep apologizing? I told you, you did nothing wrong” I said while drying my hair with the towel.

“Jade, you can say that even a thousand times” he said. “But I know you’re mad at me”

I stopped for a moment. Looking over to him, I thought about what he said.

“I’m not mad at you…” I told him. He looked at me & rolled his eyes. “But… maybe… I got a little upset” I admitted. He eased back in his seat as if saying ‘I told you so’. “I just thought that you were avoiding me.. that’s all”

He sighed & adjusted himself in his seat. “Seriously? Why’d you even think that??”

I backed up a bit & pouted, which made him stop & relax again.

“Not my fault I felt that way” I said. “It’s just that I’ve always been stood up”

He looked at me & raised a brow.

“Well it’s just that, everytime when someone invites me to hang out with them, they always… cancel” I explained while rubbing my neck. He looked at me, then glanced the other direction. He didn’t say anything else, so I stood up from my seat. “I better go”

“Where’re you going?” he asked immediately.

“Back to the dorm” I said, hanging the towel back perfectly on the chair.

“Wait” he extended a hand & stopped me. I turned back & looked at him. He put his hand down & looked away. “It’s still raining. Just… stay here” he said. “I’m finishing up anyway. We’ll go back together”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Later

I stayed back & watched as he continued the process of running the show. I’ve always been curious on how it was like, so this was the perfect chance for me. After a half an hour, he finished up & it was fnally time to head back. I looked down & checked my watch. It was already 10PM, & I still haven’t eaten dinner yet.

“I’m hungry” Heechul suddenly said as he drove the car. “You?”

I looked down nervously. “To be honest, I haven’t eaten dinner yet…”

“Ok, then. Let’s go ahead & grab something to eat”

He drove along carefully through the drizzly rain & stopped at a café. He parked at the side & took a cap from the back seat.

“Are you sure no one will notice?” I asked him. Just because he was wearing a hat, doesn’t mean no one can’t recognize that he’s Kim Heechul of Super Junior -.-’

“Nah don’t worry about it. I’ve done this a lot” he assured me as he put on one of his sunglasses.

“Sunglasses at nighttime?” I raised a brow.

“What?” he gave out one of his innocent looks. I rolled my eyes. “Here” he tossed me one of his jackets.

“What’s this for?” I asked him.

“Wear the hood to protect yourself from the rain” he said. I nodded & swiftly put it on. 

 

The two of us walked into the café & ordered two mugs of hot chocolates. Something good to warm us up from the cold rain. We ordered some food as well, & when my spaghetti arrived, I couldn’t help but to gobble it all down. Heechul stopped & stared for a minute.

“What? I’m hungry” I pouted. He just shrugged it off.

“You really don’t know how to act like a girl, do you?” he said sarcastically as he sipped his drink like a Prince.

I glared at him with my meatball-filled cheeks & threw an angry look.

He sighed & just continued to eat his lasagna politely. “You are such a boy” he told me casually.

“Yea, & you make a nicer girl than me” I smugged sarcastically. He just rolled his eyes. Without warning, “A-CHOO!” I sneezed.

“& that’s what happens when you play in the rain” he said. I looked up & glared at him as I grabbed a tissue. “See? Now you’re sick”

“I’m not sick” I denied. Then came another sneeze. “A-CHOO!”

He crossed his arms & stared at me.

“Ok, maybe a little” I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The whole way back to the dorm, I didn’t sneeze at all, luckily. But once we went inside, “A-CHOO!” came the sneezing once more. “A-CHOO!”

Nonstop =.=”

I wiped my nose with my sleeve & sighed. “I’m going to bed…” I said weakly.

“Don’t forget your medi-”

I didn’t wait for him to finish & just slammed my bedroom door, shut.

 

Heechul’s POV

“…cine.” I finished my words right after she left. I scratched my head & sighed. “This girl really doesn’t know how to take care of herself.” I shook my head in disappointment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The Next Day

“Heechul, where’s Jade? Is she awake yet?” Leeteuk asked me.

“Beats me.” I shrugged from the dining table.

“It’s already 2PM” he said, looking down at his watch. “Well, I need to go for rehearsals. Make sure she doesn’t skip her breakfast. She always does that.” he sighed.  

“Sure thing.” I replied, not really listening.

Soon after he left, the dorm was quiet. Everyone else was out for their scheduals, while Henry, Sungmin & Zhou Mi’s out spending the day. Same with Eunhyuk, Donghae, & Siwon.

I on the other hand, was getting ready to meet up with Hongki later. But right before I left, I tilted my head to check if Jade’s door was open. I checked the clock. It was going to be 3 in any minute. When’s this girl gonna wake up?

I knocked on her door twice & waited for her to open. No response. I knocked once more & called out to her. “Jade, I’m going out. The breakfast’s on the table, ok?”

I waited for her response, but there was nothing.

“Your breakfast’s already cold out there.” I told her. “Come on out. Ryeowook made us his special chocolate chip pancakes.” I said, trying to wake her from the outside.

She’d usually come running when she smells Wookie’s pancakes. But… why isn’t she?

“Jade?” I called out, slowly opening her door. I found her still lying in bed under the covers. “Yah. You’re still asleep??” I scratched my head.

I opened the curtains to brighten her room, & maybe the sunlight would wake her. But nothing. Her face was still dugged under the covers. Not even a sound was coming out.

I came forward & shook her. “Yah.”

Ok, I know she’s a heavy sleeper, but she’s not this bad.

“Yahhh~” I pouted & shook her even more. She’s not responding, nor even moving. “Ok, you leave me no choice.” I warned her & pulled her covers away. She continued to lay there & didn’t even open her eyes. I shook her arm roughly. “Yah, come on. Wake up!”

I was starting to get annoyed, but when I touched her arm, I realized that she was warm. I blinked & swept her hair away from her face & touched her cheek. She was hot. Too hot.

Finally I heard a slight response from her. She groaned & began to whine. “Yah… Gimme my blanket back…”

“Jade, what’s wrong with you? You’re burning!” I told her.

“Are you crazy?” she asked me. “I’m freakin’ cold right now.” she managed to say in a sore voice.

She’s cold? Yet she’s burning on the outside.

“Did you take your medicine yesterday?” I asked quickly in panic.

She slowly shook her head. “I forgot…” she groaned.

I slapped my forehead. “You need to see a doctor.” I tugged her arm, pulling her up.

She winced & fell back down on the bed. “No, I’m tired. Just… let me sleep…”

“Jade, you’re burning hot & even your face is red!” I told her as I noticed that her fever was beginning to rise.

She didn’t reply to me & just slumped down on her bed to go back to sleep. So I had no choice but to carry her up.

Even when sick, she still managed to squirm. “Y-Yah! Let me go!”

“How? You can’t even walk properly without falling down!” I told her. “Now come on. We gotta get you to the hospital.”

“What?! N-No!” she snapped & jumped down, almost tripping on her feet. “I-I’m not going!” she protested; her face was even redder than before now.

“Can’t you feel the fever?? You need to go to the hospital!”

“No

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter