Test Of Courage

Maid For Them
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jade’s POV

After that, we all hopped back on the bus to continue with our journey. Wherever it is we’re going…

As usual, I sat on my seat & for a moment there I guess I just dozed off…

“We’re here!” a voice beamed. I looked around to see everyone getting up from their seats. Guess I fell asleep for a while. But, where are we?

I quickly got up from my seat & ran down the bus along with the others. Eevrything was dark. I checked my white watch & switched on the blue light to reveal that it was already 7: 37pm!!!

The creepy thing is, it’s like we’re in the middle of nowhere. I mean, all I see are trees.. trees.. & more trees…

“Yah, where are we??” I heard Eunhyuk asked the driver. I looked up to the front of the bus to see a van parking just in front. Turns out Mr. Jeung said that the camera crew had been waiting for us since daytime!

So… this is where we’re gonna shoot??

& here comes the rolling camera…

“Alright guys! Are you ready for a new task??” Jessica asked them excitedly in front of the camera.

“Err yeeeaaa…” Eunhyuk said willingly.

“If we only knew what the task is” Yesung rolled his eyes from behind.

“So here’s the thing. At exactly 8:00pm, where the sun has gone down.. That’s when it starts” Jessica told them.

“That’s when what starts?” Heechul asked.

“Oh please don’t tell me it’s that test we did last time” Eunhyuk groaned.

“Eh? What test?” I asked him wide-eyed with curiosity.

“The ‘Courage’ test” he said with his arms crossed.

“Exactly!” Jessica clapped her hands together. “So one of you will go into the woods first” she pointed to the forest(?) right across the road.

Jessica continued explaining. So all we have to do, is scare the person who will go into the woods to retrieve… a rubber ducky? o_O Well, let’s just see how this goes…

“Alright! Sun’s setting! Let’s get ready everyone~!” Jessica said as we all went into the woods.

Wow… On camera she can be soo perky.. But off camera… she’s scaryyy… =_____=”

 

“Erm.. T-There’re not gonna be bugs… right?” Sungmin shivered as we walked through.

“Hahah! Are you scared?!” Yesung laughed at him.

“What?! No!” Sungmin said & continued walking.

A moment of silence…

“……BUG!!”

“What?! WHERE?!?”

“HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!”

“What the! Imma kill you, hyung!!!” Sungmin started running after him!

*Sigh!* These guys… =______=”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

25 Minutes Later…

“Great. Here I am, in the middle of the woods, at night time, looking for a stinkin rubber ducky!” I sighed to myself while being stuck in the middle of the woods in the dark. & guess what? I’m ALONE!

“Aish! When times I want the cameraman to be here, he’s not!” I groaned while pushing the twigs that were in the way.

The other guys passed the courage test already, while I’m the last one. & all I have with me right now is a handycam, a flashlight, & a squeaky rubber hammer… =.=”

Then all of a sudden…

“RAAAAAWWWWRRR!!!” …& here comes the ghost.

*BONK!*

“Mianhe Chullie hyung” Isaid with a don’t-care face.

“Owww~!” he winced. So the game is to see if you’re afraid when one of the members scare you.

“BOOO!!” evil maknae came & (tried to) scared me.

I sighed. “Sorry Kyuhyun”

*BONK!*

“Yah~!” he pouted & rubbed his head. “How is that you’re not scared??” he asked while taking off the ghost mask. “Even Sungmin got scared!”

“Yah! I wasn’t scared! I just saw a bug!” Sungmin came walking through the bushes.

“Oh so you’re afraid of the bugs more?” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

I just sighed again & continued walking & just left those three to bicker.

“Kids…” I muttered & went ahead deeper into the woods.

 

*Buzz! Buzz!* My flashlight blinked for a moment, then poof! Lights out.

 

“What the” I hit the flashlight against my palm. “Oh great. Just great!”

No luck. Guess I’ll just use the handycam’s light

I made my way with the teeny light on the camera & all of a sudden, I thought I heard something.

“Guys?” I turned around, but everything was too dark. I turned my focus back ahead & kept on trying to find that rubber ducky. (man it’s sounds so strange when I say that >.<)

*Wooooosh~!* Another rustling sound went.

“Guys??” I looked around. Nothing.

I showed the camera to my face. “I’m not scared. I’m cool~” I breathed in slowly & told the camera.

 

“Woof! Woof!!”

 

Uh-oh…

I looked behind me &…

 

“AAARRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

“Aish~! How can she not be scared?!” I whined as we walked along back to the campsite.

“Beats me. But I gotta tell you, she’s one brave girl” Sungmin said as he brushed a dry leaf off his shoulder.  

“Yea I guess…”

 

All of a sudden…

“AAARRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!”

I quickly turned around, focusing back into the woods.

“What was that??” my eyes widened at the sound & so did Sungmin's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Heechul’s POV

“Urghh! How on earth do I take off this thing??” I whined while trying to take off the ghost mask I was wearing.

Another tight pull &… “Oof!!”

I breathed in the cool nights air. “Finally!” I said while holding the mask.

“Wait, where’s Kyu & Sungmin??” I looked around. “What the- They ditched me!”

I groaned & decided to find my way back myself until…

 

“AAARRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!”

Jade???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jade’s POV

After screaming like CRAZY I ran as fast as I could!

Thinking that I saw a ghost? Nope.

Worst.

A dog!!!!!

“Yahhh! Stop it! Get awayyyyy~!!!” I yelled at it & kept on running!

& being the careless me as usual, I tripped & dropped both, my camera & my rubber hammer.

“Woof!!” there it goes again! Gahh! Run Jade, RUNNN!!!

But just as I thought the dog was out of sight…

“W-Whoaaa~!!”

Bam! I fell again. But this time, down to who knows where.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Heechul’s POV

I could’ve sworn I heard Jade scream just now!

I went back into the dark path I was just now & decided to look for her & make sure she’s ok. To think that one of the guys scared her, Kyuhyun & Sungmin went back to the campsite already.

All of a sudden, something squeaked under my foot.

I bent down to see something… squeaky?

I picked it up.

“Wait, this is Jade’s hammer… But where is…” then I noticed something else. I grabbed it, & it was a camera. Jade’s camera!

But where is she?!

I played the camera. Nothing much.. Just a clip of her hitting me with the hammer &.. wait. Pause.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter