In Love With The Enemy

Maid For Them
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jade’s POV

I peeked out at the garden outside & breathed in the nice morning air. It’s been a while since I had this feeling. The kind you’d get when you feel like you’re in a Disney movie.

“Jade, there you are” a voice exclaimed from behind. I turned around to see Siwon coming over to me.

“Oh, Siwon. Morning” I smiled at him.

“I see you’re liking your present” he grinned & pointed at my dress.

“It’s great, I love it” I replied with a hint of chuckle. “Thanks, by the way”

“It’s no problem”

“But… you do realize that you’ve been buying me… pretty much a lot of things” I told him, emphasizing the ‘Lot’.

“Nah like I said, it’s no problem” he assured me.

“But…” I tried to protest.

“You deserve it” he said while smiling sincerely at me. I couldn’t say anything else, but just nod with a slight shy smile.

Siwon’s been pretty much helpful to me. He’s helped me with a lot of things. Mostly he’s been buying me things. I kinda feel bad about it, but what can I do? I’ve declined everytime he offers me something, but in the end I just lose.

“Thanks” I said.

“So…” he cleared his throat a bit. “The reason I came is… I… wanna talk to you about something”

“Hm? What is it?” I asked while tilting my head a bit to the left.

He glanced a bit behind him first, as if to make sure that no one was there. “I need to talk to you about something…”

“Um… Sure” I said.

Once more he glanced at the whole room before nudging me to go outside to the garden to speak. “Let’s talk outside”

I walked out & he followed behind, until we were at the white metal table near the sunflowers.

“So what is it that you wanna talk about?” I asked him.

He looked down, as if trying to find the words to speak out. “You like it here… right?” he asked me.

“You mean… New York?” I asked. He nodded. “Well yea, of course I do. I mean, I practically grew up here” I said while chuckling a bit, trying to lose the serious atmosphere.

He breathed in deeply, then exhaled. “I’m just gonna say this directly to you” he said in a very serious tone.

“Ok…?” I said while sitting down on one of the white chairs near the table.

“We’re leaving in a few days, back to Seoul” he quickly said in a fast range. “Do you just… wanna stay here?”

I paused for a moment, & my large eyes were locked on his. “H-Huh?” I exclaimed.

“Jade, tell me the truth. You love it here, don’t you?”

“Of course” I replied without doubt.

“Because Jade, if you really do… why don’t you just stay?” he finally said in the most comforting voice he could.

“What?” I said, almost in a whisper.

“We all saw how you were homesick… & since we’re going back this Sunday… why don’t you just stay?” 

“Uh… Um… But I… I-I can’t. I-I mean! I’m still assigned to the contract with SME!” I reminded him.

“Well your contract’s ending soon. I can tell them to give you an early leave”

“B-But I-”

“Jade, just know that I’m willing to help you” he said. “Even the monthly rent for your apartment. I can do that”

“B-B-But S-Siwon!” I squeaked as he got nearer.

“Jade, we just don’t want you to be sad anymore!”

Sad…? O.O Eh? Is it all because of that? Coz he feels like I might get homesick again after we leave?

“S-Siwon-” I tried to speak, but he shot up from his seat too quickly.

“Just think about it for while… Ok?” & with that, he left.

I lay my head against the hard cold table & groaned. “What am I gonna do???”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Siwon’s POV

“WHAT?!? She’s not coming WITH US?!??” Eunhyuk burst as soon as I told them the plan.

“Look guys, I know that you’re all upset” I told them. “But let’s think of it this way. We’ve all seen how upset she’s been all this time, being away from her home… Do you really think you can bare seeing her sad again?”

All went silent, & sighs were heard.

“Of course not…” Donghae said.

“I guess… Maybe… letting her stay back is the best idea” Shindong sighed. “Siwon’s right. I think she’s suffered enough living with us too”

“Suffer?” Heechul raised a brow at the word. “Oh come on, what did we ever do to her?” he scoffed, arms crossed. All eyes were set on him, including glares. “Ok ok, I get it” he finally surrendered. “But guys, even if she wants to stay, what else can we do? It’s her choice” he said. The others hate to admit it, but Heechul was right. Now all we can do is wait…

 

Jade’s POV

“So what did she actually say?” I heard Ryeowook ask Siwon.

“No idea. I told her to take some time to think about it first” Siwon replied to him. It wasn’t hard at all to see what they were planning… I was right outside, evesdropping.

But after hearing their discussion, my heart dropped. All that was in my head were saying ‘What should I do?’.  I know Siwon’s intentions were good, but… now that I think about it, my contract’s ending pretty soon. & even if I stay here, what’s the use?

I leaned against the wall & sighed. “My heart’s completely separated into two now…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

That Night

I sat out at the balcony outside my room & watched as the stars twinkled in the sky. Watching the stars had always helped me release away my stress. But somehow now, I’m not sure if it’s even working…

I continued to sit outside while listening to the radio that was placed on the small table beside me. It’s been quite peaceful actually. Probably because I haven’t talked to the guys for the whole day now. I’m guessing Siwon told them to leave me alone for a while…

Hmm… Is this what I’m gonna feel if I stay here? Quiet? I wondered to myself.

Mom’s not here… So’s oppa…

So… what’s exactly the point even if I stay…

…when everyone I love is back in Seoul?

“Aishhh…”  I sighed & shook my head. “Everything’s just so confusing!”

I cle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter