For A Flirt, He’s Pretty Smart

Maid For Them
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jade’s POV

I stretched my arms & got out off the couch the next day, & looked around to the quiet scenery of the dorm.

“Arghhh… I can’t believe I agreed to Siwon on that deal” I groaned & sat up.

“Morning~” Sungmin smiled as he came & headed for the kitchen.

“Emm~ Morning~” I said while rubbing my eyes.

“Just woke up?” he asked.

“Emm~ Yea~” I said in a sleepy tone.

“Still sleepy?”

“Yea~” I yawned & got up & headed for the bathroom to change, wash my face, brush my teeth & so on.

I went out & looked around again. Seems like no ones woken up yet except for me & Sungmin. I should get ready & make their breakfast.

 

“So what’re you gonna cook today?” Sungmin asked when I arrived at the kitchen.

“Heechul’s favorite~” I said & started washing my hands.

“Huh? What’s that?”

“Kimchi fried rice~!” I grinned.  

“Well Heechul’s gonna jump when he sees that” Sungmin chuckled.

“Hahah, why’s that?” I asked as I started opening the cupboards & taking out the ingredients.

“Well, it’s been a long time since he ate it. His mom usually cooks for him”

“Em, well, why didn’t he just buy some at the restaurant?” I asked while taking a bowl out.

“Nah~ He said since it won’t be the same as his mom’s”

Suddenly I kinda felt bad for him. I mean, since Super Junior is always so busy, they hardly have time to spend with their family.

“Well then, let’s just see if I can top those other restaurants” I said & began taking out the rice & pouring it into the big bowl.

“So, did you learn how to cook when you got this job?” he asked.

“Hm? Oh! Not really~ I’ve been cooking for a long time” I said.

“Really? Why’s that?”

“Well when you grow up in a foster home, it’s not like your ‘mom’ can cook for you. Mrs. Myres works really hard to take care of 12 kids”

“Sounds like Super Junior~” he chuckled.

“So, most of the kids had to do things by themselves. & just in case, she teaches them how to live on their own when they grow up”

“Live on their own? What do you mean?”

I turned to him & began to explain. “Well, not all kids get adopted. Some will, some won’t. I guess I was just one of the unlucky ones…” I said as I the fosset to wash the rice.

“Wait, so… no one adopted you?”

“Nope. No one wanted the ‘troubled’ kid” I said sarcastically while filling the bowl with water.

“Troubled?” he raised an eyebrow. I turned the fosset off when it’s already filled & began tossing the rice in the bowl.

“What? You don’t believe that I can be a bad girl?” I smirked.

“Err… No?” he chuckled. “What’d you do anyway?”

I poured the water out from the bowl & head to open the rice cooker.

“Well,” I began. “I guess I was… a bit disturbed at that time”

“Disturbed?”

“I was too little at that time to except the fact that I was an orphan”

“Ohh…” his expression changed to a bit of a gloomy sight.

“I did my best to get out. I didn’t wanna stay there, so I kept on pranking people & the kids there~” I chuckled.

“There was once when I was 6. The foster home had a preschool there, & one time, I snuck a parrot in class”

“A parrot??” he began to laugh.

“Hahah! He was Mrs. Myers pet. His name was Jango & all the kids love him & always gave him crackers. But I never liked him ever since he bit my finger when it was my turn to feed him” I said. 

“I’ve always had the feeling he hates me” I laughed as I began to cook the rice in the rice cooker. While waiting for it to cook, I began to prepare the others such as chopping the onions & Kimchi.

“But I didn’t stop there” I said.

“Hm?”

“After that, things kinda… got worse. Especially when I turned 14” I said.

“No matter how hard I try, I just couldn’t get out of there. & when you start middle & high school, they’d send us to regular schools. Unlike the preschool that they already had there at the foster home” I said while chopping the onions.

“I started to cut class & skip schools & stuff to hang out with the skater kids behind the alley. They were like, I dunno. 17?”

“Wait, wasn’t that dangerous?”

“Yup. I just didn’t know that. Then one day, one of the ‘goody-goody’ girls from the foster home caught me. One of em was Mrs. Myers daughter. & boy was I in trouble. I never liked her coz she was all… ‘girly’ & so… urgh~! Feminine & stuff!” I said in disgust. “But I owe it to her. If she hadn’t found me, I would’ve almost started smoking. At 14!”

“Whoa… You weren’t kidding when you said you were troubled”

“See?” I smugged. “I did soo many things. I trashed the school, just so that Mrs. Myers would get annoyed & throw me out. But she still didn’t”

“Well maybe she thinks that you’d learn by yourself, rather than her teaching you”

“I guess… But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter