Secrets, Surprises, & Cake

Maid For Them
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jade’s POV

I was walking along with Heechul beside me, till I heard someone call me.

“Jade!” a girl’s voice called. I turned around & saw someone running after me.

I signaled Heechul & the others to hide somewhere before she sees them.

“Jade, is that you??” the redhead asked me.

“Um, yea” I answered. I studied her for a while, & oddly, she seemed familiar. “Jenny?”

“Thank goodness! You remembered me!” she exclaimed excitedly.

For a while I wondered if I got the wrong person. Since when was Jenny this perky? Last I remember she was the gothic girl in high school; always making me miserable & cheating off my paper during tests. 

“Wait, what’re you doing here?” I asked.

“Well Ellie told me how you came back. From Korea, right?”

“Oh, yea. I was studying there for a while” I explaining to her when suddenly a couple of guys came.

“Jade, you remember James & Keith, right?” she asked, pointing at the very familiar tall guy in front of me.

“Yea” I replied coldly.

How could I not remember them? The two brothers who’d always humiliate me evertime during P.E. & now that I’m suddenly back & changed, they’re trying to be all ‘nice’ to me.

As they continued to create a conversation with me, I just stood there & nodded like I was listening. It was too obvious. All three of them had platic smiles on their faces.

I sighed & crossed my arms as James began to brag on how he got a scholarship & all & bla bla bla…

I touched my head & closed my eyes for a minute. But then, I heard a voice calling me. A voice that I kind of remember… but it’s too faint.

“Miina?”

When the voice spoke, everyone quiet down & stopped talking. I tilted my head to see behind James & Jenny, & saw a figure of a guy peeking towards us. All I know is that the only one who calls me Miina instead of Jade, is…

“Junghwa?” my eyes lit up.

A smile formed on his face as he stood there with his usual eye smile.

“CHOI JUNGHWAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!” I ran over to hug him, forgetting about Jenny, James, & Keith.

He chuckled at the surprise bear hug attack. “So you do remember me”

“Yah, how can I forget?” I broke the hug & punched his left arm playfully.

I don’t think I’ve ever explained, but meet Junghwa. Choi Junghwa. Yea he’s never made an appearance before, but he was my only friend in high school. Well, my junior, that is. He first came to New York because of his dad’s job transfer, & the first time he stepped into school, all the guys tortured him. He knew little English, so the students at school took advantage by ‘teaching’ him English. & one of them were James & Keith. Well, it wasn’t a good thing for him. Poor guy, always got played by them. That is till one day I stepped foot & defended him. He was thankful to discover another English-korean living in New York. So from there we became friends. But then after a few months his did had another job transfer & he had to move. We never really got in touch after that. Until now.

“So are you finally back from China?” I asked him with a big smile.

“Yea! The company transferred my dad back to New York. I was looking for you, but I didn’t know where to look” he gave out an upset look.

“Oh, I was in Seoul”

“Korea?” he sounded eager at the word of his hometown.

“Ne” I nodded.

“Waaa… You’re lucky you get to go there. I haven’t been there in a while now” he said.

As we chatted, Jenny & the two guys pursed their lips in annoyance. Feeling invisible & left out, they left the place without a word, but only scowls on their faces.

“I see you’ve improved” I said.

“Hm?” he tilted his head, asking what I meant.

“Your English!” I pointed.

He grinned happily. “Yea, I’ve studied a lot when I was in China”

Suddenly I heard someone clear his throat behind me. I turned around & found Heechul & the guys, finally coming out from hiding.

“Are you done? Can we go home now?” Heechul asked, annoyed having the feeling of being invisible for the part 5 minutes.

“Ne, arasso” I said.

Junghwa paused & gasped. “N-Neo” he pointed at Heechul. “Shuper Juniyo Kim Heechul?” he asked in surprise.

Well I guess his engrish is still there

Heechul tilted his head with his arms crossed. “Ne. & you are?” he asked with a little glare attached. Why does it feel like his Diva act is back?

“This is Junghwa. My old school mate back in high school” I explained.

Junghwa blinked & began to stutter. “Yah, I haven’t seen you in just a few years & I came back seeing you friends with Super Junior?!”

I wanted to giggle so badly at his funny reaction. “Junghwa, this is Sungmin, Siwon, Henry…” I could’ve finished the introduction, but he finished it off for me already.

We talked for a moment, & Junghwa offered to buy drinks for us. I was about to say ‘Yes’, but Heechul grabbed my arm & pulled me back. “Sorry, but we’re late for something”

“Boh? For what?” I asked him curiously.

He looked at me but didn’t answer my question. “Kaja” but just dragged me off.

“Y-Yah!” I exclaimed as my feet almost got off the ground by his strength. “I-I’ll call you later!” I shout to Junghwa as we left.

He waved at me with an odd look, but stayed calm. I thought I even saw him chuckle for a moment there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Back At The Vacation House

Leeteuk’s POV

“Quick guys! Come on!” I yelled. “Jade’s gonna be home any minute!”

I watched as Eunhyuk & Shindong hurried to hang the blue lights up, & Ryeowook bringing out all the food. &, the cake. Well stunt cake, that is. Don’t ask ;)

 

Suddenly, I heard an engine roar. “They’re back!” I told the guys.

 

Jade’s POV

I stepped out & head over to open the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter