Recalling Past Memories

Maid For Them
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jade’s POV

After a few days, I’ve finally decided that I’d tell the guys about the call with Mr. Park. Donghae tried to talk me into extending the contract. But I think… maybe it’s time to end it finally. Yesung on the other hand, seemed pretty relaxed about it all. But then again, why was his fist clenching?

“Jade!” Henry jumped on the couch I was sitting at, smiling a wide grin. I smiled back while holding the mug of hot chocolate in my hand. “Let’s hang out at Lotte World again”

I tilted my head. “Hm? Why?” I asked him.

“Well, if this is gonna be the last month of all 13 of us together, let’s make it the best” he grinned. “We can go back to Lotte World. Just like the first time” he said. Then Donghae & Siwon walked in, & he immediately turned to them. “Guys! How about it?”  he asked them.

“Not a bad idea” Siwon said, nodding in agreement. Donghae nodded as well along with him.

The three of them, Henry, Siwon, & Donghae, planned with the rest as I continued to sit on the couch, sipping my hot drink while watching the TV.

“But I got rehearsals this wednesday” I heard Heechul say. To be honest, I got quite upset when he said that. It was as if he was choosing work over his own friend.

I stayed calm, not wanting to show any of them my expression, & just continued watching a re-run of Dream Team.

I caught Heechul glancing at me for a moment. His face turned a bit sorrow for a second, then he turned back to the others. “I’ll tell Mr. Lee to re-arrange my schedual”

BOH?? I almost dropped my mug when I heard him say that.

“I’m sure he’ll understand” he nods at the guys as they all agreed to the outing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

That night I couldn’t sleep at all. I kept on turning & tossing over to the right, then to the left. I even almost fell off my bed! All that was in my head were jumbled up ever since that call. I couldn’t help, but think.

What’s gonna happen?

Am I going back to New York?

Should I go back to New York?

I mean obviously I can’t stay here for long, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The Next Morning

After breakfast, I sat on the couch with my face facing up to the ceiling, as usual. I blinked & blinked as I kept on thinking to myself. Maybe I thinking too much. I need to relax more. I should be thinking on what rides to go on tomorrow, rather than stressing myself about this.

“Hot chocolate?” I opened my eyes to see Siwon, coming over with two mugs in hand.

“How’d you know I wanted Hot chocolate?” I asked him curiously while sitting up.

“Well truthfully, I made it for Leeteuk. But he had to rush off for his radio show with Eunhyuk” he explained, then handed the mug to me. “Don’t want it to go to waste”

“Thanks” I smiled as I took it.

He leaned back as he adjusted himself on the couch. “So, you feeling ok?” he asked.

“Yea… I’m fine” I replied. Honestly he knows what I’ve been thinking. He’s like a mind reader or something.

“Things haven’t been how you wanted?” he continued to ask.

I hesitated, then nodded. “You could say that”

He smiled & chuckled while re-adjusting himself once more.

“It’s just…” I tried to say, but couldn’t. I breathed in for a second there & began again. “I just… I-I guess I’m a little bit affected after that call” I admited, looking down at the mug I was holding. He nodded as he understood. “I dunno what to say…” I said, looking up from the mug & inhaling deeply. “When I first started, the only thing I’ve ever wanted was for the contract to end. But now… why does it seem like the opposite?” I turned to look at him with a slight pout. “Am I bad?” I asked him.

“No…” he chuckled. I sighed & looked back down at the mug. “So you are gonna miss us” he smiled.

“Of course!” I punched his arm.

“Ow!” he reacted. I rolled my eyes at how cheesy his acting was.

“If I go back to New York…” I began, sighing a bit while looking out into space. “Do you think things would still be the same? Would I still… be happy?”

He breathed in & looked at my expressionless face. “You’re happy here?”

I nodded while biting my lower lip & looking down.

“Well, it’s hard to say. But it’s up to you. What do you want?” he asked me directly.

I hesitated & played with the mug for a while. “I wanna be with my family… Is that ok?” I said as I pointed out at him & the others.

He came over & hugged me for a minute, then let go. “Of course” he finally replied.

“But… I guess I’d have to think of a second opinion as well” I said.

“You do that. But remember that you can always come back to us if anything’s wrong” he told me as he brushed my bangs to the side. I nodded with a relieved grin.

He’s been so good to me. Helping me out, buying me things… Even though I told him not to. It’s been a long time since I had people doing that for me.

It was like he felt the need to do that for me. He felt like he wanted to give me everything. Even though I didn’t ask for it. It was sweet of him to do that. & I’d never forget it…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Later

“HAH! I won!!!!!!” I cheered as I finally beat Kyuhyun at his own game. StarCraft, I mean XD

“Good battle” he played cool & leaned back in his seat.

We stopped to take a break when I finally realized something. “Hold up. Did you let me win?” I asked him.

His head shot up & his eyes were wide. “No” he immidiately said. I could tell that he was lying.

“You DID!” I said. It was so obvious.

As hyper & aggressive as I was the whole time with the game, I noticed how he didn’t even move a muscle. How was I so gullible?!

“Yah Kyuhyun-ah! Waeyo???” I pouted.

“I’m just… tired” he explained, easing back slowly into his seat.

I tilted my head at the lame words. “Seriously. You tired of StarCraft?” I said.

He didn’t reply & I just let out a loud sigh.

“I hate you” I glared while pouting. He blinked innocently.

“Oh come on. You should be happy that you won” he said as he grabbed his mug & took a sip of his drink. I rolled my eyes while crossing my arms.

This idiot always makes me angry. But then again… I can never stay mad at him, right? Urghh… Those puppy eyes of him. How could I fall for it everytime? ==”

I continued to watch as he drank. Flashbacks suddenly rolled by me. Pictures & movies of our past memories from the first time I met him.

 

Flashback

“Yah, don’t even think about it” a voice st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter