Back to work

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

"Oh no I'm late!" Dara shrieked. "Again, again, again!!!" she cried out.

Dara grabbed her coat while stuffing a piece of bread into at the same time. She slipped into her professional blouse and tried to zip her skirt which wouldn't budge. Hopping, she jumped all the way to the hall and finally got her clothes right.

Slipping the coat on, Dara stuffed the remaining bread into and washed it down with latte. She took three deep breaths to calm herself and regain her wits again, then slipped her heels on.

This was her everyday routine since the beginning of time. She couldn't remember a day, even back to when she was studying, that she could wake up on time and take her breakfast leisurely while reading the newspaper.

That was a luxury she never once afforded.

Dara knocked herself on the head as she locked her door. "Aigoo Sandara Park can't you wake up one time for once?" Dara muttered to herself. She hugged her bag and hurried down to her car.

She lived in a magnificent apartment, one that wouldn't be affordable to anyone in her peer range. It had only been possible with her numerous successes in the court room. She was really a legend in the law industry.

Dara got into her beloved red mazda and drove off with a smile on her face as she checked herself in the mirror. Today was going to be a good day, just like how it was every single day.

-----

Dara got out of her car at the Starbucks to get coffee for herself and the girls as she always did. She parked her car behind a black Audi and went into Starbucks just as a guy came out from the shop. They bumped shoulders but the guy didn't seem to notice since he had been busy talking on a phone. "Yes boss..."

Dara frowned at the rude guy and went into the shop. "People these days..." she muttered. She went into the shop and proceeded to order two lattes, one black coffee and one hot chocolate as per usual. The coffee boy at the counter smiled at her brightly as she greeted her.

"Annyeong! Two Lattes, a Black Coffee and a Hot Chocolate as usual right?" he winked at her flirtiously. Some other school girls in the shop swooned since they all came to Starbucks for this particular Coffee Boy Cutie.

Dara remained unaffected and she took the bag from him. "Thank you." she bowed and went off without looking back.

Coffee boy cutie slumped dejectedly and his collegue patted his shoulder. "It's been half a year you've been trying Baekhyun." his co-worker Chanyeol told him. "It's time you gave her up and went for some reachable goal, the SNSD sunbaes."

Baekhyun shot Chanyeol a look. "SNSD sunbaes? I'm a coffee boy while they're singers, how's that attainable?" he retorted.

Chanyeol gave a smirk and looked at Baekhyun."Exactly. Sandara Park is further off reach than even the SNSD girls." he laughed. Baekhyun frowned and whacked his partner on the head. "Aish you!"

Dara walked out of the shop and went to her car, smoothing her skirts. Just as she passed by the black Audi in front of her red mazda, the black Audi drove off carelessly, spraying water onto her skirt. Dara frowned and shot an irritated look at the car and caught sight of the person in it.

The very same person that she had bumped into when she first stepped into the store. The same hair, same black leather jacket.

Dara let out a frustrated growl and brushed her skirt. "Aish that idiotic man!" Dara cursed. She hurried into her car and closed the door. She looked into the mirror and patted her cheeks.

"No use getting mad over such a guy, Sandara Park." she told herself. "First day back at work, fighting fighting!"

-----

"DARA!" The male workers cheered when she got to the office. Dara pinked and waved awkwardly. "Ahehe.. Annyeong." she grinned. "Errr...good day?"

"Dara sshi let me get your bag!" one said. "Dara sshi do you need biscuits to go with your coffee?" another asked. "I have biscuits!" "Dara sshi we missed you while you were in Japan!" another called out loudly.

Dara smiled politely. "Err thanks." she blinked. "I uh...I'm fine. You guys can go hurry with your work."

She glanced over and saw Minzy giggling lightly with the other interns as they helped to file the paper work. Dara made a face and went over, delivering the hot chocolate. "GOOD Morning huh unnie?" Minzy laughed.

Dara rolled her eyes. SHe passed the Black coffee to Minzy as well. "I have a meeting with the board of directors later so I can't walk all the way to the finance department. Pass this to Chaerin for me, oh?" she smiled.

Minzy bowed ninety degrees. "Arraso Miss Dara sshi~~" she imitated Dara's suitors. Dara rolled her eyes and whacked the maknae's head. "Aish."

She strode quickly to her office and got the necessary documents and headed over to the meeting room. Bom's desk was in front of the CEO's office and she grinned at her friend. "Here Bominator." Dara passed her one Latte while she sipped the other. Bom brightened at the coffee and smiled. "Aigoo just what I need. I don't think I'm up for another three hour meeting Dara ah.." she pouted.

Dara rolled her eyes. "You don't even talk when we're inside, Bom." she teased. The two of them made their way towards the meeting room and met with the CEO, Yang Hyun Suk and his two right hand men Teddy and Yang Hyunwoo. Hyunwoo was Hyunsuk's younger brother while Teddy was Hyunsuk's half brother, the illegitimate son of Hyunsuk and Hyunwoo's father.

"Dara sshi! Bom sshi!" Yang Hyunsuk smiled brightly. "You two are back from the Japan trip?" Dara and Bom nodded politely.

"That's good." Teddy joked. "The company almost collapsed without you two." Dara and Bom laughed easily as they walked into the meeting room. Even though they hold the leader positions in the company, they were funny and gracious to all.

As they walked into the room, Dara felt a hand on the lower of her back, dangerously near to her . She froze and looked back. "Mr Yang." she frowned. Yang Hyunwoo smirked and walked past her. "Nice to have a beautiful lady back in the company, Dara."

Dara held back the shudder and proceeded to her seat. Yang Hyunwoo was the only reason why she didn't like going to work.

 

 

"Here's the latte you wanted." Jiyong muttered as he shoved the cup at TOP. TOP brightened and began sipping on the drink. "Thanks. I didn't really expect you to get it, really."

Jiyong shot his hyung a look. "YOU DIDN'T EXPECT ME TO GET IT?" he roared. "You woke me at 6:30am in the morning and with three calls and seventeen messages to get you latte before coming to the headquarters and you say you didn't expect me to get it?"

TOP shrank just a little, looking retarded as the tall guy tried to fit in that little stool he was sitting on. "Mian."

Jiyong let out a frustrated yell and paced around the room. Seungri looked up at his hyung with his forever panda eyes and sulked. "Why isn't Boss here yet?"

"I'm here." a deep voice rang out.

The five of them immediately stood and bowed to their boss. "Follow me in." the fat man gestured. They went into a familiar room that they had frequented two years ago before they were transferred over to US.

"So what's the new mission, Boss?" Daesung asked with his gag man smile.

Boss shot him a look and plopped his fat body on the chair. "Well for the US mission," Boss told them. "Good job. Good job on uncovering the truth and getting those bad guys in jail."

"Thank you Boss!" the five of them chorused.

"It's all GD hyung's work really!" Seungri chipped in. "He knocked five of them down together!"

"I know VI, I had everything reported to me." The Boss rolled his eyes. "For your next mission..."

Everyone took a deep breath and held it, waiting for it and anticipating.

"It hasn't been confirmed yet." The Boss concluded. "So for now you guys are free."

"AYYYYYY..." the boys groaned. Jiyong rubbed the back of his neck. "Aish. I've never had a free day since two years back. This is weird." he grumbled.

"I know right?" Daesung pouted.