Love is Sweeeeeeet

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

"Because I love her! I ing love her, get it?"

Dara stared at Jiyong like he was looking at him for the first time. Blood was rushing through her ears and she felt slightly giddy. With happiness? Shock? Disbelief?

She wasn't sure what she felt but yes she was shocked. She stared at Jiyong and saw Hyunwoo looking at Jiyong like he was some sort of alien, which was presumably Dara's expression as well.

Why was he saying this? Because of Hyunwoo again? If so, she should tell her heart not to skip beats as if she was jumping off the top of the cliff or something like that. But she couldn't, because her heart was one stubborn thing.

Jiyong grabbed Dara's arm and steered her towards his car. His car?

Dara did a double take at his car. Since when did another car get parked beside Hyunwoo's? She didn't hear anything and she was sure that Hyunwoo didn't either. Jiyong just appeared out of nowhere with his super agent skills. Way to go.

Jiyong made Dara sit in his car and he got into the driver's seat, heading back in the direction of Dara's apartment. Dara let out a small sigh and looked around at the car.

She better enjoy this feeling together with Jiyong before the act ends.

She peeked over at Jiyong and was beyond surprised to see him seething and fuming. If this had been some sort of cartoon or comic collection the artist would no doubt draw smoke coming out of his ears or something.

*Why is he do angry?* Dara frowned, confused.

They reached Dara's apartment in no time and Jiyong made her get out. He took her hand and led her to the elevator, not saying anything throughout.

"Jiyong-" Dara started, when Jiyong shushed her.

"Don't talk till we're in your house. I don't trust my behavior in public just yet." he told her seriously.

The door of the elevator opened and Jiyong pulled Dara inside. Dara got in and stated at their intertwined hands in wonder. First he said loved her and now he's holding hands with her without Hyunwoo around. This must be a dream.

A bright Ding! indicated that they reached Dara's floor. Jiyong grabbed the keys from Dara's hands and opened the door in a flash, with his super fast undercover agent skills.

He pushed Dara inside and slammed the door behind him. He stared at her wordlessly for some moments, his yes unreadable. Dara had no idea what he was thinking but she didn't dare ask. She fidgeted uncomfortably under his intense gaze and bit her lip.

"You're an idiot, Sandara Park." Jiyong finally whispered.

Dara's head snapped up to look at him in surprise. "Excuse me?"

Jiyong took one step away and walked around the house, taking deep breaths as if he was really angry about something. But what? Dara didn't even do anything to enrage him.

"First you go drinking alone in that sleazy club," Jiyong ranted. "Then now you go walking around at some abandoned river in the middle of the night. Are you mad?" he shot her a glare.

Dara started to get defensive. "Excuse me but that isn't an abandoned river. It's just not renowned like the Han River and in fact it's called-"

"I don't care what it's called!" Jiyong cut her off. He took several breaths and came to stand in front of her, looking at her do intently that she started to blush somewhat.

"Don't you know any sense of self appreciation?" Jiyong asked softly. "Self defense? Don't you know how to speak up for yourself?"

Dara blinked. "What are you talking about Jiyong?" she whispered, slightly unsettled.

"Why didn't you tell me after that?" Jiyong looked at her. "Why didn't you tell me that Sohee was the one who cheated on me and you were persuading her to break up with me because of that?"

Dara stilled.

She felt her world shake at that instant, all her beliefs and the things she tried to protect all these time suddenly turned foreign and I recognizable.

"I.." Dara faltered, gaping at Jiyong. "How did you know?"

"Nevermind how I know." Jiyong snapped. "But why? Are you that much of an idiot Dara? I humiliated you in front of the whole school and I even...I even slapped you. Why didn't you stand up for yourself when Sohee was the one who's wrong?"

Dara avoided his eyes and looked at the ground, like a kid who was getting scolded. "I...I thought it didn't matter." she murmured. "It's better for you to think that Sohee broke up with you because of me instead of her being unfaithful. I'm sorry I lied. I just didn't want you to get hurt."

Jiyong wanted to strangle Dara, but at the same time wanted to kiss her senseless. He never met someone so foolish and adorable before.

"And you think I won't be hurt or angry right now?" Jiyong looked at her sternly.

Dara faltered. Her gaze darted around in an attempt to regain her calm.

*So he's hurt because now he found out that Sohee cheated on him?* Dara bit her lip sadly. "I know it's got to hurt when your girlfriend cheated on you, but-"

"I don't care about Sohee the now, you idiot." Jiyong couldn't help but push her forehead as he closed their distance some more. "I'm talking about you."

Dara blinked in confusion. Okay, this is getting puzzling.

"Don't you think I'll be hurt and I'll feel like such a for treating you like that four years ago?" Jiyong questioned. "Don't you think I'll be disappointed with myself for not seeing what was in front of me all the time, going for the devil instead of the angel? Don't you think I'll be ashamed of myself?"

Dara gaped at him. "Jiyong..."

Jiyong held her face in his hands and stared deeply into her eyes. "I'm telling you this Sandara Park, and you better listen good." he whispered. "I don't care about Sohee. I don't care about her now, and I highly suspect i never really did. I should have known when I was spending more time with my girlfriend's friend instead of my girlfriend herself."

Dara held her breath in anticipation.

"I'm not saying this out of guilt, Dara. You know I'm not someone like that." Jiyong continued. "I wanted to confess tomorrow..." he glanced at the clock. It was already 1am. "Okay, today. I wanted to confess today but I couldn't wait when your brother came into my house to punch me for being such an idiot. I'm sorry Dara, I should have seen this, it was there all along."

He closed the distance between them and tugged Dara closer. She stumbled and he caught her in his arms, just where he wanted her to be. "I love you. I mean it."

And the kiss was sweeter than any other Jiyong had given her. Ever.