The girl at his door

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

Jiyong drove all the way home through the night. He was dreadfully curious as to who the lady at his door step was.

And not to mention pissed.

He had told Dara that he would need to return to his house in Seoul and his heart dropped when he saw Dara's face fall. He was dreadfully disappointed himself. I mean, come on. It's going to be Christmas in a few minutes and he's taken away from her?

Jiyong tore himself away and promised Dara that he would come back in the morning. Dara was concerned over him driving so much at night, but Jiyong had insisted.

He wanted to come back to her as soon as possible as well, there wasn't any way out.

"But just who is this causing all these trouble?" Jiyong muttered, grumbling. "This had better be some sort of emergency or I'll just kill this person."

He stormed all the way up to his apartment, his face grim and his thoughts clouded with longing to be cuddling on the same bed with Dara at the moment, when he finally set his eyes on who it was waiting at his doorstep.

And immediately he knew it was an emergency.

"Sohee." Jiyong frowned. "What are you doing here?"

The girl in questioned looked up from her sitting position and smiled brightly when she saw Jiyong arrive. "Jiyong!" she let out a squeal and ran towards him, giving him a hug.

Jiyong flinched as she wrapped her arms around him and he pulled away as politely as he could. "What are you doing here?" he repeated again, coldly.

Sohee smiled up at him. "Aww can't you invite me into your house, Jiyong?" she beamed. "I'm cold and tired from waiting for you all day long." she pouted.

Jiyong rolled his eyes. *Please. How old is she? Three? Can't she act like her age like Dara does?* he made a grunt in his throat and opened his door out of courtesy. He poured hot water instead of tea since it saved time and he really wanted to get this whole thing over and done with.

He slammed the cup on the table and looked at her curtly. "What are you doing here, Sohee?" he asked for the third time.

Sohee looked at him and pouted. AGAIN. "Aigoo Jiyong why would you even need to ask?" she puffed her cheeks. "Of course to see you!" she claimed. "I returned from Japan in a rush so that I could spend Christmas with you tomorrow!" she smiled.

Jiyong nearly laughed. "After four years?" He raised a brow. "Please Sohee. I'm not that dumb." he retorted with a snort. "And I know you cheated on me four years ago. Dara was just trying to convince you to break up with me and not lead me on any longer. You just continued with the lie and made her the bad one. I know it all." he said coldly.

Sohee stiffened. *! How did he know?* she frowned. *I bet that Dara told him. . Couldn't have Yang Hyunwoo alerted me on this first?*

She calmed herself down and made a sad face. "Well in my defense, you were always away at the army and I didn't get to see my boyfriend at all! I was lonely!" she defended. Jiyong rolled his eyes. *Yes yes. So now she's even trying to convince me that her cheating was right.*

"I love you Jiyong. Don't you love me?" she sniffled softly. She was the epitome of feminism, her actions cute and ladylike. When she sniffled, Jiyong had thought she looked even cuter than the Puss in Boots in Shrek and no guy could ever refuse her like that.

But not now. Jiyong just wanted to punch her face for making Dara suffer all these years.

"No." Jiyong replied flatly. "I don't love you. I don't think I ever did to be honest. I just just in love with the image of you I built in my mind." he told her. "I love Dara now. She's the last girl I'll love, there's no one after her."

Sohee frowned. Last girl he'll ever love? PUH-LEASE how corny can he be? *I wonder why I even fell for him in the first place.* Sohee resisted the urge to roll her eyes. *And Dara? Eww his taste is so bad!*

"Dara?" Sohee gasped, faking shock. "You're with Dara now? No you can't be! You don't know what sort of a person she is!"

Jiyong's face hardened. She could insult him for all he cared, she could waste his time by whining and wanting him back, she could cheat on him a thousand times over but nothing would make him as mad in such a short time as her insulting Dara. "What sort of a person she is?" Jiyong retorted coldly. "You sure you're saying this when she's the one trying to persuade you to do something right and you're the one who's been cheating?"

At least Sohee had the courtesy to flinch. "I know I did wrong, Jiyong." Sohee sighed. "But you don't understand. I don't want you to be with someone who tried to sabotage you!"

Jiyong frowned. "What are you talking about."

Sohee dug her bag and took out an envelope. She passed it to him and sighed. "Don't you remember how you applied for Kyunghee university? Professor Han told you that you would get in, hundred percent." she reminded. "But they sent a letter to say that they didn't want you as a student, don't you remember?"

Jiyong blinked. Yes he did.

He had wanted to get into Seoul National University at first, and his results could make it IF ONLY he had the money to pay for the fees. But he hadn't, and the only way he could attend was through scholarship.

However entrance results to the university differed greatly from the results they were seeking for students to subsidise in their studies. Jiyong's results were good enough to enter the school but not good enough to get a scholoarship. Hence he could only give up his dream of entering the best university in Korea and go for another one.

He applied for the more affordable Kyunghee university and got the scholarship. His family couldn't afford his university fees and the only way he could afford was through scholoarships, which was why he was really relieved when more than one professor told him that he would most definitely get it.

But a few days later, Kyunghee university sent a letter saying that they rejected Jiyong's application, without stating the reasons. It was a mystery till now.

"What about it?" Jiyong frowned at Sohee. "What are you getting at."

Sohee sighed and pointed to the envelope she passed him. "Open it." she told him. "Inside are pictures of Dara creeping into your room and sabotaging your application process. Remember the essay you wrote for Kyunghee university? She changed it just before you sent it out and I saw it. It was crap. No university would accept you if they read it."

Jiyong furrowed his brows as he tore the envelope open. It showed Dara creeping into his room, no question. He remembered his room alright, he went back to stay with his family for a bit after being released from his army service.

And Dara's expression was cautious, looking around. It was evident that she was doing something she didn't want anyone to know about.

The second picture showed Dara taking out papers from her bag and putting it in an envelope.

Jiyong stared at the pictures in shock. It was no doubt his home, no doubt Dara. He even recognised the stack of envelops on this desk. Those were the university application forms he had filled out that time.

"I don't believe she did it." Jiyong muttered firmly. "She's not someone like that. And besides she had no reason to."

Sohee shook her head. "She did." she convinced. "You yelled at her in front of the school remember?" she told him. "Well after that, one of the other students told that to a teacher and she took back the recommendation letter she wrote for Dara. Dara wasn't able to get into Seoul National University in the end and she was angry, that's why she wanted revenge."

Jiyong shook his head. "No I still don't believe-"

"And don't you remember how adamant Dara had been about getting into Seoul National University's Law School?" Sohee continued relentlessly. "She told us that she would never accept a school other than that because it's the very best. You ruined her chances of getting in that's why she ruined yours. She just didn't expect a slot to be opened in the Seoul National University scholarship and you got accepted into a better school that Kyunghee University."

Jiyong swallowed. Dara had been really firm about going to SNU. It was her dream. He could still remember how her eyes would light up when she talked to him about the Law course in SNU. She said she would never let anyone ruin her chances of getting in.

Was that really it? Jiyong yelling at her and the rumours about her ruining Jiyong and Sohee's relationship had caused bad reputation and she really got rejected by SNU? That's why she did it?

Jiyong couldn't wrap his head around the idea and he stood up. "I still don't believe you, Sohee." he muttered. "I believe Dara. She isn't someone like that. If you would please just leave."

Sohee looked hurt. "I don't have a place to stay and I don't have enough money, Jiyong." she pleaded. "Can't I stay here? Can't we spend christmas together?"

Jiyong looked at her coldly and turned away. "You can stay here, only until you find another place to stay." he relented. "But I'm going back to Dara. She's waiting for me."

With that, he turned and strode out of the door, closing the door with a slam.