Welcome Dinner

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

In an blink of the eye, the Big Bang boys had already worked at YG for more than a week.

In tradition, the staff would normally hold a welcoming dinner for their new employees, but they didn't do so for Big Bang's first week because they didn't feel it was right, with Teddy's passing just few days ago.

Hence as the boys' second week drew to a close, the secretaries here and there gathered everyone to welcome Big Bang into YG officially.

The whole company went to a nearby Japanese restaurant and camped there, and even Yang Hyun Suk took time off his busy schedule to be there because he knew every single employee was important.

The Big Bang members were kept in the dark as they were given task after task to keep them busy as the others slipped off.

Dara bit back a smile as Jiyong kept cursing while correcting the grammar and phrasing mistakes by the fellow shareholders of the company.

"What the.." He muttered. "They earn ten times more than an average household does a month, and he doesn't know how to spell beverage. Remind me how he got his position again?"

Dara chuckled lightly. After her "sacrifice" for Jiyong with regards to the submission of the insurance application claim, he had toned down on his rudeness and cocky attitude quite a lot.

He didn't treat her nicely of course, he never treated anyone that way. But he didn't complain when she gave him tasks, and she always caught him looking at her with an unreadable expression as if trying to read her mind.

Dara's phone vibrated and she got Bom's cue to bring Jiyong down. She packed her things and stood up. "Uhm..." she blinked at him. "You...you..." she struggled for words. How was she going to ask him to dinner when they obviously wouldn't do that in normal circumstances?

"What?" Jiyong raised a brow.

Dara her lips and gestured to her watch. "It's five. Time to get off work. The 2NE1 girls and Big Bang boys are going out for dinner together. We should go too." she told him.

Jiyong made a face and turned back to his computer. "It's okay I'll be late. I'll just finish this." he muttered and continued typing.

Dara wanted to pull at her hair. *And leave the President Yang waiting for you???* she composed herself and tried again. "Leave it for tomorrow then. Let's go. Now." she urged.

Jiyong frowned at her. "You don't like me anymore than I like you. Why the sudden interest in having me at dinner?" he asked, suspicious.

*Damn his undercover instincts!* Dara hugged her bag. "Aish I'm your superior! Just follow me!" she huffed and grabbed his arm, pulling him up from his seat and out of the door.

"But I haven't-" Jiyong blinked, surprised, tittering after Dara and trying to match her pace. The darn girl could walk really quickly even with her killer heels if she wanted to.

 

 

"Oh the Japanese restaurant?" Daesung mumbled as they got out of the cars. The girls had led the way and brought them there for dinner, and none of them suspected anything since it was becoming a habit for them to meet for meals.

"Woahhhh I'm hungry. Let's go in!" Seungri urged, pulling TOP's sleeve. TOP rolled his eyes, pulled his arm away from the maknae while dusting his shirt, and walked calmly into the restaurant as if he was filming an perfume ad.

The gang went in and CL whispered to the waiter that they were together with the Yangs. The waiter nodded and brought them to one of the reserved rooms at the back.

"Ehh? You reserved tables for us?" Youngbae asked in surprise. He looked around and saw several empty seats around. "But there are spaces around."

"It's different." Minzy blurted quickly. "The rooms are much nicer."

"Oh really?" Youngbae asked in interest.

The gang approached the room and the girls stood at the side, not wanting to open the door. Jiyong frowned at Dara who had backed away and gestured for him to slide it open instead. "What the...don't you even know how to open a freaking do-" he jumped back in surprise as he slid the door open.

"SURPRISE!!!!!"

The whole gang of employees from YG were sitting inside with party hats and whistles, smiling and cheering. "Whaaa?" Jiyong's eyes grew large.

"Welcome to the company!!!" One of the secretaries cheered.

The Big Bang members smiled softly as everything clicked into place. They felt somewhat warm and touched by the others' efforts. Even though they might leave soon since they were still primarily undercover agents, the culture in YG made them feel at home.

"Hi guys." Yang Hyun Suk smiled. "We haven't got to welcome you officially into the company since there were...unfortunate incidents last week." the crowd downed a little, remembering.

"But we really appreciate your arrival to the company!" Yang Hyun Suk smiled. "We hope YG will not only be a place to work, but a place where you find home." he declared.

The employees burst into a series of cheers and claps. Big Bang bowed and Jiyong stood in front to talk. "Thank you. We really appreciate this." he bowed.

The boys and girls settled down and the food began coming. There were lively chatters everywhere as these people who were colleagues by day and friends by night, chatted easily as had fun.

They asked Big Bang about their backgrounds and previous jobs, which they lied easily since they had it memorized. Much of the female workers crowded around the boys, asking if they were attached.

"Are you sure you don't have a girlfriend Seunghyun?" a voluptuous girl bent forward seductively. "It's so hard to imagine!"

Murmurs of agreement went throughout the room and even Yang Hyun Suk nodded. Bom pouted and played with her rice, unhappy with the attention TOP was gaining with the girls.

TOP looked around uneasily. "I guess I haven't met anyone I'm interested in." he muttered. He glanced at Bom and saw her pouting cutely, and a smile threatened to break on his lips.

He picked out a piece of corn from his bowl and put it on hers. "You can have it." he offered.

Bom lit up immediately and swelled with pride as the other girls fumed at the special attention she was getting from him. She beamed brightly. "Thanks Seunghyun."

The other members were also having a good time. "You're such a nice boss Yang Sajangnim." Seungri flattered. "Unlike someone over here." he whispered, glancing to CL sitting beside him.

"EXCUSE ME?" CL glowered.

"Eep! See!!" Seungri squealed. "So scary!"

Youngbae laughed. He looked at Yang Hyun Suk with kind eyes. "But really, thank you for organizing this for us." he thanked. He looked around the room. "Where's Hyunwoo sshi?"

Yang Hyun Suk bit his lip. "Ah.. Hyunwoo doesn't like this sort of thing." he shrugged.

Minzy leaned over to Youngbae and whispered. "Deputy Yang never attends this sort of thing because he thinks everyone is beneath him. I even heard him say it's a waste of time when he can sack any of us any time."

Daesung overheard and made a face. "If he was a ruler he'd be Hitler or Kim Jong Il." he shuddered. "Scary.."

Chatter ceased as the doors slid opened and the beautiful waitresses dressed in kimonos came into the room. "Here is our specialty dish. Fresh sashimi served with our restaurant's secret sauce. It's found nowhere else!" she chirped.

All eyes fell on the large sashimi platter in the centre table. It was so colorful, with different array of seafoods that made a perfect picture.

"It's really good." Yang Hyun Suk told them. "The sauce especially. It's heavenly. Everyone, dig in." he gestured.

The employees nodded eagerly and reached for the sashimi. It looked so good it was a sin.

"Here Dara sshi!" one of Dara's Puppies offered her a piece that was generously dipped in the special sauce and put it on her plate.

Dara smiled. "Thank you Luhan."

Jiyong rolled his eyes at her puppy team and reached for a piece himself. He dipped the sauce carefully and brought it to his lips. Just as he was about to eat it, he caught a whiff of the deadly sauce.

His eyes snapped towards Dara who was already reaching for the piece of sashimi on her plate and like him, bringing it to .

Jiyong panicked and stood up abruptly, reaching over and knocking the chopsticks out of Dara's hands just as she opened to swallow.

Dara blinked in surprise and the piece of fish fell with a plop on the floor. "Ehh?"

"There's peanut in the sauce." Jiyong heaved a sigh of relief. "Damn it Dara. Don't you even remember your own allergies?" he scolded.

Now all eyes were on them as they took in the scene. Dara's puppy grew frantic and he bowed repeatedly. "Mianhae Dara sshi! I didn't know you were allergic to nuts!"

Dara shook her head. "You couldn't have known." she assured. "It's not your fault."

Jiyong settled back on his seat and sniffed the sauce. His undercover instincts gave him an acute sense of smell, and that's why he was able I detect the nutty flavor when no one else had.

"Next time you better check what you're eating Dara." Jiyong frowned. "You could have died."

Dara bit her lip. "Arraso. And thanks."

The 2NE1 girls and Big Bang boys looked at them curiously. "How did you know Dara was allergic to peanuts?" Youngbae asked.

"Yeah we only knew about it six months after we met." Bom added.

Jiyong twisted his lips. He glanced at Dara. "We were from the same High School." he mumbled.

"Oohhhh high school sweet hearts?" Yang Hyun Suk chuckled, making Dara's Puppy Team and Jiyong's fangirls slump in disappointment.

"Nope. Nothing like that. We were just friends." Dara assured. She smiled and continued eating and soon attention were diverted away from her.

Except CL's. The leader looked at her unnie suspiciously and back at Jiyong. *What the hell is between these two?*

CL narrowed her eyes at Jiyong. "Does Kwon Jiyong have anything to do with why Dara doesn't want to date now?*