Upset

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

"Hmm..." Daesung tapped his chin. "Which one of these people can it be?"

The Big Bang boys had gathered after work that day to review the list that Dara had provided for them. They crossed out a few during the day, since they had conversed with the individuals themselves and saw no harm.

There were around fifteen people in the directors meeting usually, and these fifteen people knew of the bidding amounts. The boys decided to start on the managers and head of departments first since they are mere employees. As compared to shareholders of the company, they have less reason to stay loyal to YG.

"Oh my. Chaerin is in the list as well?" Seungri read. His eyes scanned through the description Dara provided. "Chaerin is the last person that will betray YG. Don't even think about it."

He wrinkled his nose. "Ayyy hard to say you know!!" he made a face. Youngbae elbowed the maknae. "Just because you don't like how she's your superior, doesn't mean you can just say things like that." he chided. "We're finding a murderer here!"

"Arraso arraso. "Seungri pouted guiltily. "But we can't be too careful you know! Maybe she's the person leaking the bidding amounts and her accompliance does the killing instead." he made a haunted face.

Jiyong frowned and tapped his chin. "It's not that I don't trust the girls," he mumbled. "But it's better to get them out of the list first so that we don't have to report them to the Boss." he looked at the guys. "Check on the 2NE1 girls first and get them out of the list."

"Do we really have to?" TOP asked, panicking. How was he supposed to ask Bom on these things?

"Yes." Jiyong nodded. "I don't think Dara needs anymore asking because I would have sensed her fear when she first saw me in the company." he reasoned. "And Dara a murderer? Pffffftt. She's not likely to betray YG either. She's not like that."

"But the other girls aren't, either." Daesung pouted. "Can't we search on someone else instead?" his eyes fell on Yang Hyunwoo's picture. "How about him?"

Jiyong rolled his eyes. "Yang Hyunwoo doesn't really have any motive to kill Teddy either. Because he's a Yang, and they own the business. It doesn't make sense to ruin your own company." he told them.

He rolled his eyes at Daesung. "And besides you don't even need to question your beloved Minzy because she's not in the list. She's just an intern."

"Oh right!" Daesung brightened and grinned.

Jiyong looked at the boys. "Don't feel pressured. We are NOT suspecting the girls of being the betrayer of the company, much less the person who murdered Teddy." he told them. "We are trying to clear their names before anyone else's. Remember that."

 

 

"Chaerin ah. Do you have time for a coffee break, with me?" Seungri threw her a charming smile.

CL didn't bat an eyelid as she stared straight at him. "No." she replied flatly and turned back to her computer. Seungri pouted with a frown and paced around her.

How was he going to question her if she doesn't even want to talk to him?

He circled the office once and came back to her. "You sure you don't want coffee with me?" he asked again, grinning. CL shot him a glare. "I said no." she emphasized.

Seungri's face fell and he slumped. He went out again and back to his cubicle seat, staring at the keyboard. What to do what to do? It's so difficult when he's supposed to find things out from someone like her! She's the bane of all undercover agents! He huffed angrily.

He shook his head and patted his cheeks. He needed to do this.

With renewed vigor, Seungri marched towards the lounge and got two cups of coffee from the vending machine and carefully brought them to her office. He knocked on the door once and went in. "Annyeong Chaerin ah~" he greeted with his sleazy smile. "Since you don't want to go for coffee, I brought the coffee to you~"

CL looked at him with an incredulous expression and looked him up and down. "Are you sure you're okay, Seungri?" CL frowned. "I think you need to visit the doctor."

"I'm fine!" Seungri blurted. "I'm absolutely fine!" he assured. "No need to worry for me my dear."

CL made a disgusted expression. "Then if you're fine what the hell do you think you're doing?" she demanded. "I'm not going to be flattered of charmed unlike those senseless girls out there. You're not getting a lesser workload or a promotion with flattery." she warned.

"I'm not aiming for those!" Seungri assured. He plopped in the seat in front of her and grinned. "I just thought I should get to know you a little!" he announced. In fact, he was a little curious about the girl behind this fierce manager.

"How long have you been working at YG?" Seungri started smoothly.

"Two years." CL responded, her hands flying everywhere on the keyboard. Seungri nodded. Two years, before the strange bidding incidents occurred.

"Do you have any idea why we keep losing those bids?" Seungri asked, adding an appropriate pout. "It's puzzling isn't it?"

CL rolled her eyes. "Some bastard is giving the amount away, duh." she grumbled. "Teddy oppa used to investigate and I helped him a bit initially, but we never once found anything." she looked at him.

"Why are you interested in this anyway?" she questioned. "With your sly face if you had been high positioned enough to know the bidding amount, I'd have guessed the betrayer was you!"

Seungri made a face. "Meanie." He turned to go, but his mind was at ease. Of course it wasn't CL! He had forgotten how she looked like when she was biting back her tears at Teddy's funeral. They were such good friends! Why would she betray the company? Nonsense.

-----

Daesung and Taeyang took a deep breath while looking at each other. Since they didn't need to question Minzy, they decided to touch on Manager Jung instead, the guy who had an affair with his assistant.

"Hey Manager Jung." Daesung smiled cheerily as they went into the lift together.

Manager Jung smiled half-heartedly at them. "Yeah hello." he muttered. Daesung looked at Taeyang and they both nodded. If a guy could betray on his wife and two time with another younger girl, there's a possibility that he might betray the company as well.

"It's weird how we always lose the bids huh?" Youngbae made a realistic sigh. "It's such a waste."

Manager Jung nodded. "I worked so hard for that project too." he grumbled, relaxing by the minute since he had enough complaints on this one. "I'm going to kill whoever it is that's giving those numbers away. I spent a whole month working on that proposal, with extra hours every single day!" he grumbled. "My wife never even got to see enough of me then!"

"And you got to see your assistant instead?" Daesung blurted.

Manager Jung and Youngbae stilled. Youngbae shot Daesung a glare while Manager Jung looked highly awkward. "Uh yeah." he cleared his throat. "Yep I saw my assistant quite a lot. Oh look it's my floor, goodbye!" he slipped out of the lift in a blink of an eye.

"Are you an idiot?" Youngbae chided. "He wasn't supposed to know we knew about his affair!"

Daesung sulked. "He doesn't!" he made a face. "It was a very innocent comment!" Youngbae rolled his eyes. Daesung looked at his hyung. "Besides, I don't think it's Manager Jung. He seemed to be very honest about grumbling just now." he shrugged. "I mean he passed the look in the eye test didn't he? He didn't flinch when he talked about how hard he worked for the bid. I think he really did."

Youngbae nodded. "And it doesn't make sense for him to ruin his own good work either. So he's out." he concluded.

-----

TOP took deep breaths as he leaned against the wall. He was going to do this.

*This is your job, Choi Seunghyun.* TOP reminded himself. *Even if you're faced with the most gorgeous girl on the planet, the only girl that makes your heart race like nuts, you have to do this.*

He peeked out from behind the wall and saw Bom focused on filing the contract papers. His heart skipped a beat. "Damn. She's so pretty." he hissed.

He took three deep breaths and punched his fist in the air. "Fighting!" he whispered.

He straightened himself and put on his usual I'm-filming-a-perfume-ad expression and walked over to Bom. Bom noticed him even before he reached her and a genuine delighted smile lit her features. "Hey Seunghyun!" she beamed.

She saw the cups of coffee in his hand and took one from him. "Thanks! You know just what I need." she giggled. "I think I'm falling asleep just filing these boring old contracts." she pouted.

She looked at TOP and he shied away from her gaze again. Bom huffed. *Why does he always do that? Am I that ugly to look at?*

Twisting her lips, she spotted the two tickets on her desk. "Yang Sajangnim gave me extra tickets for the musical. Do you want to come with me?" she asked bravely, hoping for some reaction.

TOP opened his mouth to say yes, when he reminded himself he was an undercover agent. No love during work. No love after either. Because he was working 24/7, there's no such thing as after work.

He looked at her hopeful eyes and forced himself to say the words. "Are you the one who leaked the bid amounts?" he blurted.

Her eyes widened and so did his. *Damn! This wasn't how I phrased it in my mind!!!* TOP cursed himself. He looked at her, panicking. "Wait I didn't mean that, I mean..." he faltered, seeing the hurt in her eyes.

Tears gathered and she quickly wiped them away. She glared at him, hurt and shamed. "I can't believe you actually doubted me, Seunghyun." she whispered brokened. "I guess you're not the guy I thought you were after all."

She grabbed her bag and ran away.

TOP stared desperately and felt dread sink in his stomach. Just what had he done?