The Blunder

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

Dara wasn't sure why but Jiyong was even meaner to her than usual the next day.

He unexpectedly arrived for work punctually but he brought a fierce fatal expression with him as well. He slammed the door and didn't spare her a glance as he plopped down on his seat.

Dara frowned.

"Yah." Dara called unsurely, holding onto the files she wanted him to print.

"What?" Jiyong snapped crudely.

Dara jumped in surprise. Why was Jiyong so rude to her? Frowning, she held out the documents. "Photocopy twenty copies again." she told him. "Please." she added, unsure by his cold response.

Jiyong marched up to her and whipped the papers out of her hand rudely. He turned and stalked away immediately without even responding and leaving without a backward glance.

"Psssh what's up with him?" Dara murmured.

Jiyong stalked to the photocopying machine and turned the thing on smoothly. (No glitches there. A few days of being tortured by Dara taught him a lot.)

He swiftly placed the papers in and began the whole long and torturous process. He scowled at the machine, his anger at a new high. Talking to TOP the previous night made him realize how much he missed Sohee. His first love, his only love.

And all because of that stupid Sandara Park that he lost her. When he strode into the office that morning and saw Dara typing away at the computer, he promptly forgot his natural feeling of sympathy and unjust as he saw a girl work so hard for the company, but instead remembered her betrayal.

*.* he thought evilly. He glared at the papers and watched as they filed out of the machine, pouting at the same time.

"Ohhh look at him! He's so cute!" the female staff walking into the photocopying room spotted Jiyong pouting and crossing his arms as he glared at the machine. Why they thought his undercover agent type of glare was not in the least menacing, he had no idea. But he really didn't like how they followed him around.

"Jiyong sshi, do you need help?" one asked bravely while battling her eyelids. "We can help!" she offered enthusiastically while the other girls nodded behind her.

"No." Jiyong snapped. He turned to glare at the girls and it was then that they found how his intent glare was truly scary.

"Uhh...we'll be getting back to our work now." they quickly filed away.

Jiyong scowled and grabbed the papers. Darn it. Why must he think of Sohee? Now all he feels is anger.

 

 

Jiyong stalked back to their shared office with the pile of papers and realized that Dara wasn't the only one in it. Yang Hyunwoo had come for a visit and it wasn't difficult to tell that he came for Dara.

I mean, with that large bouquet of roses in his hands, he could hardly come for Jiyong can he?

Jiyong scowled as he walked into the office, frowning at Hyunwoo. He didn't like this guy, he didn't like how he kept pursuing Dara. He didn't like how he looked, nasty and sly unlike his brother Hyun Suk. He didn't like how he sounded either. Squeaky and dodgy.

"Deputy Yang." Jiyong greeted nonetheless since he knew he was supposed to play the part of an obedient employee.

Yang Hyunwoo seemed a little upset that Jiyong had returned, while Dara was quite obviously delighted. She didn't like how Hyunwoo would corner her and ask her out on a date and she had to think of reasons again and again.

He knew she was lying and she was running out of reasons and excuses as well. But he just doesn't get it and continues asking. Damn.

"Hello, Jiyong." Hyunwoo smiled fakely. "Now that you're here, why don't you convince Dara here to go to dinner with me tonight?" he asked.

He carried the flowers and sniffed them. "I don't get it Dara, you won't accept the flowers and you won't accept the dinner date. What would you accept from me?"

*Your departure.* Jiyong thought. He looked over at Dara and saw her squirming uncomfortably in her chair. "Uh.." she looked around for ideas. "I'm sorry Hyunwoo sshi, I really can't make it for the dinner date today."

"And why is that?" Hyunwoo demanded. "Dinner at your parent's place, your brother's birthday, your parent's wedding aniversary, clubbing with the girls, or even period cramps. Which one of these reasons is it going to be?"

Jiyong looked at Dara with newfound respect. She thought of so many excuses already? No wonder she was running out. But...*Period cramps?* Jiyong stifled a laugh. *What the hell?*

Dara panicked and looked over at Jiyong for help. At the same time, Yang Hyunwoo too looked over. "Tell her, Jiyong. She should give a man some credit for trying shouldn't she?"

Jiyong opened his mouth to tell Hyunwoo otherwise when he thought about how Dara betrayed him. He thought about how he's miserably single now all because Dara screwed his love life up. And he's mad. He's mad alright.

"Dara sshi," Jiyong smiled sweetly. Dara waited on tenderhooks, wanting to get out of this. "I think you should just give Deputy Yang a chance. He's right. Give a man some credit for trying right?" he smirked.

Dara's face was completely hilarious as she looked at her with the are-you-ing-kidding-me look. She whipped her head to look at Hyunwoo who was smiling smugly. "See? Even Jiyong agrees." he grinned.

"I'm sorry." Dara blurted. "I...I have a dental appointment tonight." she fibbed. "I'm sorry."

Jiyong raised his brows. Quick thinking there Sandara Park.

"Fine then." Hyunwoo relented, and Dara heaved a sigh of relief. He looked at her again and she held her breath. "How's work going on then?" he asked, and Dara relaxed again. Work she could handle. Personal matters, no.

"It's okay." Dara nodded. "I got the report for June going and I spotted several loopholes in the contracts so if you clarify with the other party, it's going to be alright."

Hyunwoo nodded, knowing he could trust Dara. "And the insurance claim?" he asked. "Have you filed it?"

Jiyong stiffened at that point. *!* He searched his table and dug down the pile of papers, finally finding the piece of insurance claim at the bottom. On his desk. In the office.

When it should have been in an envelope on the insurance agent's desk instead.

"DAMN IT!" Jiyong cursed out loud. "I haven't filed it!"

Both Dara and Hyunwoo snapped towards him in shock. "You haven't?" Hyunwoo demanded, while Dara's was a whisper. She looked at him in horror and realized how serious this was.

An insurance claim was really serious, especially when there are so many employees working for YG. With new projects sprouting here and there, while it was important that their projects move on quickly and efficiently, the safety of their employees were even more important.

This was a complete serious mistake. It was fatal, even for her.

And Jiyong was here for just a week, his place in her office still unsteady and unconfirmed. But his presence was duly needed, because he wasn't a plain employee. He was here to find out about Teddy's death.

Teddy needed avengence.

"Omo! I can't believe I forgot!" Dara sprouted.

Hyunwoo and Jiyong snapped their heads to look at her. Hyunwoo was frowning while Jiyong's expression was one of pure confusion. What in Yang Hyun Suk's name was Dara talking about?"

Dara stood up and bowed to Hyunwoo immediately. "Jwesonghabnida Hyunwoo sshi! I was too busy with the other projects that I forgot to give the claim to Jiyong." she blurted. "He was supposed to file it for me but I forgot to give it to him! I'm sorry!"

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" Hyunwoo boomed. "Is this how you're working now that Teddy Hyung isn't around? Well let me remind you that I'm here to take Teddy's place. I'm not going to let you guys slack off just because Hyung isn't around!"

Dara cringed. Even with Hyunwoo's infatuation with her, he was still fuming with anger. All because of this small but fatal mistake.

Jiyong looked out of the office and saw a whole crowd gathered outside as they watched Dara being scolded. Dara was known to be meticulous, to be completely committed in her work. She would NEVER in her life forget a detail as important as that, and she would NEVER have let it slip.

They didn't even think for once Dara would commit a mistake and now she's being scolded right in front of them. It was unexpected.

"Because you're the legal advisor here I'm going to let this go just this once, Dara." Hyunwoo growled. "Go and beg the agency or whatever, just make sure this insurance slip is still valid! I don't want to see a repeat of this!"

"Neh." Dara bowed, her hair covering her face.

Jiyong watched in utter confusion and guilt. He had done this, he had committed the mistake, but Dara was the one getting all the blame. Why was she doing this? For Teddy? For him?

*That babo.* Jiyong bit his lip as guilt gnawed his heart. *Babo babo babo!*