Overtime

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

"Oh man I hate it when it's coming to the end of the year." Bom complained. "There are so many things to do!"

TOP went over and massaged his girlfriend's shoulders. "Is it always this busy when it's the end of the year?" he asked, not knowing.

Bom shot him a look. "Of course!"

Daesung shrugged while Youngbae yawned, trying to keep awake with the numerous tasks they had to do. "Can't blame us. We weren't stuck in this sort of 9 to 5 type of job before."

Even the maknae Minzy looked a little stressed out with all the things that had to be done with the end of the year nearing. It was always like that every quarter of the year since the economic reports would always report things in a three month basis.

However, the last quarter would usually be the most taxing because there were accounts to be summed up, graphs to be drawn, assumptions and analysis to be conducted. And they had to take into consideration the whole year's performance instead of just the last three months of the year, so there were a lot more reports to be done.

"Well you shouldn't complain Bom." CL shrugged her shoulders to relieve of the stiffness. "Dara is always the busiest out of us when it's this time of the year."

True to her words, the person they were talking about was just typing away madly at the computer as the others were grabbing a break. There were so many things to do for Dara since she held a higher position than the rest, which meant greater responsibility.

It was the pile of work that she had to do that managed to take her mind off the kiss Jiyong had given her the previous night. She knew it was for show, for the spies, for Yang Hyunwoo to see. But she couldn't help thinking about it nevertheless and turned restlessly in her bed throughout the night.

Jiyong felt her anxiety and too rushed through the piles of work to be done, following in her wake.

He watched from the corner of his eye as the tiny girl flipped through files after files, opening five at the same time and referencing through all the sources. She looked frail and tired out, not how he liked to see she looked like.

"Dara, take a break." Jiyong advised. "You aren't going to last for long if you continue charging ahead like this." he frowned lightly.

Dara didn't even bother to look at him as she responded. "But I can't. There are so many things to do and the reports have to be handed up by tomorrow morning for the board of directors meeting." she mumbled as she typed away. "There's no time or we'll have to stay overtime."

Jiyong looked at the pile of work and raised a brow at her. "I figured even if you charged at full speed, you won't be able to finish by the end of the day." he commented. "Working overtime today seems like a definite answer instead of something you can avoid."

Dara spared enough time to make a face at him. "If you're so free why don't you grab me a cup of tea you?" she pouted.

Jiyong chuckled. "Arraso arraso." he gave her a pointed look. "And while I'm gone I want you to close your eyes for a bit to rest okay?" he commanded. "When I come back I want to see your eyes still closed."

Frowning, Dara stared at him. "But-"

"Close." Jiyong narrowed his eyes at her.

Dara sighed and relented. She closed the file she was looking at and leaned against her chair, closing her eyes. Jiyong grinned. "That's better."

He went out to get them both tea and some energy bars since he knew she had been lying about eating breakfast that morning. He walked past the other departments and saw that everyone was working their butts off since the end of the year meeting was to be conducted the next day.

But it wasn't difficult to see that out of them, Dara had the most work and was working the hardest. He was impressed with her capability but some parts of him just didn't like how she had to strive so hard and overwork herself. It just didn't click with him well, seeing her like this.

He peered in from outside their office room and saw that Dara had already opened her eyes and was typing madly away at the keyboard. He stifled a chuckle. "I knew that stubborn girl wouldn't do as I say." he murmured.

 

 

Jiyong was right. They had to work overtime.

Even with rushing through all the hours of the day, it was wholly impossible to finish what they had to do by the end of the day. Overtime seemed to be the only possible ending they had.

Jiyong stretched for a bit, his eyes getting a little drowsy from staring at the computer all day. "Man, this job is tougher than I thought." he muttered.

Dara looked up from her computer with a small amused smile. "And you think catching thieves and robbers, solving cases and fighting is much easier?" she giggled.

Jiyong laughed. "Yes. In fact it's pretty much easier." he admitted. "All you have to do is have a handsome face like mine and you'll score as an undercover agent. No sweat." he grinned.

"Ego!" Dara scoffed and threw a pen over at him. Jiyong caught it without flinching and twirled it round his fingers. He glanced at the time and noted that it was already two hours past the time they were supposed to get off work. The other members had messaged him that they were done with their parts an hour ago and had gone off.

"Should we go for dinner?" Jiyong asked. "It's already seven."

Dara's eyes widened. "It is?" she wrinkled her nose and sighed. "You go then. There's so much to do!" she complained but her fingers never stopped typing the year end reports.

"Dara." Jiyong said warningly. "You can't not eat you know." he frowned. He got out his phone and dialled. "Since you're so against wasting time I'll call Chinese takeout for us. Good?"

"Awesome!" Dara clapped. "Remember to ask for extra dimsum I looooooove dimsum!" she exclaimed.

Jiyong chuckled amusedly. Only someone like her would have so much energy even after a whole day of work. He called for the take out and resumed typing at his computer. He wanted to lift more burden from Dara's shoulders as well, since he was acting as her assistant.

The takeout came an hour later because there had been an influx of orders at the eatery. Jiyong paid for it and looked over at Dara who hadn't looked up from her computer even as the takeout arrived.

"Dara the food's here." Jiyong went over to her and set hers on her table. He opened it up for her and put the chopsticks in her hands. "Eat."

"Hmm.." Dara put down the chopsticks absent-mindedly and flipped through another file. Jiyong sighed in defeat and grabbed his chair, plopping it down next to hers. He got his pack of rice too and set it on the table.

"Open up." he commanded, scooping a spoonful of rice and putting it at . Dara opened obediently and Jiyong fed her the rice. Dara chewed and swallowed, but Jiyong suspected that she didn't even know what she was doing.

He ate a little himself, and continued to feed her while she worked. Dara didn't know a single thing or she would have freaked out knowing what he was doing. But Jiyong enjoyed it. He rather liked feeding her, a strange satisfying feeling when he saw her gobbling up the food.

How could anyone look so adorable while eating?

He fed her to the last mouth and wiped the pieces of rice from the corner of . All the while, she had been studying the documents seriously with her brows furrowed together, not knowing a single thing.

Jiyong chuckled amusedly. *Babo.* He got another cup of tea and put it in her hands. "Drink it." Dara murmured something which was supposed to be an assent, and sipped her tea.

Satisfied, Jiyong went back to his seat and continued with the job.

-----

At sometime around 1am in the morning, Jiyong finally finished his own stack of work. He looked over at Dara and saw that she was still typing madly at the computer with that serious but cute expression of hers.

"Are you nearly done?" Jiyong asked.

Dara nodded. "Another ten pages or so." she muttered.

Jiyong frowned. *Ten pages?!* He wondered how it was humane to even put so much work on someone. "How did you manage before I came?" he asked curiously. "I mean,  you didn't have an assistant. Don't tell me you did all that work yourself!"

Dara looked up and smiled tiredly. "I did." she admitted. "But thanks to you now it's just one night of over time. I had to work three nights in the past." she shrugged.

To say he was unpleased was an understatement. He very nearly wanted to command Dara to quit her job, then remembered how he wasn't actually her boyfriend but just an acting one.

He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "You shoo." he chased her away from her seat. "I'll handle the last ten pages. You take a break or something."

"But-" Dara bit her lip hesitantly.

"I can do this okay?" Jiyong pushed her forehead and led her to his table. "Sit here and wait for me. When I'm done I'll send you home."

Dara nodded and plopped into his seat, stretching. "Thanks Jiyong." she smiled.

Jiyong chuckled and went over to continue where she went off. He read a little of Dara's report and was impressed how detailed she was. He typed away and finished her conclusion according to the notes she made at the bottom, determined to do things right for her.

He finally finished it a while later and yawned. "Dara I'm don-" he faltered.

He looked over and saw that Dara had already fallen asleep, curling up in his chair. It was a position he could never have accomplished but she could because she was so small.

Jiyong softened and walked over to her, brushing the stray strands of hairs from her face. He watched her for a while, thoroughly enjoying how she looked like sleeping.

So this was how an angel looked like while she slept.

She looked so peaceful, so adorable, so endearing. Her chest rose and fell in slow steady patterns as she continued sleeping soundly, and she snuggled against the chair closer.

Jiyong found himself reaching out to caress her cheek gently, unable to look away.

He should very well be waking her up. He should very well be sending her home. He should very well be eager to get home as well since he was equally tired.

But instead Jiyong leaned forwards and pressed his lips against her forehead. "Sweet dreams Ssantoki." he whispered.