Another loss

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

The employees of YG were really tensed two days later.

They gathered early in the morning in the largest conference room of the building and waited impatiently for 10am to come. People could be seen pacing around, but the one who looked the most tensed was no doubt Yang Hyun Suk as he stared at the screen blankly.

YG had been working really hard for a particular multi-million proposal for months. They had to come up with a marvellously flawless plan that would wow the judges, allowing them to get into the bidding round.

The employees had worked really hard and they really hoped that something would come out of their hard work. They had gotten into the final bidding round, and the only thing between YG and getting the project in their hands was the bids.

This wouldn't have come as a problem if it had been a year or two ago, because YG had a lot of funds and the financial managers like CL had a good gage of the financial capacity of other bidders, that allowed them to win the bids with only a need to pay a little more than others.

However, in the past few months, YG had been losing bid after bid for projects. It was frustrating. And now the employees were really anxious to know the result because this was one big project. If they lost this, it's a big blow.

Jiyong didn't really understand why the others were looking anxious and pale while they waited for 10am, for the results to be released through live streaming.

He sat beside Dara and the rest of the Big Bang and 2NE1 members as they waited with the others. "Why is everyone so tensed?" He asked Dara, frowning lightly. "I thought YG's really successful. It's not going to be difficult to win the bid from the other lower bidders."

Dara nodded. "Yes we are the strongest company out of the bidders." she told him. She looked around to make sure no one was listening and leaned over to whisper. "But for the past few projects we have bidded on, we always lost to Genie International."

"Genie International?" Jiyong echoed, the frown getting deeper. He never heard of this firm before. It's not even listed like YG was.

"Yeah." Dara nodded. "It's a budding firm and we have no idea where they get their funds from." she bit her lip. "But they always managed to win the bid from us."

"That's strange." Jiyong muttered. "Once or twice it's okay, but always? That's a little strange, not too coincidental." he commented critically.

Dara looked around again. Her voice dropped even lower and softer. "That's why there are rumors going around that there's someone leaking the information to Genie International." she whispered. "But no one knows for sure." she shrugged.

Jiyong frowned. He looked around at the tons of pale and worrying faces and finally saw the reason. Because if this was true, even if YG had worked so hard for the proposal, even if they had channeled a large amounts of funds, it would be futile because Genie International would always get the bid.

"Do you think someone may be leaking the company's bid amounts?" Jiyong asked, wanting to know what she felt. To be completely honest, Dara's instincts were very often accurate. And hence she had made such a good lawyer in the first place.

Dara her lips nervously. "Don't tell anyone." she whispered. "But I think there might have been a high chance of that happening. We got the figures, and the winning bid amount is usually just a tiny bit higher than our amount. If not for Genie International, we would always have won. No matter how high we raise the bid, Genie International would seem to know, and just bid a tiny bit above our price." she sighed. "It's too much of a coincidence."

Jiyong nodded, his sentiments exactly.

The room quietened down as the projector lit the screen. The employees settled down in their seats while Yang Hyun Suk visibly straightened. Yang Hyunwoo arrived at the last minute, his face of pure ease and not looking like he bothered about the darn thing at all.

A man was seen on the screen with a mike. He smiled formally at the camera. "Annyeonghaseyo. Thank you for tuning in on time." he bowed. "This is the release of the results of the Sang Cheon project bid."

A lady walked up to him with a sealed envelope. He took it and nodded at the camera. "We have gotten the results of the highest bidder. The winner for this project, please contact us immediately and we will run the terms once more before signing the contract. This will no doubt reap staggering profits and we hope to have a fine cooperation."

He reached for the envelop and tore it open. The whole conference room held their breaths.

The man read the paper and turned it over to the camera. "The bidder who won this project is Genie International. Congratulations!" there were claps heard from the camera, but the atmostphere in the YG conference room was quite the opposite.

Yang Hyun Suk frowned and slumped. This was impossible. Another bid lost? Now he's seriously considering the possibility that someone might have leaked their amounts to Genie International. It's impossible for them to keep winning the bids.

But what was he going to do now? If they keep losing the bids and projects, YG will be jobless and there's a high possibility that the company might just fail.

With a sigh, Yang Hyun Suk stood up to face the sea of disappointed employees. "I'm sorry to hear we lost again." he addressed them. "But good work everyone. We'll work harder for the next project."

The employees clapped, encouraging others and themselves as they filed out of the room to their respective offices and departments. Minzy sighed and pouted. "Aish. It has happened again." she wrinkled her nose. "We spent so much time on that proposal too. And now it has gone to waste."

The girls and boys went back to their offices and Jiyong and Dara went back to theirs.

Dara noted that Jiyong was exceptionally quiet all along the way, not that he was usually really talkative, but he didn't give that air of mystery and deep thought as he did now.

They walked past a whole department of low spirited workers, including Dara's Puppy Team who normally bounced up to greet her, but just smiled weakly today.

They entered the office and Jiyong closed the door behind them. Dara knew Jiyong was thinking. He always looked like that when he did, the same face she grew accustomed to four years ago.

"Is something wrong?" Dara asked, frowning.

Jiyong shook his head quickly. He sat down at the desk and stared at the computer screen, not making a move to do anything.

"Who are the ones who know how much YG bidded for the projects?" Jiyong suddenly blurted.

Dara blinked at him. "Huh?"

Jiyong turned to look at her, his face completely serious. "I mean, the amount that YG bids for each project is highly confidential." he muttered. "Only the high positioned officers can know the exact amount. Who are the ones who know?"

"Quite a number." Dara nodded. "I can give you the list if you like. But there's of course Yang Sajangnim himself, Deputy Yang, me, Chaerin, Bom, and other head of departments. Why?" she looked at him curiously.

Jiyong shook his head again. "Nothing." He looked at her. "And Teddy? He knew the amount as well?"

Dara nodded. "Teddy oppa was one who was really strict about the confidential part of these things." she recalled. "When we started losing the bids from around a year ago, Teddy oppa was the first one who thought there might be someone betraying the company."

"Did he conduct searches or anything?" Jiyong asked.

"Yeah." Dara confirmed his doubts. "He did. He never told us what he did to check, but he did go around the list of heads to confirm their loyalty to YG."

She tapped her chin. "If I remember correctly, the day that Teddy oppa was murdered, that afternoon I bumped into him before going to Yang Sajangnim's office." she recalled. "He looked out of sorts because we just lost another bid, and he was really different from his usual cheery self."

Her eyes widened and she looked at him. "Do you think...?" she gasped in surprise.

Jiyong nodded. He frowned at the computer screen, not reading anything. "There's a high possibility that the murderer might very well be the betrayer who leaked our bid amounts." he analysed. "And since Teddy had been so involved in uncovering the mystery of this, he might have found something. Perhaps he really did, on the day he died." he looked at her.

"And that someone found out that Teddy oppa knew." Dara whispered in horror.

Jiyong met her eyes. "And killed him off." he finished. He swallowed. Even as an undercover agent and always having to see dead bodies and such, he never really grew accustomed to it. He always felt that for one to become accustomed to such things would make someone really cold blooded.

There was a fine line between courage for such matters, and cold blooded-ness.

"I'll give you a list of the people who knew about the bid amounts." Dara offered. "I'll draw it up by tomorrow." she promised.

Jiyong saw the eagerness in her eyes and damped her fire a bit. "Don't get too excited, you don't know if this route we're taking is the right one or not." he reminded. "And besides the list I don't want you to get anymore involved." he reminded.

Dara pouted. "Fine." she blew a raspberry.

Jiyong turned to his computer, satisfied with her somewhat reluctant agreement. He didn't know if the murderer was indeed one of those people who knew the bid amounts, or if one of these people would always accidentally let leak the amounts to someone else who would tell it to Genie International.

In any case, it was horrifying. Jiyong shook his head. *If it's true, it's so cold blooded. To kill someone because of gains? That guy must be the spawn of devil himself.*