Love for Agents

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

The 2NE1 girls bade farewell to the Big Bang boys at the end of dinner. Bom glanced at TOP and met eyes with him since he had been looking at her.

He quickly looked away and focused on one of the shops even though he wasn't really looking. Bom's face fell and she sighed sadly. "Let's go girls." CL nudged Bom. CL smiled at the Big Bang boys. "Thanks for the meal, you really didn't have to pay for our share as well."

"It's okay." Youngbae said in a gentlemanly manner. "We're the guys. It's natural."

Jiyong scowled at Dara and made a face. "I don't mind paying if some pig wasn't here." he muttered. "Did you see how much she ate? I think she's a boy in disguise!"

Dara shot him a glare and made a face. "Whatever. Report for work on time you retard." she scoffed.

The girls bade goodbye to the boys and drove off. The Big Bang boys walked back to their own cars, each popping into their expensive models which any guy in Seoul would die to have.

TOP looked back at where Bom went and sighed for a bit. Jiyong caught his look and frowned. He watched as Youngbae, Seungri and Daesung got into their own cars and drove off.

TOP walked to his own car and opened the door, when a hand on his shoulder stopped him. Jiyong looked at TOP seriously. "Hyung. We need to talk."

 

 

The duo went to a nearby pub for a drink while they talked. The music was blasting and there were a lot of people inside even for the small space.

The two of them went to the bar and settled themselves at a corner, away from the girls, away from attention. They didn't want y girls sauntering over and demanding their attention when they weren't interested.

TOP gulped his drink and stared at the floor. Jiyong sighed. "You know what I'm going to talk about don't you, hyung?" he asked.

TOP nodded. He drank his drink again, this time finishing the entire cup in one go. He stared into space and let out a heavy sigh. "I know."

Jiyong nodded and sipped on his own. "Do you like her a lot?" Jiyong questioned. "Bom?"

TOP his lips and pondered for a bit. He frowned and thought seriously about Jiyong's question. "To be honest..." TOP started, his voice lower than usual. "I think so." he nodded.

"I mean," TOP looked over to Jiyong. "We always go to clubs and all that right? There are lots of gorgeous girls and they come to ask for our number, buy us drinks.. But you and I, we haven't responded to them even though our dongsaengs do."

Jiyong nodded. Whenever the five of them went to clubs, Jiyong and TOP would return home alone while the other three had girls in their arms.

"But your reason is different from mine." TOP looked at Jiyong. "You don't want the girls because you can't forget her. I don't want the girls because I'm just plainly not interested."

TOP had tried explaining this to the other three members of Big Bang before but they just didn't seem to understand. They were shouting at him to wake up. Why would someone turn away from gorgeous girls and a chance to get laid?

Besides Jiyong, whom they might add, was just a incorrigible romantic that deserved to live 300 years ago.

"And you're interested in Bom?" Jiyong proded gently.

TOP nodded. "You saw how I tried to hit on her the first time in the club. If you and Dara hadn't quarrelled right in front of us I think I might have gotten her number or bought her a drink." he confessed. "And just when I thought I wouldn't see her again, she turns out to be working in YG and I'm working under her."

TOP turned to look at Jiyong. "I don't really know if I like like her or not, but I'm sure I like her. Does that make sense?" he frowned.

Jiyong nodded and patted his hyung's shoulder. "It does." Jiyong let out a sigh and raised his cups to his lips but not drinking. "But you understand how we can't right?"

"Yeah." TOP nodded. "I do." he lowered his gaze sadly.

Jiyong couldn't bare to see his hyung so sad. It was the first time he had seen TOP actually interested in a girl for once and he should be happy for his hyung.

But at the same time, he knew better. Rather than let his hyung be happy for now and cry harder later, why don't he try to spare his hyung from all the suffering afterwards?

"We are undercovers for a reason, hyung." Jiyong murmured. "We uphold justice. We risk everything to bring good to people. That's what we do. That's our dream."

Jiyong could see TOP's eyes change as he listened. They were all in for the same goal, the same passion. They understood each other perfectly.

"And this dream of ours comes with a really big risk, and you and I know that from the beginning." Jiyong reminded. "And not only risks but sacrifice. There are things we can't do because of our job."

Jiyong turned to look at TOP. "And falling in love so easily is one of them." he said gently but firmly. "In the basic requirements of a relationship, time is of the essence. You need to spend time with each other, so that you can fall in love with each other more and more and find out more about the one you love."

"But we're spending time aren't we?" TOP blurted. "We are working in YG and she is too. We meet everyday in the office." he protested.

Jiyong gave his hyung a look. "Yes but what happens next?" he asked rhetorically. "When this mission is over and you move on to the next, you'll have to move on the next one and the next. You will need to acquire a new identity in another place and what happens next?"

He sighed. "Bom will be left here while you go." He said seriously. "And even if you try to make time for her, it's going to be hard. And that's not all of it."

"Us undercover agents face a lot of dangers all the time. It's easier when we don't have ties here and there," Jiyong told him. "And if anything happens to us, no one will cry. What will happen if something happens to us on a mission, hyung? What will happen to Bom? Worse, one of the post convicts decides to come for us instead and then, Bom will become your archilles' heel. What happens if they use her to get to you instead? Can you bear for that to happen?"

TOP winced. No. He can't.

He downed his shot and sighed. "I guess we can only be friends then." he muttered. Jiyong patted his hyung's shoulder and smiled sadly. "It'll get better, hyung."

The two of them continued drinking in silence, thinking of their own problems.

Jiyong thought of his own. He knew the importance of time in a relationship. One may say that even if they meet once a week for two hours at a time, they will continue to be as deeply in love as they are now.

But it's bull. How are you going to maintain the feelings and the love if you don't see each other?

Jiyong knows that perfectly well. That's why he broke up with her in the first place. Because he had to go to the army for two years. He could feel them drifting apart, but he thought he would make it up to her when he left the army.

Jiyong clenched the cup in his hands. "ing Dara." he hissed under his breath.

But Dara made them break up. She was the one who told her to break up with him, and that was why Jiyong lost the love of his life.

Jiyong downed the shot and cringed.

He wasn't going to look for another girl. He can't. As an undercover agent he can't afford that, especially if he really falls for the girl. But he knows he won't fall for any girl that easily. There's only one in his heart.

"Sohee..." he whispered miserably.