Promise

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

"Boss, eotteohke?" Jiyong asked, taking a deep breath after explaining the whole situation to the Boss.

There came few seconds of hesitation on the Boss's side until he asked Jiyong. "Do you think this Dara person can be trusted?"

"ABSOLUTELY NOT!" Jiyong snapped cockily.

"Are you sure she's not trustworthy or is it because you have something against her?" The Boss asked.

"She's not trustworthy okay!" Jiyong frowned. "She betrayed me in the past. When we were in highschool. She's one big fat liar and a good actress as well!" he huffed.

"Well then we need someone like that on our side don't we?" The Boss answered coolly. "Get her to talk to me if anything crops up but other wise, I take it that you have to convince her to keep herself mum about your real identities. Tell her about the case if necessary. Convince her not to tell anyone about your real identities. Unless she is the murderer, there is no harm if she knows about you guys if she doesn't tell anyone about it."

Jiyong pouted.

"So? You think she's the murderer?" The Boss questioned.

Jiyong wrinkled his nose and made a face. "No." he admitted. He never imagined Dara would betray him in the past, but there was no way she'd be a murderer. It was an insane thought.

"So? What's the problem?" The Boss asked.

"Nothing. I'll see to it Boss." Jiyong sighed and hung up.

He turned to the guys who looked at him with curious expressions. "So what did Boss say?" the other members asked curiously.

Jiyong sighed. "We have to let Dara into our mission." he grumbled. He grabbed his hair, not even bothering how he was messing it up. "ARGH I CAN'T BELIEVE I STILL HAVE TO FACE DARA AFTER WE COME BACK!!! WHY WHY WHY!!!!"

 

 

"Where is that guy?" Dara frowned. She had loads to do and she wanted her assisstant to arrive as soon as possible to help her with it. She called Manager Kim two hours ago and that guy should have reported to her then.

Where was he?

"Must be some rebel that doesn't take his work seriously." Dara muttered. She scanned through the contracts that President Yang passed to her and checked if there were any fine prints that were harmful to the company's well being.

She glanced at the clock and frowned. It was already past two and she hasn't even had a chance to go out for lunch yet. THe 2NE1 girls called her out to go but she had been in an overseas telephone meeting and couldn't get away. Now she's starving and she can't afford the time to go off for food because there was too much to do.

She huffed and pouted at the stacks of paper. "Where is that assistant of mine!" she retorted. "He should be here to help me shouldn't he?"

Dara reached for her intercomm and was about to call Manager Kim about this new employee, when someone knocked on the door of her office. "Come in." she put down the intercomm.

"Dara sshi! I think I found your assistant!" One of Dara's puppies called Xiumin came in with a bright smile as he pulled a guy behind him. Dara stood up with a smile, ready to welcome her well needed assistant when...

"Kwon Jiyong?" she gasped in surprise.

Jiyong stiffened and didn't dare meet her eyes. "Why are you here?" Dara asked, frowning deeply. "I thought you told me that you were working as-"

"Hi Dara!" Jiyong cut in. "Surprised huh?" he smiled sweetly. He turned to Dara's puppy and smiled. "Thank you for showing me in Xiumin." he pushed the guy out of the door and shut it.

When he turned to face Dara, his expression changed drastically. His eyes were cold and his jaw locked. "Sandara Park." he hissed.

Dara frowned and looked at him in utter confusion. "What are you doing here?" she demanded. "I thought we weren't supposed to see each other again? And what's he saying about you being my assistant?"

Jiyong sighed and paced around the room. "I'm not exactly...working here." he managed. "I mean I am, but I'm not."

Dara blinked.

"Okay what I'm saying is," Jiyong sighed and raked his fingers through his hair. "I didn't become a police man. I became an undercover agent."

"Isn't one of those dangerous?" Dara asked, frowning.

Jiyong blinked at the concern in her voice but when he looked at her, her face resumed it's coldness. "Not really if you know what you're doing." Jiyong explained. "Me and my team mates, Big Bang, you know the other guys at the club the other time?"

Dara nodded.

"Yeah. They've taken up jobs here in YG as well." Jiyong looked at her. "We are on a mission."

Gulping, Dara looked back. "What mission?"

"Teddy." Jiyong told her. Dara frowned. "But didn't Teddy commit suicide?" she asked, confused. At this point, Jiyong too noticed the red puffy eyes of hers and realized she had been affected by Teddy's death as well. This Teddy must have been a wonderful person. That made him more determined to want to solve this mystery.

"No." Jiyong shook his head. "He didn't die of impact. He died of suffocation." Jiyong told her. "And we suspect the murderer is someone in this company. That's why we have come here to figure it out."

Dara nodded and she paced around. "Someone in the company?" she mumbled to herself. "That's inconceivable." she whispered. "Why would anyone want to kill Teddy oppa? He's such a nice person."

"That's what we're trying to find out." Jiyong nodded. He looked at Dara determinedly. "But I didn't expect you to be working here. I wouldn't have told you that I'm working for the police if I knew this would happen." he frowned. "But now that you know I'm not here as a normal employee, I want your word that you will not tell this to anyone. I'm serious."

Dara nodded and looked at him. "I have enough sense, Kwon Jiyong." she retorted. "Of course I wouldn't tell anyone. I want Teddy's death to be avenged as well."

Jiyong snorted. "How would I know?" he looked at her up and down. "As far as I see it you're still the one who betrayed me four years back!"

Dara winced. She took a deep breath and went back to sit down at her desk, her face solemn. Jiyong blinked and wondered if he said anything wrong. But she did betray him, it was a fact that everyone then knew.

Dara crossed her legs and shuffled her papers, sorting them out. She closed her eyes for a bit and then opened them to look at her.

"So I understand that I'm not supposed to tell anyone about what happened right?" Dara asked. "And I'm supposed to treat you as a normal employee working here in YG right?"

Jiyong nodded. "Yeah." he blinked.

"Okay." Dara clicked her tongue. "Jiyong sshi please get me fifty copies of these papers and get me a sushi set from the cafeteria downstairs as well."

Jiyong stared at her.

She raised her brows at him. "What are you waiting for? Now!" she snapped.

Jiyong wrinkled his nose and snatched the stack of papers from Dara. "AISH!!!"