Why did you do that?

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

Dara looked at herself in the mirror for the nth time. She smoothed her skirt and smiled at her reflection in the mirror, liking what she saw.

She had bought a new dress for the occasion, a black simple dress that was elegant yet young at the same time. She had spent a little more effort than usual putting her makeup, making sure to use waterproof mascara instead of her usual kind.

She curled her hair delicately, paired the look up with a pair of shiny purple pumps. She grabbed her bag and beamed at herself. "You look good enough to meet Romeo." Dara muttered to herself.

She glanced at the time and gave a yelp. "Eek! Running late running late!" she mumbled and ran out of the house. Dara got into her car and drove quickly to the Seoul Arts Theatre.

-----

She reached the place rather quickly since she had been taking over the other cars and speeding when she though there weren't any traffic officers.

She was wildly excited for this. She loved the classic Shakespeare play since she was young, despite the melancholic and overwhelming sadness.

Romeo and Juliet had always been one of her favorites. Perhaps she would admit watching the young Leonardo Dicarprio even before he acted in Titanic, attempting this legendary story of a pair of star crossed lovers may have just made her more in love with the story.

But she truly liked the plot, despite it being really sadistic. I mean, couldn't Juliet have woken up a little earlier before Romeo took the poison? Or maybe at least informed him of her little act and not let him die of depression, like literally.

Whatever the case, she liked it. She would watch the film over and over again, crying bucket of tears. But what she always wanted was to watch this Shakespearean legend in the theaters, in it's original form as a play.

Dara had rushed to buy the tickets when she found out that one of the best groups in the shakespearean realm had finally come to Seoul for a performance. She treated this as an really important occasion and wanted to look her best for it, even though no one would be looking.

She held on to her ticket and rushed into the hall of bustling people that were like her dressed up for the occasion. She was about to entre the theater when she bumped into someone. Her ticket flew to the ground and she gasped, trying to make a grab for it. The stranger bent down with his swift reflexes and got it.

"Here you go..." he blinked in surprise. "Dara?"

Dara's eyes widened as she looked the guy in front of her up and down. "What are you doing here?" she looked at him in surprise. He was dressed in a tux, looking more formal (and handsome) than ever. Jiyong handed her her ticket back after glancing at it. "The same reason as you." he shrugged. "For the play."

Memories of the past resurfaced. They had always loved Romeo and Juliet, even though Dara often laughed at Jiyong for liking something as romantic as this. He and her had always talked about the plays and the storylines with great passion. She just didn't expect that he'd continue his interest in it after so long.

And it seems he was surprised too. "I didn't expect that you'll still like this." Jiyong admitted as they walked into the theater, letting the sea of people wash them wherever. He raised his brows at her. "Still going to cry?"

Dara grinned goofily and held out five packets of tissues. "I came ready."

 

 

Three and a half hours later found Dara and Jiyong seated in a cafe near the Arts Theater having a late night chat. The steaming cups of coffee had now turned cold as they talked and they had long forgotten about it.

Dara's eyes were puffy and her prediction was indeed true. She did cry. A lot. Even more than she had in ages, perhaps because she never had much time to watch the film anymore with the firm being so busy all the time.

Dara dabbed her eyes and sniffled. "That was amazing." she mumbled, touched. "The play is so much better than the film." she told Jiyong. "Except I don't exactly know what they were talking about for sometimes when they used those profound english words that aren't used today."

Jiyong nodded and leaned back against the cushiony chair. They had chosen a seat away from the crowd, a small cubicle like thing with red cushiony seats that surrounded three of the walls and left them in a sort of private room to themselves. It was perfect.

"I particularly liked Juliet." Jiyong commented. "She potrayed the image of a teenage love smitten girl really well."

Dara snorted and gave him a look. "You like her because of the bed scene don't you?" she made a face. "I applause her courage for getting almost up on stage."

Jiyong raised his brows at her. "You saw that? I thought you were covering you face behind your hands all the time when it was the bed scene." he grinned teasingly.

"Hey!" Dara slapped his arm playfully. "I didn't!" she declared. He gave her a look. "Okay maybe I did." Dara admitted, pouting. "But I did see a little." she pinked.

"So you liked that Romeo's abs." Jiyong looked at her, horrified.

"I did not!" Dara protested, reddening even more. Jiyong laughed heartily as Dara tried to slap his arm and do some harm to him, when she couldn't even get him to bruise to save her life.

Dara finally settled back after laughing for too much and took a deep breath. She reached for her coffee and gripped the cup. "But the play was good. It was even better than the film." she admitted. "Never thought I'd say this, but better than Leonardo Dicaprio." she grinned.

Jiyong smiled. "Yeah. It was better than Clare Danes." he grinned. He too settled back and leaned heavily against the couch, completely relaxed. "It's nice, coming out to relax like this."

Dara looked at him curiously. "Didn't you relax some time?" she asked. "When you were doing undercover in the states and all.. you didn't take time off once in a while?"

Jiyong shook his head. "Never. The work was mad and there were things to do everyday. Teddy's case is not too bad, but when we were in the states, the bad guys were tracking us all the time and we couldn't even be ourselves for one minute."

He looked at her. "The guy I was supposed to potray was called Park Jiwoo and he really liked opera." he dulled.

Dara burst into giggles. "Opera?" she squealed. "But you hate opera!" she laughed heartily.

"Exactly." Jiyong muttered a little crossly. "I freaking hate opera because it's usually in those foreign languages that I don't know a single word about, and the high notes are just freaking irritating I thought my ears would just detach themselves and run away from me."

Dara laughed again.

"And it's even worse because I had to appear harmless to them." Jiyong grimaced. "And I was to look like a artsy type of person who loved opera, so I visited the theaters every single night." he squeezed his eyes closed at the memory. "It was horrifying."

"But it's better now." Jiyong looked at her. "At least I can be myself Kwon Jiyong while working in YG." he shrugged. "We just need to investigate Teddy's case, no need for fake identities against the baddies."

Dara nodded in understanding. She didn't know he went through so many things before. She looked at him and took in his laughing eyes, his easy relaxed pose.

This was the Kwon Jiyong she knew from four years ago. The Kwon Jiyong that never looked tensed, that looked in control of everything. That looked confident all the time and not to mention breath-takingly good looking.

She sighed softly. "Well now that you're back to being Kwon Jiyong, you can go on those pool side parties with hot babes you always used to go." she smiled easily.

Jiyong stilled for a bit. "I didn't like to go to those." he admitted in a low voice a while later. "Sohee was the one who pulled me along."

Dara froze.

The atmosphere immediately changed from the friendliest yet since he returned, till a tensed awkward silence. Dara stared at her full cup of coffee, not at all wanting to drink it now.

She felt his gaze on her and shifted uncomfortably. "I think I'll get going now it's la-"

"Why did you do it?" Jiyong cut in. Her eyes flew to his and saw them frowning at her, unreadable. "You were Sohee's best friend. I thought you were my friend too. Why did you make her break up with me?" he whispered.

Dara swallowed. Tears pooled and threatened to fall.

She whipped her face around so he couldn't see her face. "I have to go." she choked, hugging her bag.

And she ran.