Trapped

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

Jiyong ran back to the makeshift shelter as fast as he could and flung the door opened. He was panting heavily even with his usual undercover agent training because e really stretched himself to run.

He looked around hastily. "Dara?" he called.

He heard a whimper from inside the second room and he quickly ran in. He found Dara on the floor, gripping her leg.

His frown deepened when he saw a rather deep slash on her calf, cutting right through her black pants and revealing her flesh.

"What the hell happened?" Jiyong frowned as he crouched down beside her.

Dara let out a small squeal of pain as he lifted her leg to rest on one of the chairs. "I came to look for you here and accidentally tripped on the legs of the chair." Dara mumbled. "My calf got ruined by that." she pointed at a rather sharp pen knife that had been stashed in the corner of the couch.

Damn. Why was it even there.

Jiyong flinched. Her calf was certainly going to get a scar from the looks of it. Hopefully not too deep though.

"It looks bloody, but I think it's going to be fine." Jiyong assured, looking at Dara's pale face. He checked her up and down. "You sure this is the only place you got hurt?"

Dara nodded, sniffling. "How did you know I was here?"

"One of your puppies told me." Jiyong muttered. He looked at her. "Close your eyes."

Dara blinked. "Huh?"

"Close." Jiyong ordered, putting his hands in front of her. When he was sure she wasn't looking, he took of his jacket and whipped out the tee he was wearing inside and quickly zipped his jacket up again. Even with the heater, it was a little cold.

"You can look now." Jiyong muttered. He carefully wrapped the shirt around her calf, not at all worried that he ruined it. Dara blinked in surprise.

"But your shirt will get spoilt." She frowned. "And you'll be cold."

"Better than you getting an infection from that thing or bleeding to death." he threatened. He almost smiled at the scared look on her face.

He turned his back to her and crouched down. "Get on. We have to go back quickly. Even if they weren't going to lock this place up soon, we have to get back to my car where the heater's working properly."

Dara nodded. She scrambled up as carefully as she could and wrapped her arms round Jiyong's neck. Just as Jiyong tightened his grip around her legs, they heard a slam.

They froze.

"!" Jiyong hauled Dara up swiftly and raced to the door, only to see from the tiny window that the workmen had already locked the door and were walking away.

He put Dara down and banged on the door hard. The workmen were listening to music on their iPods and humming along, walking further.

"Oh no. Now what?" Dara panicked. She whipped out her phone, only to find that there was no reception there. Things were getting worse.

Jiyong sighed and looked at her. "I guess we have to wait till someone at YG realizes we aren't there. Hopefully it won't take too long." he muttered.

 

 

They were sitting on the couch with Jiyong wrapped in the only spare blanket available. Dara had insisted he do that because he wasn't wearing a shirt inside and had to be a little cold especially with the cranky heater that didn't work well.

They huddled on separate sides of the couch and stared into space, the awkward silence coming back again.

Jiyong plucked his gaze from the seemingly interesting tiles on the floor and looked at her. "Why did you come back to look for me?"

Dara brightened. She straightened without knowing and looked at Jiyong earnestly. "I overheard Yang Hyunwoo talking on the phone."

"Yang Sajangnim's brother?" Jiyong frowned.

Nodding vigorously, Dara continued. She told him what he heard, word for word enthusiastically, offering her suspicion of how much it sounded like what the betrayer of the company would say.

Jiyong was quiet for a bit after she told him. He tapped his chin and frowned. "That really sounds suspicious. Although we can't know if the betrayer is the murderer, it's one step." he nodded. "We'll have to confirm if Yang Hyun Woo is really the person who leaked those information."

Dara sighed and hugged her knees, careful not to touch her injury. "But why would he do that?" she asked, confused. "Yang Sajangnim has forty percent of the shares. He has thirty. The rest are distributed amongst their family members and amongst the brokers and such. He's a big part of the company so why cause it to fall."

Jiyong shrugged. "Why kill someone?" he asked her back. "If we can understand and agree with how criminals work, we are criminals ourselves."

He looked at her. "Good work finding that out though." he told her. "At least now we have a suspect. A probable one."

Dara pinked without meaning to. "Hm." she murmured, hugging her knees tighter. She looked at her watch and sighed. "I wonder how long it'll take for them to realize we are gone." she muttered.

Jiyong shrugged and smiled softly. "At least we have the heater...." his eyes widened as the constant rumbling sound stopped. Both of them looked at each other in shock.

Jiyong rushed to the heater at the side of the room and tried turning it on but it won't budge. Dara sat on the couch and watched anxiously. "Is it spoilt?"

Jiyong stared at it for a while before putting it down. "It isn't." he whispered regretfully. "They turned off the power supply just like they said they would. Damn. How are we going to survive now? It's going to be freaking cold in no time."

He went back to his end of the couch and huddled in his blanket, already feeling the cold air rushing in from outside.

Things were looking bad.

-----

Thirty minutes later, the temperature in the cabin was pretty much the same as the snowy grounds outside.

Jiyong clutched his blanket tighter and wound it around himself. He looked over at Dara who seemed to be nodding off.

"Dara?" he called.

No response.

He frowned and called louder this time. "Dara. Dara wake up."

She didn't. And he was beginning to get worried. She had assured him she was fine with her wind breaker and pants as she hugged her knees at the corner and he left her at that.

But now when he nudged her, she didn't seem to wake up. He went to cup her face and quickly retracted his hand.

Her cheeks were cold as ice.

"!" Jiyong cursed. "Dara don't faint on me. You can't faint now." he muttered as he moved over to her and pulled her close. He wound he blanket around the two of them tightly and cupped her cheeks, trying to transfer some warmth.

Dara stirred and mumbled something incoherent under her breath. "Dara?" Jiyong shook her. It wasn't good to lose consciousness when the situation was dangerous like this.

Dara let out a sniffle and Jiyong almost thought she was crying because of the cold. But she wasn't. She wasn't even awake.

A tear trickled down her cheek. "You don't understand...you don't understand.." she whimpered.

Jiyong cringed at the look on her face. Pure hurt. Pure pain. Something in which it's extent seemed to be completely unable for Jiyong to comprehend right now.

Jiyong hugged her tighter and she snuggled in his chest. "Shhh it's going to be alright." he cooed. "I understand okay? I do. I do."

Dara fell back into sleep, or was it unconsciousness Jiyong didn't know. He watched her look sad and depressed even in that state and he felt terrible.

*What are you talking about Dara?* Jiyong thought desperately. *Just please...don't faint on me.*