Her plans

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

Dara sighed. Her phone had been ringing non stop ever since she reached home and Jiyong just wouldn't get the hint that she didn't want to talk to him. Not yet.

She didn't know how he knew about her hostage incident at the cafe, but she assumed it had been on the news or something. He messaged her relentlessly, asking about her, if she was alright, begging her to reply.

Dara read his messages for a bit at first, but decided not to. Jiyong was obviously confused guilty about being back with Sohee that's why he was trying so hard for her to reply. But she didn't want pity. She didn't want guilt.

She wanted his love.

And that's why even though she yearned to hear his voice so dreadfully, Dara never once picked up his calls. She turned her phone off and chucked it under her pillow.

She didn't feel like going to work the next day because she had been too traumatized by the previous night's events. First she found out that Sohee was staying in Jiyong's house while she was on the way there to give him a lovely surprise.

Second, she gave Jiyong up because she wanted him to be happy. And it seemed obvious to her that Sohee was the one who could make him happy or he won't return to her again after four years.

Last but not least, let's not forget the hostage incident. Dara might be a fierce and passionate lawyer in the courtroom, a arrogent and highly driven superior at work, the epitome of independence and success.

But she was still a woman. A woman who would get scared when things went wrong and one who needed comfort in times of need. She needed Jiyong's comfort the most right now, but that was one source of comfort she could not receive.

Hence she coaxed herself into sleeping and finally slept for a mere two hours before the shrill ringing of her doorbell woke her up.

Dara rubbed her eyes tiredly and squinted at the clock. It was 7am. Oh gosh. Was it even human to be awake at such an unearthly hour?

Dara made her way to the door feeling lethargic, her eyes half closed. She peered through the doorhole, half expecting to see a milk man or postman. Instead she blinked in surprise when she saw three faces of the 2NE1 girls looking anxiously at her house door.

She quickly swung the door open. "Hey what are you guys doing here so earl-"

"DARA!!!!" the three of them pounced at Dara in unison and engulfed her in a group hug. Dara blinked in surprise as she felt her friends hug her and kept murmuring her name as if it was a miracle for her to be alive. "Waaa??"

Bom sniffled and shot Dara an accusing look. "Why didn't you tell us about all those things that happened yesterday?" she demanded. "You were freaking held hostage and none of us knew until the weird CL woke up at an inhumane time of 6:30, the tv and saw the news with you on it. Seriously, didn't you think to call us?"

Minzy nodded, huffing, clearly worried about her unnie as well.

Dara sighed and shrugged. "It was past midnight yesterday when it happened." she reasoned. "You guys were deeply asleep at that time, I didn't want to bother you."

"We wouldn't mind if you called us to hitch a ride or something." CL frowned. "We want to be there for you."

Dara smiled softly. "Thanks girls." she told them sincerely. "But I had a ride yesterday. I didn't want to bother you, seriously."

Bom giggled and elbowed Minzy and CL. "Oooohhhh the boyfriend huh?" she grinned. "What was Jiyong's response when he ate the cupcakes you baked? Bet he was awfully touched wasn't he?" she giggled.

"Did Jiyong oppa save you from the robber?" Minzy asked in wonder. "He's an undercover agent after all. He should have some good moves to kick that robber's !"

Dara bit her lip and looked at the ground. She assumed the girls would know about the break up, because TOP would have told Bom about it. But she somehow forgot TOP was one hell of a deep sleeper and even if Jiyong set a fire to TOP's house while the hyung was sleeping, he probably would never wake up. Jiyong would never have had the chance to tell TOP about what happened.

Dara shuffled about uneasily. "I...Jiyong...He wasn't the one who sent me home." she admitted. "We broke up yesterday."

"WHHHAAATTTT!!!" the girls shrieked.

"Hush!" Dara  hissed. "It's still early in the morning you know!" she looked out to see if any of her neighbors woke up because of the din.

Bom grabbed Dara's arm and hauled her over to the couch and plopped her on it. She huffed angrily and put her hands to her waist and glared. "Spill. Now."

And Dara told them. She told them about how she found Sohee in Jiyong's house, looking at home and like the rightful female mistress. She told them how when she asked Jiyong to meet him, he chose to stick with Sohee for what she claimed as feeling sick, when Dara could have sworn the Sohee she saw just moments ago was fitter than a bull. She told them about how she didn't want to be a burden to Jiyong anymore and if he wanted Sohee, she should let him go.

"Dara unnie..." Minzy frowned. "Why didn't you tell us? We should have been here for you last night."

Dara smiled. "It's okay. I'll get over it." she shrugged.

"But I don't really believe Jiyong would cheat on you behind your back, honestly." CL frowned. "I mean, everyone in the company knows he loves you a lot. It's impossible for him to change his heart so quickly."

"Yeah but the facts are screaming in your face." Bom huffed, standing on Dara's  side. "How can you explain his ex-girlfriend staying at his house since Christmas and he hasn't told Dara? He had so much time to do so and he chose not to say anything. That's guilty conscience I tell you."

Dara flinched. That's what she thought as well.

"Well whatever the case, we're always here for you Dara unnie." Minzy smiled. "If you need us, don't hesitate to call again. If something like last night's events happen again, I hope we can be here for you."

"Aww thanks." Dara smiled at the maknae. She looked at the time, it was 8:30am already. They had unknowingly talked for more than an hour since the girls arrived and demanded answers, fussing over her.

"I think you girls should get to work already." Dara told them. "You're going to be late. I'm going to be fine, don't worry. I just need some rest."

"You sure unnie? I can take a day off to spend time with you, the interns aren't very busy now." Minzy offered.

Dara shook her head. "It's okay Minzy. I'm fine." she assured. She shooed the girls to the door and smiled as she waved. "Have a nice day at work."

Bom nodded. "I'm not going to talk to Seunghyun today." she huffed. "I'm going on cold war with him!" she announced.

"What?" CL raised a brow. "What's all these got to do with him?"

"Nothing." Bom said flatly. "But I'm pissed with Jiyong and that means I'm pissed with all undercover agents right now. So I'm pissed with Seunghyun. Period."

Dara chuckled softly. Meeting the girls really did make her happier for a bit. She waved as they turned to go, until CL stopped in her tracks. She turned back to look at Dara, frowning. "Wait. If Jiyong wasn't the one who drove you home, who did?"

The other two girls nodded as well and looked at Dara. Dara bit her lip. "Yang Hyunwoo."

"What?" the girls shrieked again for the second time in the morning. "But he might be a murderer! He's dangerous! What are you doing, associating yourself with him?"

"He found me in the hospital after the hostage incident." Dara explained. "I think he was keeping tabs on me that's why he found out so quickly. Anyway, I think it's not a bad idea that I'm getting close to him right now." she told them. "Can't you see? It's the fastest way if we want to know the truth about Teddy oppa's death. If I can get him to trust me, maybe I'll know something we would never know by mere investigation."

"But it's dangerous." CL frowned sternly. "Are you out of your mind, Dara? This is insanely dangerous."

"No it isn't." Dara shook her head. "You guys kept telling me how Yang Hyunwoo is infatuated with me since the very beginning. His blind love for me might be just what I need to get some clues." she reasoned. "He isn't going to hurt me if he loves me so much."

"But-" Bom shook her head, not agreeing.

"Don't worry girls." Dara pleaded. "I need something to get my mind of Jiyong after the break up. Can't you see? This is the perfect opportunity. And besides, I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself. I won't put myself in compromising situaitions with him to let him harm me, I'm not that stupid you know."

CL thought for a while, contemplating. "Fine. But you have to notify us of every thing okay?"

Dara nodded and CL relaxed slightly. She still thought it wasn't a good idea but what could she do when Dara already said it was to get her mind off the break up. She needed this.

*But I still don't believe Jiyong betrayed Dara.* CL thought as they made their way to work. *It's almost like Seungri being decent. It's impossible.