Realization

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

Jiyong didn't turn up for work the next day. So did Dara.

Jiyong told the office that he was not feeling well and Dara did the same. The others naturally thought that the lovers were having some sort of a getaway together and didn't want the others to know, that's why they came up with such excuses.

They thought it was cute for this couple to be so infatuated with each other. Even Yang Hyun Suk thought so and he didn't mind. He thought office romance was rather fine with him and he encouraged the Daragon couple.

But no one besides the Big Bang boys and 2NE1 members knew what was wrong. Dara was too busy crying at home and Jiyong was too bothered and confused with his feelings.

Which was why the Big Bang members met up with Jiyong after work to talk about the problem. The boys were sitting around Jiyong's house on the couch as their leader stared blankly out of the window with a cup of wine in his hands.

"Hyung..." Seungri looked over at him. "Are you okay?"

Jiyong didn't respond, and he stared into the sky. The sun was setting and there was a pretty orange glow mixed with the blue, but Jiyong couldn't take any of it in.

He swallowed hard. "I thought about it the whole day." he murmured. "I...I can't arrive at any other answer except that I..I think I'm in love with Dara." he whispered.

The Big Bang members brightened up. They looked at each other with hopeful eyes and smiled. They knew that Jiyong and Dara were meant to be together but they were just infuriated and furstrated that the one involved didn't see it for himself. It's great that Jiyong finally realized it himself.

"You really think so?" Youngbae probed. "What made yout think that?"

Jiyong turned around to look at them and bit his lip. "I just couldn't find any other reasonable explanation for my feelings and behavior around her other than the fact that I might love her."

He sat down and sipped his wine. "I just...I realized I don't act like I do around her, compared to how I do with other girls." he shrugged.

"Yes of course." Daesung rolled his eyes, grinning. "We noticed that a long long looooooong time ago." he chuckled.

"You were always so protective around her." TOP laughed. "Forever concerned over her safety and if she takes enough rest. We never really talked about it, but when it's just us Big Bang going out for a drink, we all noticed how much you talked about Dara."

Seungri nodded. "That's true. In the beginning you were ranting about her, but after that you were talking about things like how you admire her professionalism, how you're impressed with her ability and drive, how you thought it was cute for her to like Agatha Christie books after all these time."

Jiyong smiled softly. It was true. Now that he thought about it, he did talk about Dara a whole lot to the Big Bang members, it's just that he didn't realize it.

Jiyong his lips and stared at the sky. "I thought about it for a long time." he muttered. "I questioned myself why I was so physically attracted to her. Why the air always felt charged and different when I'm with her as compared with other girls. Why I worry about her physical health and also her feelings when the first thing I wanted to do in the past was to do something mean to her."

He lowered his gaze, a smile barely readable from his lips. "I realized something I never did before. That this attraction had been there all the way back since we were in High school."

The Big Bang boys were surprised at this. "Really?" Youngbae asked in interest. "But I thought you only knew Dara because she was Sohee's friend. You were dating Sohee all along."

Jiyong nodded. "Yeah." he admitted. "But now that I thought about it, I realized that the person I talked to most of the times was with Dara. She was the one who could hold meaningful conversations with me that made me replay her words over and over in my mind even after that." he shrugged.

"With Sohee...." Jiyong sighed and raked his fingers through his hair. "It's now that I realize I didn't really know Sohee as a person much beyond her external looks and aegyo. Perhaps the connection with Dara had already started that long ago." he admitted to himself.

Daesung smiled. This was getting better and better by the moment. But there was one important question that needed to be asked before anything happens.

"And what about Sohee now?" he questioned curiously. "You haven't gotten a girlfriend for yourself because you told us you were still hung up over her. Do you still love her now?"

Jiyong blinked for a few moments as he digested Daesung's question. Dara had asked him that the previous night at the club.

Did he still love Sohee?

He couldn't give her a definite answer and he didn't bring himself to say yes. Because deep down inside he wasn't sure if it would be an honest answer and he most definitely didn't want to lie.

Comparing Dara and Sohee, who was more important to him right now?

*Dara.* Jiyong thought without hesitation. *Dara's more important.* He wondered what would happen if Sohee suddenly returned into his life, expecting the jerk of joy and anticipation he was supposed to feel.

Nothing came.

His lips slowly curled upwards as he looked at the members. "I think...I think I'm over her. Completely." he confessed. "I don't think I was really deeply in love with her at all. I was just too loyal for my own good."

"HOORAY!" The other boys cheered and thumped Jiyong on his back. "Finally man! We thought the answer was shouting at your face and you still didn't get it! We were about to request to Boss for a change in leader." TOP joked.

Jiyong grinned. "So you don't mind how Dara betrayed you in the past?" Youngbae asked, not wanting Jiyong to regret and bring pain to both Dara and himself.

Jiyong looked over at his best friend. "I think it's too late for me to turn back right now." he admitted. "I'm far too deep in this to back away because of little things she had done. I love her."

"AWWWW!!!!" the boys cheered, beaming like lunatics. Jiyong chuckled and shook his head, smiling to himself.

*Tomorrow, Dara.* Jiyong thought as he sipped his wine and drank, watching the sun set from his premium view of his balcony. *Tomorrow I'll confess.*

 

 

The Big Bang members had gone home after some time and Jiyong was left by himself.

He was planning on how to approach Dara on the subject. Despite being so well loved by girls everywhere, Jiyong had never actually confessed by himself before. Sure he had said I love you to Sohee before but she always said it first.

In fact, Sohee was the one who came to him with the love letter. He hadn't even known she existed before that.

For the first time, the Kwon Leedah was actually nervous and jittery about something. Something like confessing to a girl he loved.

"Should I give her flowers?" Jiyong thought out loud. "Do it before we go to work or after? Where would be a good place? When we eat? Going for a stroll?"

He let out a frustrated sigh and raked his fingers through his hair. "This is hard." he complained.

He thought about what he had told TOP in the first place about agents falling in love. The deeper you fall, the more dangerous it becomes. Because then you'll always be rooted here in Seoul, and everything you do, you'll think about her.

But Jiyong didn't think it was something bad right now. Dara would be his motivation for everything he did in the future, and he thought it was a marvellous thought. He wanted to live his life for somebody. For her.

He was just about to decide on whether to get pink or red roses, when his doorbell rang. He scratched his head and got to the door. "Did any of the Big Bang members leave something?" he murmured.

He was shocked when a fist came colliding with his jaw the first thing when he opened the door. He fell back in surprise and barely blocked the next attack, only because he had his super fast instincts and agility. "What the-"

"Bastard!" The intruder tried to aim another punch but Jiyong grabbed onto both his hands and expertly held them back. He turned to glare at his attacker when he faltered. It was Dara's younger brother, Sanghyun.

"Sanghyun?"

-----

"Why are you here, Sanghyun?" Jiyong looked over at Dara's younger brother, a handsome young man.

Thunder looked at Jiyong with narrowed eyes. "To kick your for making my sister cry again." he hissed. Jiyong winced. Dara was crying again because of him? He didn't think that much when he pushed away from the kiss, and now he was regretting it with all his life.

"You broke her heart four years ago, I'm not letting you do that again." Thunder warned. Jiyong stilled. Broke her heart four years ago...

"You mean," Jiyong's eyes were wide. "You mean Dara liked me in the past?"

"Are you kidding me?" Thunder growled. "How can you question that when she's so infatuated with you?" he retorted. "I couldn't see why she liked you so much but I thought it did her good to be social since she always only had books for company. I thought you might open your eyes and see how much better Dara noona was than that freaking Sohee."

Jiyong swallowed. "I know now."

"No you don't." Thunder hissed. "You're never going to be good enough for Dara noona until you understand just how much she loves you. You never even apologized for shouting at her in public when you and Sohee broke up, and she wasn't mad at you at all."

"She wasn't?" Jiyong blinked. "But we hated each other."

"Of course she hated you." Thunder snorted. "Because she loves you that's why she chose to hate you. Women are just strange creatures like that. I don't even know why she chose to keep Sohee's unfaithfulness from you when she didn't even do anything wron-"

Jiyong froze. "Say what?" he swallowed. He stared at Thunder, pale. "Explain. From the top." he demanded.

And Thunder did.

 

 

------

Hello! :D
Remember the polls I asked you guys to participate in?
Well here's the new story:

 

The Dull One [CLICK]

 

Hope to see you there!