Their Past

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

"Wow can you believe it?" Seungri grinned. "I even heard the cleaner ahjummas talking about you and Dara today, hyung!"

The gang had gone for dinner after work, relaxing and eating their fill. Jiyong raised a brow at Seungri. "You go around listening to cleaner ahjummas talking?"

Youngbae laughed. He looked over at his best friend. "Well, it's kind of true." he shrugged. "The whole company was talking about you two today." he looked between Dara and Jiyong. "You two are the IN couple right now." he teased.

Dara pinked and sipped her drink quietly. Jiyong rolled her eyes and looked over at her, noticing the pink tints. He poked her cheeks and chuckled. "Aigoo, this ahjumma doesn't know how to respond to teasing." he grinned.

Dara whacked his hand away. "Aish!" she pouted.

Jiyong just leaned back into his chair, smiling. It was fun teasing Dara. She's a lawyer and all, intimidating when she's in the courtroom and serious when she's working, but when you talked to her she's just like a little kid. Cute.

Bom laughed and looked between the two. "If you two had acted like that in front of the others, I don't see why they're not talking about the both of you."  she grinned slyly.

"Bom!" Dara pinked even further. No-Boyfriend-Since-Birth Dara certainly has some weakness with regards to love. CL looked at Dara, scrutinizing closely. She had known Dara for quite some time, and Dara's seriously someone who's emotions are all written on her face. It wasn't difficult to guess what she was thinking.

And looking at how awkward Dara was, how she's blushing, CL thought there was something fishy about it. *If Jiyong's really only doing this to protect her, then it's all work.* she thought. *But she's not acting like it. Why had Jiyong and Dara hated each other so much in the past? I must get it out of her no matter what.*

The dinner ended some time later and the gang walked towards the carpark to get their cars. "Nice dinner tonight." Daesung burped loudly. "We should visit that eatery some time again."

Youngbae grinned. "And I suppose you're going home to sleep now, after eating Mr Daesung Dwaeji?" he grinned.

"Hey. I'm not a pig." Daesung declared. "Although I think I'll go to sleep." he muttered.

Jiyong smiled at the gang. "So I guess goodbye then. See you guys tomorrow." They all walked toward their own cars. TOP looked over at Bom. "Babe do you want to go for a late night date?" he winked.

Bom beamed. She was about to go darting over to TOP's side when CL pulled her back. "Sorry Seunghyun. It's girl's night out today." she said firmly. "You'll have to have your date tomorrow."

Jiyong looked at Dara, frowning slightly. "Then how are you getting home? I drove you to work today, you don't have your car." his brows pinched together.

"I'll send her don't worry." CL commanded. "Bye guys!" The girls waved and let themselves be ushered by CL away from the guys. Minzy blinked at CL confusedly. "Since when were we having a girl's night out today?"

"Since now." CL said determinedly. She looked over to Dara for a bit. "There's some things I need to clarify. Some things that have to be said."

The four of them entered a nearby cafe and ordered their drinks and desserts, a rather good compliment to the meal they just had. "So...what did you want to talk about Chaerin?"  Bom asked curiously.

CL looked over at Dara. "Depends on what Dara has to tell." she muttered.

Dara blinked. "Eh?"

Cl pressed her lips in a straight line. She sighed softly and looked at Dara. "Unnie it's pretty obvious you know." she retorted. "You and Jiyong aren't simply friends in High School. Friends don't hate each other like mad. Friends in High School should be embracing each other and asking about their lives when they meet. Not like you and Jiyong."

Dara bit her lip. "And they most definitely don't blush when the other teases them." CL added with an afterthought.

Dara pinked again. She wringed her hands. "I..." she struggled.

Bom looked at Dara gently. "Dara, you can tell us anything." she whispered comfortingly. "We're your friends. You can count on us to share your troubles."

Dara nodded. She her lips nervously and took a deep breath. No one knew except for her brother, Sanghyun or otherwise known as Thunder. Even her parents didn't know anything about it.

"You guys remember the bastard I told you all about?" Dara murmured. "The one I wasn't able to forget, the one that hurt me, the one that's still keeping me from dating right now?"

The girls nodded. Of course they knew. But they hadn't known what was the story behind it.

Dara sighed. "Jiyong is that guy."

The girls took a deep breath and held it, waiting. Dara took a sip of her strawberry milkshake and looked at them. "It started in first year of high school I guess. That's when I first met Jiyong."

 

 

Sandara Park held on to her books tightly as she wound around the school. Her first year in high school and she hoped that things would be different from middle school. That she wouldn't get teased and bullied.

But she had no luck.

And of course. Who would want to be friends with the nerd of the century? She looked so dorky and ancient. The clothes she had could barely be bought anywhere in town at all. They were so outdated.

But Dara didn't really bother about that. She only cared about studying because this nerd had aspirations. This nerd wanted to get into Law School. This nerd wanted to be a lawyer.

Dara had been friends with Sohee for a long time. Since they were babies, practically.

They were best of friends, but after a while Sohee changed. She began to learn about make up, clothes and accesories. She began being more outspoken and hit it off with guys pretty well while Dara was struggling to hold a conversation with others.

Sohee began here transformation in Middle School and when she came to high school, she was a hit. She became popular instantly, with her quirky fashion sense and cute smile.

Sohee gained a lot of other friends while Dara only had Sohee.

They drifted apart, and Sohee would abandon Dara sometimes to go out with her more popular friends, but Dara thought it was okay. At least Sohee still talked to her while she was popular and Dara wasn't.

Sohee hadn't been able to meet up with Dara that day. She had gone out with her other friends for a shopping trip and Dara didn't like looking at clothes for too long. Something about being dizzy after looking at those immense types of cloth. Talk about weird when she could stare at a Chemistry textbook for four hours straight.

Dara had been walking back to the dorm when she passed by the noticeboard that was crowded with seniors. The seniors were getting back their results that day, and this results were vital in choosing the university they were going to.

The boys were going to have to get into the military force for two years first before submitting their application, but the results were still important to them.

Dara looked at the people who were squeezing here and there, trying to catch a glance of the notice board. She wondered what her own reaction would be when she got back hers two years later.

Dara shrugged. *Wait two years and I'll know.*

She trudged back to her dorm, wondering if she should continue with her Chemistry homework or start revising on Physics first, when she caught sight of a guy.

That was the first time a guy ever caught Dara's attention, and believe me, he held it. He entered the place, walking coolly with his hands stuffed in his pockets and sauntering over to the noticeboard. He had swag written over his forehead, he was just so cool.

He frowned slightly at the crowd in front of the notice board and leaned against one of the pillars, deciding to wait till they dispersed. But even the frown couldn't make his handsome face any less breathtaking. He was so good looking.

*Is he from our school?* Dara thought. She mentally knocked her head. *Of course. He's wearing our uniform.* she her lips and watched him from afar.

*I wonder why I haven't seen him before.* she thought curiously. Hello Dara, you haven't even lifted you head from your books long enough to look where you're going.

Another guy entered the scene and waved at her Mr Handsome. "Jiyong! Here for the results?" his friend smiled and went over.

Dara looked at Jiyong, her eyes shining with interest. *Jiyong.* she thought.

And that was when Sandara Park first fell in love.