It hurts

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

Dara stared at the man in front of her in surprise. She had been sent to the hospital after the robber had been caught, to check for injuries and be given tranquilizers.

She was just wondering if she should call the 2NE1 members to bother them deep in the night, when this man appeared in front of her, smiling.

"Dara, are you okay?" he asked, sitting down beside her and feeling her forehead in an intimate manner, checking her up and down for injuries. "Did that bastard do anythin to you?"

Dara blinked at him.

This was what Jiyong was supposed to be doing right now. This was supposed to be her boyfriend, the man she loved. But...

"Hyunwoo sshi." Dara whispered in surprise, swallowing ineffectively. felt as dry as it did before.

"What are you doing here, Hyunwoo sshi?" Dara looked at her superior in surprise.

The robbery at the cafe had been at most half an hour ago. She had been sent to the hospital immediately and the whole thing lasted not more than fifteens minutes.

How did Yang Hyunwoo know about her condition, and how did he get here so fast?

"To see you of course." Hyunwoo smiled as if it was a ridiculous question. "I came as soon as I knew that you were in trouble. Lord, the nerve of that robber to hold you hostage. I'm glad he's caught right now."

Dara swallowed, feeling tears gather behind her eyes. She wanted to cry again, the tranquilizer wasn't working that well after all. She needed comfort, she needed Jiyong.

"How did you know I was in trouble?" Dara whispered.

"I have my means." Hyunwoo smiled mysteriously. Dara mentally smacked herself. Of course, how can she forget that he had her under his eye 24 hours a day.

Hyunwoo looked at her and around. She was the only one in the corridor with no one to accompany her, looking all alone. "Where's Jiyong? Shouldn't your boyfriend be here?" Hyunwoo asked.

"I...didn't tell him." Dara lowered her gaze to the floor. "We....we're taking a break from each other right now."

Hyunwoo's eyes lit up and he tried to hide his happiness from her. *Sohee is right. They really broke up! Yes!*

Dara could feel Hyunwoo's elation, but she didn't say anything about it. But it hurt though, were people do happy that Jiyong and her weren't meant for each other.

"Don't be too sad, Dara. Everything happens for a reason. You don't have Jiyong now, but there are other more eligible men waiting for you." he consoled.

Dara knew he was talking about himself and she could only once herself not to puke. Puh-lease. As if a murderer could compare to Jiyong.

But she kept her act up anyway. I things were arranged as such and Yang Hyunwoo was the one to care for her in Jiyong's absence, she could use this chance for some serious investigation on Jiyong's behalf.

"Hyunwoo sshi, can you take me home?" Dara murmured. "I left my car at Jiyong's and I don't want to go back to collect it. Not just yet."

Hyunwoo seemed delighted that Dara was getting closer to him. *Get that Kwon Jiyong! You don't love Dara enough obviously, or my sending Sohee to break you two up wouldn't have succeeded. Now it's going to cause your downfall.* he smirked. *I'll treat Dara better, and she'll be the perfect tool to my success.*

Hyunwoo smiled and led her out of the hospital, as it enjoying the mere feeling of walking beside her. He had his eye on her for a long long time. She was the woman of his dreams and God had given him a chance to get her.

He would never let it go.

The two of them stopped when they saw someone walking out from one of the emergency wards as well: Sohee.

Sohee seemed surprised to see Dara and Hyunwoo but she met Hyunwoo's eyes, knowing what to do immediately.

"Oh Dara?" Sohee smiled fakely. "What are you doing here? Is this your new boyfriend immediately after you and Jiyong broke up?" she snickered. "Goodness, you're fast aren't you?"

Dara gritted her teeth in anger.

"Oh well thank goodness Jiyong went off to get me some drinks. He wouldn't want to see you like this." Sohee smirked. "If you see him running, he's just too anxious to see me, don't think too much about it." she smirked.

Dara bit her lip to prevent herself from saying anything harsh or rash. After all, Sohee was the one Jiyong chose.

And she as the one he didn't want.

 

 

Jiyong drove all the way to the cafe near his house. He ignored Sohee's pleas, he ignore the curious gazes from the people around him.

Every time he thought he was calming down, the image of Dara being held hostage surfaced in his mind. And he was beyond frightened, horrified by the mere thought.

It made his heart stop, his stomach lurch. He was a man who barely showed a weakness, and even when he broke up with Sohee, he didn't leak a tear.

But now when he thought Dara might be hurt, he thought he could faint. He marched into the cafe and saw that the police were still there, asking the witnesses and clarifying their questions with the cafe manager.

Jiyong tapped on one of the police's shoulder, holding out his agent identification card. "GD, agent."

The man's eyes widened and he bowed. "Oh GD. Yes, what can I do for you?" he asked respectfully.

"Where's is Sandara Park?" Jiyong asked, his voice hardly able to keep steady. "She's the girl being held hostage by the robber. Where is she now, is she alright?"

"Yes she is." the cafe manager overheard and answered. Jiyong turned to look at the cafe manager immediately, intensely. "I saw that she was still very shocked and traumatized, so I sent her to the hospital."

"Which hospital?" Jiyong pressed urgently, his hands digging into his pants to grab his car keys and ready to run again.

"Ssangyong Hospital." The cafe manager notified. "It's just around the corner, down the street and-"

"Turn right. Yeah thanks." Jiyong bowed and ran off. He cursed himself and wanted to laugh.

He had just departed from Ssangyong hospital to speed all the way to the cafe to look for Dara, only to find that she was sent to where he had been initially. Was Heaven playing tricks on him?

"Damn it." Jiyong cursed and stepped hard on the pedal. He wasn't going to miss Dara if he could help it.

-----

Jiyong reached the hospital again in record time. He hopped out of the car and slammed the door shut, running straight in.

Just as he was about to ask the help desk for information on Dara, he caught sight of her.

Jiyong felt his heart lift immediately, finally able to breathe. "Dar..." he blinked and faltered. Why was she with another man? And why was that man....Yang Hyunwoo?

Anger fueled in his veins, paired up with urgency and worry. "DARA!" Jiyong called loudly, running for her.

Dara turned around in surprise, only to be yanked away from Hyunwoo and tittering into a warm familiar embrace. "Dara...oh gosh Dara..." Jiyong panted, breathing into her hair.

Dara felt her heart leap, but she stopped herself. He was here for Sohee, not her. Not ever.

Dara pushed herself away from his grasp. "Don't do that, Jiyong. We broke up already." she reminded.

Jiyong's eyes widened. "No I didn't agree to it!" he protested. "I was worried sick, Dara. I saw you being held hostage and I swear,y blood just ran cold and I was so ing worried-"

"Nice to know, Jiyong." Dara smiled mildly. "But I don't need to know these things anymore. I want to go home."

She turned towards Hyunwoo. "I'll send you home." Jiyong insisted.

Hyunwoo snickered and held into Dara's arm. "I'll send her." he interrupted. "You can take care of your new girlfriend. She's over there waiting around the corner." e gestured.

"Sohee isn't my new girlfriend!" Jiyong hissed.

"Oh sorry I forgot, she's your first love right?" Hyunwoo smirked. "Hardly new anymore I understand. Don't worry about Dara, I'll do a better job of taking care of her."

He steered Dara away from Jiyong as they made their way to the car park. "Dara..." Jiyong called, swallowing, his heart hurting madly.

"Don't look for me, Jiyong." Dara whispered, not looking back.

And it hurt. Insanely.