Suspicion

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

"Babe. Baby I'm back." Jiyong whispered, crawling into the bed where he left Dara the previous night and pressing a kiss on her brow.

Dara stirred and rubbed her eyes tiredly. She squinted at him for a bit, letting her eyes regain their focus. Once she saw who it was, she immediately brightened and hugged him. "Jiyong! You're back!"

Jiyong chuckled and cradled her on his lap. Gosh, would it be corny of him to say he missed her, even if it had been a few hours?

"Have you solved everything back home?" Dara asked worriedly. "Who was that girl?"

Jiyong hesitated a bit. "It was....my younger cousin." he fibbed. He didn't know if it was a good idea to talk to Dara about Sohee. "She ran away from home so she's staying at my house now."

"Oh." Dara frowned. "Won't her parents be worried? You better send her home, Jiyong." she told him seriously. Jiyong nodded. "I will."

Dara smiled and brightened. "Merry Christmas, Jiyong!" she kissed his cheek and ran to her bag. She got out the present she got him and presented it to him proudly.

Jiyong smiled softly and tore it opened. It was a really unique metal necklace with a playboy rabbit shape. On closer look, he saw G-Dragon engraved behind. His agent name.

A smile broke onto his face. "This is awesome Dara." he said honestly, pulling her closer for a kiss. "Thanks." he pulled at his pocket and produced his gift for her. "For you."

Dara opened the flimsy piece of envelope curiously and her eyes widened. "OH MY GOSH JIYONG!" she squealed. "Backstage pass for Romeo and Juliet? KYAAAHHHH!" she threw her arms around his neck happily.

"You like it?" Jiyong chuckled.

"I LOVE IT!" Dara squealed. Jiyong smiled, happy that he got the right gift. His mind drifted off to what Sohee had told him and he bit his lip.

"Dara, I was just wondering." Jiyong murmured. "Why didn't you go to Seoul National University Law school and went to Hanyang University Law School instead? Hadn't you always said you wanted to go to SNU?"

Dara visibly stiffened and she avoided his gaze. She laughed uneasily and shrugged. "Uhm..they didn't accept me?" it came out as a question.

Jiyong frowned. "Please Dara. Your results are better than mine. They accepted me, why didn't they accept you?"

Dara's gaze darted around. She her lips and looked at him. "I uhm, I forgot to hand up the application form." she said in a rush. "That's why I could only go to Hanyang."

Dara looked at him nervously. "Why are you asking?"

"Nothing." Jiyong shook his head with a smile. "Nothing at all."

Jiyong's heart sank. Dara was the last person to forget something so important, especially when she had told him numerous times how important SNU was to her. She was lying.

*But why?* Jiyong closed his eyes, sighing.

 

 

Jiyong stared out of the window, occupied and unable to sleep even though he hadn't slept the whole night since he had been driving to and fro.

Seungri was driving for a change and CL in the front seat with him. Dara was sitting with Jiyong at the back of the car and her head fell onto Jiyong's shoulder as she dozed off. Jiyong looked at her softly, his gaze unreadable.

*I don't want to believe Ahn Sohee, Dara.* Jiyong thought. He reached over and took her hand in his and laced their hands together. *She fooled me once, I won't fall that easily.*

He sighed and brushed the stray hairs out of her face. She mumbled something incoherent under her breath and snuggled closer to him. Jiyong put one of his arms behind her head to act as her head rest and pulled her closer so she could sleep with ease.

He studied her sleeping position and traced her features with his finger. Her arched eyebrows, the length of her nose, the shape of her pink luscious lips. She looked so cute, so precious, so adorable.

His gaze softened as he looked at her, his heart skipping and warmth flowing through his being just being with her like that. *I don't believe you did it, Dara.* Jiyong thought affectionately. *You're not someone like that.*

His thoughts trailed to her strange response when he asked her about the university she attended in the past. It was beyong weird and Jiyong knew Dara too well to not catch that she was lying. But why would she do that?

*But is there something you wouldn't tell me about your choice in Law School?* Jiyong thought, his brows furrowed. *Why did you lie? What did you lie about? Is there a possibility that....that Ahn Sohee is telling the truth?* he shut his eyes, not even wanting to entertain that thought.

He sighed and clutched Dara's hand tighter.

CL looked at the two from the front mirror. "Aish stop looking at Dara like that while she's sleeping." she snapped. "I'll make her break up with you if you look like a love sick puppy all the time!" she threatened.

Jiyong tore his gaze from Dara and chuckled. "You try. I won't budge."

 

 

"Thanks for sending me home Jiyong." Dara pressed a kiss on his cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Dara turned to leave but Jiyong held onto her hand. Dara turned in surprise and saw Jiyong looking at her with an unreadable expression. "Can't I go up for tea?" he asked, finally breaking into a grin.

Dara chuckled and swatted his hand. "Arraso arraso." she agreed.

Jiyong nodded and took her hand as they went up to her apartment together. Dara went to work, boiling the water and making a fresh cup of tea for Jiyong. Jiyong took it with a thanks and slowly drank it.

He looked at her intently, as if he had questions he wanted to ask but didn't know how to go about doing it. Dara sat down beside him and stretched, smiling. She scrolled her the texts on her phone, reading the christmas wishes from Thunder and her parents who were out touring as well.

Jiyong did so as well and pretended to laugh. "Hahaha what a good one." he muttered.

Dara looked at him curiously. "Oh it's nothing, just a text one of my friends from university sent." Jiyong fibbed. He kept his phone and looked at her. "Talking about university, it's kind of a wonder why I didn't get into Kyunghee university last time isn't it?"

Dara stilled again. She fidgeted with her phone and gripped it tightly. "Oh yeah. That's right." she muttered.

"I mean, even Professor Han told me that I had no problem getting the scholarship to Kyunghee, but I failed." Jiyong frowned. "Isn't that weird? I could have sworn there were other applicants lousier than me and they got in all the same."

Dara cleared and drank the tea awkwardly.

Jiyong looked at her and could have sworn a flash of sadness passed in her eyes. Sadness? Why? Because her plan failed and he managed to get into a better university instead? What was she doing in his room?

"Oh by the way Dara," Jiyong changed the topic. "We should find some time and I'll bring you to see my parents. I bet they'll want to meet you."

Dara visibly relaxed and she smiled. "Jiyong! So soon?"

"What? You don't want to?" Jiyong teased easily and took her hand. "Anyway, I want to show you childhood photos of me. I'm really cute in the past you know!"

"I know." Dara rolled her eyes.

"How did you know?" Jiyong caught on. "You haven't seen my childhood photos before have you? I only kept them in my room at my parent's house."

Dara blinked and panicked. "I mean, uh, of course you're a cute kid last time." she murmured. "You're cute even now."

Jiyong saw her avoid his eyes and felt the same dread fill his stomach. Was it true? Did she really do it?

* this.* Jiyong wanted to scream.

 

 

-----

Hello applers!!!!

Update today even though I just did yesterday becauseeee.......MY BODYGUARD PRINCESS GOT FEATURED!

Thank you guys so so much I really appreciate it.

You guys are the ones who made this possible. Thank you for reading and for your support! :D