Same Old Dara

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

Jiyong discussed his findings and instincts with the Big Bang members and they agreed with his stand. It seemed to be the only motive for killing Teddy at the moment, and they are going to tap on this finding.

The Big Bang members promised to find out about things discreetly from the other colleagues and office gossip if possible. Jiyong on the other hand, hoped that Dara wouldn't take too long coming up with the list.

He knew girls like that. He remembered Sohee in the past. His first love, his ex-girlfriend.

Whenever she had something to do, like homework or reports to write, she never did it on time. She's just one of those girls that never really bothered about anything except for clothes and makeup. But Jiyong loved her all the same.

However he did admit he felt rather pissed a few times when she went over to his house and begged him to help her write her reports when it's supposed to be passed up the next day.

His impression of Dara however, was vastly different. She had been really studious and was a typical goody-two shoes. But he didn't know if that Dara was still the same one now. She changed so much in the looks department, especially with her Dara Puppy Team which never existed in the past, so he had no idea if her other aspects changed as well.

He went to their office the next day, earlier than usual. He didn't hope for Dara's list too much, but he wanted to do some research on Genie International if Dara hadn't reached before him.

But she had. She always did.

Jiyong was surprised to see her even though office hours wasn't supposed to start until thirty minutes later. "You're earl-" he started, when Dara bounced up to grin at him.

"I have the list!! The list!!" Dara waved it at him happily.

Jiyong's eyes widened as he snatched it from her hands. "You really managed to come up with it by today?" he blurted in surprise. "I thought you were joking."

Dara blew a raspberry and rolled her eyes at him. "Sandara Park never jokes about things like that." she harrumped. She nudged him impatiently. "Read it, quick. And tell me what you think."

Jiyong was surprised by the thickness of the papers she handed him. He thought a list of people would at most take up two pages, but the stack she handed him had to be around twenty pages.

He turned to the first page and he soon knew why. "You wrote what you thought off each person?" his jaw dropped. His fingers sped through the pages and realized she did it for every single person. "Every one?"

Dara nodded with a smile. "I've been in this company for longer than you did." she made a face. "I know about everyone here, their character and such. I just added my own views of them and whether I think they might have a motive for doing so." she tapped her chin. "Pretty smart of me huh?"

*And damn hardworking too.* Jiyong thought.

He read the first name. "Manager Kim. Head of Human Resource." he remembered that woman, more than ten years older than him and still battling her eyelids at the Big Bang boys the first day they arrived.

"Not likely to be the person who leaked the amount." Jiyong read Dara's comments. "Has a family and three childre-" he faltered and looked at her in shock. "She has a freaking family with three children? Why the hell does she act like-"

"She's flirting?" Dara asked. She giggled lightly. "Because she does. She flirts with all the males in the office and her husband flirts with all the females at his office. But at the end of the day they return to each other because the one they truly love is each other. Don't mind her."

*But she was so freaking creepy.* Jiyong thought. He shrugged and continued reading. "..Three children. After work she has to fetch her children and she rarely knows anything beyond the YG boundary. She often tells people that as a parent, she must do all the right things to be a role model for her children hence it is unlikely for her to get involved in such crimes."

"Wow this is detailed." Jiyong murmured. Dara threw him a triumphant look and grinned.

Jiyong raised a brow at her. "I thought lawyers were always busy, even at night?"

"I am." Dara emphasized. "But that doesn't mean I can't do this if I want to. You know better than anyone that I had always loved mystery solving, this one real life case." she grinned.

Jiyong looked at her and at that moment, it seemed like he was looking at the Dara from four years back. "You still like Agatha Christie?" he asked.

Dara's eyes lit up. "You remember?" she grinned. "Of course I do!" she declared. She spun on her chair and opened one of her black boxes on the ground.

To Jiyong's surprise, it was filled to the brim with Agatha Christie's novels. One of Dara's favorite authors.

"I keep them in the office in case I have spare time to read." Dara grinned, cradling her books like they were babies.

Jiyong looked at the old books that were wrapped in plastic to preserve their prime condition. He picked one of the books out and saw Sandara Park <3 written on the first page.

He recognized it from before. She used to write her name in that way in every of her books and assignment, insisting that it looked pretty even when people laughed.

"You kept your books from befor?" Jiyong asked in surprise.

"Of course!" Dara harrumphed. She hugged one. "They're my babies." she declared.

A memory from the past surfaced in Jiyong's mind.

---

They had been in the library, Sohee wasn't with them. She never bothered studying, and she didn't like the library with the ancient book smells.

But that's what drew Dara and Jiyong there. They were supposed to be studying for their finals, but Dara couldn't tear her eyes off her Agatha Christie book.

"Stop reading." Jiyong urged. "You're going to fail if you don't start studying now." he taunted.

"NOO!" Dara protested, pushing her glasses up. "I'm nearing the end now!" she whispered. "The mystery's unfolding! For once I may guess the culprit correctly!" she said determinedly.

Jiyong had sighed. "Come on Dara." he pulled the book from her hands and unexpectedly, it ripped into half. Dara stared in horror at her book. "My baby!"

"I'm sorry!" Jiyong panicked. "I'll buy one for you. A hardcover one!" he promised.

He was relieved to see Dara calm down a bit. "Should you call Sohee to one get you?" he asked. "I think she may be done shopping."

Dara nodded and searched her pockets. But her phone was nowhere to be found. "Omo. I think I left it at home."

Jiyong flicked her forehead. "Here use mine."

---

He stared at one of the books in her collection. The only hardcover edition of the pile. The one he had bought her.

*I didn't think she'd keep it, seeing how she hates me.* Jiyong thought.

Dara's phone rang and she picked it up. "Yeoboseyo? Bom?" she perked up. "Oh of course I want cookies! Leave me some I'll find you now!"

She hung up and threw Jiyong a smile before hurrying away. Jiyong shrugged and sat down, ready to go through Dara's list thoroughly when he caught something pink on Dara's desk. Her phone.

*She actually left her phone after answering it. Biggest Babo on earth.* he thought amusedly.

He looked back at the Agatha Christie books, still surprised she hadn't moved on to new delights like Twillight, Hunger Games and all.

"You're still the same, Dara." he murmured. "The same as I remember."