Cold War

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

Bom walked home happily, hugging the bouquet that TOP had given her. She decided that she was going to give her answer to TOP the next day instead of a week after since he was so sweet.

He made her feel something that other guys hadn't been able to. She didn't mind that he didn't flash his abs. She didn't mind that sometimes he's a block of wood that's really hard to talk to. She didn't mind that he's quiet most of the times.

Because he was still handsome even wrapped up from head to toe.

Because even as a block of wood, he understood her.

Because even when he's quiet and not participating in the talk, she knows he's looking out for her.

Because she loves him. That's why when she thought that he had been avoiding her because he doesn't like her back made her feel thoroughly disappointed beyond the measure of words.

Because despite her torturing him she would always forgive him. For whatever he did. Whatever he would do.

"Bom."

Bom looked up in surprise and nearly tripped over herself. And there he was, TOP, standing in front of her house looking as cool as ever in a perfume ad pose with his hands shoved in his pockets.

Bom faltered for a few moments, just taking in his sight. What right did he have to look so perfect all the time?

"What are you doing here?" Bom asked, not unkindly, but somewhat reserved. Her heart was pounding a thousand miles an hour and it was getting hard to breathe.

"To visit your neighbour." TOP told her seriously.

Bom blinked. She whipped her head to look at her neighbour's door which was closed. What was TOP doing there looking for her neighbour?

"But what-" she frowned.

"Of course I'm here to see you." TOP chuckled deeply. "I don't even known your neighbor!"

Bom wrinkled her nose and made a face at him. She couldn't help but let out a little giggle. She felt a little less tensed as she walked towards him, raising her brows.

"And what are you doing here, looking for me?" she grinned teasingly.

TOP shot her a look, letting her know she was making it difficult for him. He raked his fingers through his hair. "I was wondering if you would rethink your decision and give me your answer today instead of a week later." he looked at her hopefully.

"And why is that?" Bom asked innocently.

TOP groaned. "Come on, can't you see how I'm suffering?" he pouted cutely. Which is really weird with the TOP face I tell you.

"Convince me then." Bom grinned, enjoying every minute.

TOP sighed and took a deep breath. "Well it's good to be Choi Seunghyun's girlfriend because you have a hot boyfriend." he grinned. Bom burst into giggles.

"And you have a boyfriend who looks like he's filming a perfume ad even when he walks out of a collapsing building." TOP chuckled. "And you'll get the pleasure of having him call you 5am in the morning to ask for coffee."

Bom laughed heartily.

TOP took a step towards her and and took her hands, making her falter and look at him curiously. "I think you may very well be the first girl I'm in love with, Park Bom."

Bom blinked.

"I've dated a few times before but I only got the girlfriends to fill my time." TOP told her seriously. "I never had the urge to go for any particular girl, never felt the panic when she's ignoring me, never cared."

He looked at her and slowly caressed her hand with his thumb. "But I care about you, Park Bom." TOP murmured. "From the moment I saw you at the club in your red hair, I knew you were different. And you are." he whispered. "You're magnificent. You're god sent."

"Seunghyun..." Bom whispered, touched.

"I'm sorry for avoiding you before." TOP muttered regretfully. "I wouldn't put you through that if I could but I had a lot of things to think about. Because its not that easy for me to date right now, and neither for the rest of the Big Bang boys. We won't be able to go out a lot on dates because I might not have the time. I might not know what to say for most of the times and be that signature block of wood I am."

He took a deep breath. "But will you be my girlfriend, Park Bom?"

He looked so earnest, so sincere.

Bom let out a sob and buried her face in his chest. "Of course!" she cried. "You evil man! I wanted to torture you for a week before answer now!" she complained. "You evil irresistible tabi!"

TOP chuckled and wrapped his arms around her, enjoying her scent. He nuzzled her neck and found that she was wearing a necklace.

His necklace.

He looked at her in surprise and found her looking back.

And the kiss that came was inevitable.

 

 

Dara and Jiyong were trying really hard to keep it down since things were so joyous with the new couple being formed. They didn't want to intrude, they didn't want to spoil their good moods.

But it was hard to hide when they were so cold to each other.

It was different from the coldness when Big Bang just entered the company.

Jiyong and Dara were mean to each other but they always bickered and quarreled non stop. There was no time for peace between them. The other members didn't even find a chance to in while they were busy throwing curses at each other.

But this was different.

Jiyong and Dara didn't talk to one another, didn't look at each other, and chose very carefully to sit far away from one another.

It was so obvious even when they were trying to be subtle.

"What do you think happened between them?" Minzy asked curiously.

Daesung flicked her forehead. "Not your place to know you young baby!"

"Hey!" Minzy frowned.

CL watched the tension grow and her eyes  brows scrunched up together. "I wonder what's up."

"The lights?" Seungri pointed to the lights hanging on the ceiling helpfully. CL rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Unbelievable. And he thinks he's funny." she muttered.

Dara avoided all eye contact with Jiyong while Jiyong would look at Dara for long prolonged periods of time while trying to read her mind.

If only he could.

*Why did she answer my question?* Jiyong thought curiously. *Why did she do it? Jealousy? A moment's urge? Just anything. Throw me an excuse. Why did she run away like she was so frightened.*

He remembered being rather good friends with Dara. She was much of a nerd but he didn't mind, despite his good looks that made him one of the more popular boys.

He liked her for who she was. The klutz, the cute blur girl, the one he could really talk to.

And he was glad. Because he hit it off really well with her when she's his girlfriend's best friend.

It's great because he saw some of his other friends trying desperately to make conversation with their girlfriends' friend's and making no headway. And it matters because the friends will soon complain to the girlfriends... And damn your relationship's over.

But Dara was one girl he could really talk to and he really appreciated her.

Until she did what she did.

"I still don't get it. I'm a good character reader." he muttered. "I never once thought you'd betray me. You aren't that sort of person Sandara Park. Unless I read wrong all along."

He looked at her, scrunching up her face cutely as she tapped her chin with her pen, thinking.

*And I don't think I did.*