Christmas Break II: The theft

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

The gang had a marvellous time skiing down the slopes, enjoying the snow and breeze. Even though it seemed pretty amateur, they actually went to built a snowman there after and had a whole lot of fun.

Of course, Seungri was still learning how to control his direction while skiing and CL nearly went mad with her total failure of a disciple.

The gang later went into the resort to get hot chocolate and get warmed up at the local cafe.

"Hello miss." A dashing waiter smiled. "Here's your order of chocolate milk." he handed it over to Dara.

Dara smiled and took it, blinking at the mountain of marshmellows given compared to the others. The waiter flashed his charming smile. "I requested for extra marshmellows for the exceptionally beautiful lady." he winked.

Jiyong's face hardened and he scowled deeply. "My name is Chase and it's my pleasure to meet you." the waiter, apparently called Chase or something, looked over at Dara.

Dara shifted uncomfortably. "Uhm...I'm-"

"Dara and she's mine." Jiyong cut in, glaring.

Chase looked startled for a moment but he collected his wits pretty quickly, which the other Big Bang members had to applaud for since they all knew how scary Jiyong's glares looked. "See you sometime, Dara sshi." he grinned and walked off as if Jiyong hadn't announced she was taken at all.

Jiyong let out a growl and gritted his teeth. "The nerve of that guy."

"Don't bother, hyung." Youngbae advised. "It's not like we'll see him after this trip."

Jiyong made a face. "He better not make another move on you." he looked over at Dara and pouted. Dara giggled and pinched his cheeks, smiling widely. "Someone's jealous, I see?"

Jiyong grunted. "You wish." But that scowl remained deeply etched as his eyes followed the waiter Chase around the cafe. Not jealous aye, Kwon Leedah?

 

 

The gang decided to retire to their rooms for the day since they still had two more days left at the resort. Dara and Jiyong went back to their room (yes THEIR ROOM) and Dara promptly plopped herself on the soft fluffy bed.

"Aigoo." she sighed. "Skiing is tiring." she yawned.

Jiyong smiled as he hung up his windbreaker. "Tired so soon?" he went over and brushed the stray hairs out of her face. "Don't go to sleep yet." he poked her cheek.

Dara opened her eyes sleepily and squinted at him. "Why?"

Jiyong grinned and handed her a pink robe. "We have a private hotspring here in our room. We should try it." he pulled her up and tugged her along with him to the small hotspring bath that was just outside their room. Every of the hotel's luxury room had their own hot spring like this. And you could see the other hot springs beside you, provided the straw curtains weren't drawn.

The hotsprings overlooked the beautiful view of the snowy mountain and would be a total enjoyment if not for the fact that you would have to run out of the water back to the room, exposing yourself in the cold for that few seconds.

"But it's cold!" Dara protested, just shivering as she touched the cold glass door that led to the hotspring.

"But the water's hot." Jiyong persuaded. He made a cute face and tugged on Dara's hand. "Baby...." he whined.

Dara laughed and poked the tip of his nose. "Arraso. If I catch a cold because of this you're going to be responsible." she warned, getting into the bathroom to change.

Jiyong smiled to himself as he watched her close the door. "I'll be responsible for the rest of your life." he whispered.

-----

The couple shivered in pleasure as they stepped into the warm soothing water. Sure, the few second journey from their heated bedroom to the outdoor was completely torturous, but the comfort of the hotspring made up for it.

Dara let out a contented sigh as she felt the water with her fingers. It was silkier than normal tap water of course, and there was a pleasant sulfur smell signature of the springs. "This is a good idea." she relaxed back.

Jiyong smiled as he settled down. He leaned against the rocks and watched the evening sun, setting behind the mountains. It was beautiful.

"Of course it is." he responded teasingly. "They always called me the genius back in high school." he boasted.

Dara laughed and splashed water at him. "Conceited." she made a face. She leaned back, relaxing again. "And besides, I know."

Jiyong looked over at her. Dara's eyes were closed as she completely relaxed, feeling the strain of her muscles from the skiing experience slowly coming apart. It was like the pain and tiredness was literally unravelling, leaving her good as new.

He looked at her for a moment before he scooted nearer. "Why did you like me then? When did you start?" he asked curiously, watching her attentively.

Dara opened her eyes to look at him in surprise and raised a brow. "Curiosity kills the cat." she told him. Jiyong laughed and pulled her nearer, letting her rest on his shoulders as he traced circles on her silky arm. "I'm no cat."

Dara sighed contently and looked out at the view, not seeing. Jiyong watched and knew she was recalling the past. Their past.

"I remember the exact moment." Dara murmured distractedly. "You guys were getting your college entrance exam results and there were a whole crowd of seniors gathering in front of the notice board to peek at their results. And you were late." she looked at him.

Jiyong made a face. "Yeah yeah."

Dara laughed lightly and continued. "I don't know. But you walked in, late, but still looking steady and cool with that swag of yours and like you own the world or something." Dara giggled. "But I guess that's when I started liking you. Your arrogance was just something out of this world." she teased.

Laughing distractedly, Jiyong reached to curl a lock of her hair behind her ears. "And all that time I was with Sohee, you were suffering?" he muttered. "Why didn't you say anything?"

Dara shrugged. "Not like it's going to make a difference right?" she protested. "Do you even remember how I looked like back then? I was a complete nerd. Only you would lack sense to talk to me in public. Even Sohee would avoid getting seen with me." she admitted. "You and I are worlds apart, Jiyong."

Jiyong took her hand and kissed her fingers, his expression pained. Being some detective, some undercover agent, someone who was born to solve mysteries and uphold anything just mildly unfair, he was the cause of Dara's suffering all those years back. If only he had paid more attention, if only he knew.

"No we're not, Dara." Jiyong hugged her tightly. "You're not a nerd and I'm not some sort of campus prince. You didn't know how to dress well but that only showed how you weren't materialistic and vulnerable to trend changes. Even when you looked like that, I could never bid goodbye to you willingly. I always thought time we had together were too short." he confessed.

He sighed and kissed her shoulder. "I'm sorry for making you go through all that, Dara." he whispered. "If I knew, things might have been different. I mean it."

Dara turned to look at him and saw his eyes shimmering with sincerity. She softened, touched. He was looking at her like she was the most precious thing in the world, and the way he held her made her feel exactly that.

"I love you." Jiyong murmured and captured her lips. Guilt was not what he felt. It was destiny.

 

 

After a long time in the hotspring, the couple were all shriveled up by the water and looking red in their cheeks from the kissing. They decided to grab something to eat since all that kissing and talking in the hotspring seemed to have taken quite a bit of energy.

They went to the lobby and found that the other Big Bang and 2NE1 members were already there.

"What's happening?" Dara asked, seeing how Minzy looked a little distracted.

"Someone stole Minzy's wallet." CL informed grimly. "She left it in the room and it was gone the next moment. And apparently it isn't the first case here. This is already the fourth theft case."

Jiyong frowned. "She left it in the room? Doesn't that mean that the resort staff are more likely to be the one?" he questioned. "They've got the keys."

Daesung nodded. "That's what I thought too."

Jiyong's mind immediately drifted to the flirty waiter. "I bet it's that guy called Chase or something." he accused.

"Jiyong!" Dara rolled her eyes. Her undercover boyfriend was a kid sometimes.