The Surprise

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

Jiyong was dealing with his inner turmoil of wondering if Dara did sabotage his university application or not. He didn't want to believe Sohee easily again since he did in the past and it proved wrong.

However, things with Dara weren't going well. As an undercover agent he knew very well when someone was lying. Moreover, knowing Dara for these years and aided by the fact that she was no doubt lying about it, he really didn't know what to think about it.

He tried to ignore the whole event, actually. But it was difficult when Sohee refused to leave his house, saying that she had no where to go and insisted on staying on.

Everytime he saw her, she would put in some bad words about Dara.

Jiyong didn't believe them or corse. He knew better than that. And he loved Dara too much.

He did consider just forgetting this ever happened. Even if Dara did sabotage his university application and what Sohee said was right, it wasn't totally undeserving of him. After all, he was the one who caused her the ticket to her dream school.

He wanted to continue with his relationship, to value nothing other than the love he had for her and only her. But every time he looked at Dara, he would remember what Sohee said.

Dara noticed Jiyong behaving weirdly but she had no idea why. He was still being the awesome boyfriend and she never felt more loved than when she was with him.

When they went out on dates, even people who didn't know who they are would comment on what a cute couple they made. Not only because of their superior looks, but everyone could see Jiyong cared for Dara.

However that didn't mean Dara couldn't see how Jiyong was always constantly disturbed about something. There was something troubling him and no matter how many times she asked, he would never tell her anything.

"I want to do something for Jiyong." Dara announced. "He's been feeling down. I want to make him happy again."

The 2NE1 girls left the boys for a bit to go on their all girl's shopping trip. Some times it was good to have a guy with you while you shopped, with someone carrying your stuff and whatnot, but sometimes they just slowed everything down with their complaining.

Minzy looked over at Dara in interest. "Oh?" she smiled. "What do you have in mind Dara unnie?"

Dara shook her head and shrugged. "I have no idea. That's why I want to ask you guys for suggestions."

Bom grinned slyly and leaned closer to her friend. "I know what would make Jiyong REALLLLLY happy."

Dara brightened. "Really? What?" she leaned closer together with the other girls.

Bom giggled and pointed to a lingerie shop they passed by. She gestured to a see through black night gown that was on the display. "That, would make Jiyong ecstatic." Bom commented bluntly.

"Bom!" Dara squealed, pink in the face.

CL laughed and shook her head at the Bominator. "You're so sick Bom!" she laughed. She looked over at Dara. "I think what matters is that what you give him is something from your heart. He has to be able to feel your love. That's what's most important."

"But what?" she wondered.

The four girls went walking around the large shopping mall and stopped store after store to look for the perfect gift to cheer Jiyong up.

"How about this?" Minzy suggested, holding up a unique rock styled, chain necklace.

"It's pretty good." CL nodded. "Jiyong's quite the fashionista isn't he? He would like this."

Dara shook her head. "I think he would, but I gave him a necklace for Christmas. I don't want to repeat it again." she wrinkled her nose.

"Hmm okay, next!" Bom ordered.

They went to the men's section and CL picked out a classy looking leather wallet. "How about this? It's pretty nice looking."

"Yeah but anyone can buy him that." Bom pointed out. "You were the one who told Dara that she should get something that shows her love for him. It should be something personalized. Or she should wear it."

She wriggled her brows at Dara. "You should get the night gown Dara I'm serious."

"BOM!" the girls shook their heads.

"Alright no night gowns!" Bom pouted. "Chill!"

Dara let out a sigh as she looked around the shopping mall. She wondered what would be a good gift to cheer Jiyong up. Something that was sweet, that would represent her love and concern.

Her eyes fell on a cupcake shop near them and she scanned through the rows of beautifully made cupcakes displayed on the racks.

A couple came out from the shop, holding hands and smiling. "That was fun oppa. We should come and make cupcakes ourselves again!" the girl smiled.

Dara blinked and took a step closer. *Make your own cupcakes?"

She turned to the girls with a smile. "I think I know what I'll be giving Jiyong."

 

 

The girls had a great time making the cupcakes. It had been Dara who was interested at first, but when the other girls saw the cute cupcakes sold, they couldn't resist making their own.

The shop owner provided them with the necessary materials and taught them how to make the base dough first. Dara opted for the plain vanilla one since it would look good after being decorated, and she thought it would help since it was Jiyong's favorite ice cream flavor.

The girls made pretty good students as they tried to follow along with the teacher. Maybe except CL. She just couldn't get anything right, despite her usual capable self.

"Ugh!" CL frowned, wanting to give up mixing the batter. "This is so difficult!"

"You're giving up too quickly unnie!" Minzy chided as she mixed her strawberry batter. "Don't give up yet! Seungri oppa wants to try your cup cakes, I'm sure."

"Who's making them for him!" CL snapped, pinking slightly.

The girls sent their batters into the oven and waited. While waiting, they bought a few cupcakes on display and gained ideas on how to decorate their own later.

The cupcakes were simply marvelous. The ones with chocolate filling simply melted in their mouths, and those pink heart shaped decorations were actually strawberry flavored sweets that were delightfully scrumptious.

A ding went off and the girls crowded around the oven anxiously. Dara and Minzy's cupcakes turned out the best while Bom's and CL's were slightly odd shaped and too flat.

Dara carefully decorated hers with cream and colored sugar ornaments. She smiled at her own creation. *I hope Jiyong will like them.*

cupcakebox.jpg

 

 

Dara hugged the box of cupcakes she baked as she waited for the elevator. She clutched Jiyong's apartment keys in her hand, the ones he passed to her.

She wondered if he'd like the surprise she planned for him. She desperately wanted him to be happy, for him to get over what was bothering him.

"I really wonder what's bothering him these days." Dara mumbled as she got out of the lift.

She walked towards Jiyong's apartment and was surprised to see from one of the visible windows, that it was lighted from inside.

Strange. Jiyong told her he was out with the boys, playing pool and bowling and wouldn't return yet. She had wanted to be home waiting for him to surprise him.

She shrugged. "Seems like I'll just have to surprise him like that then."

She slotted the key into the keyhole and turned. The door opened, revealing Jiyong's home which she saw for the first time. He gave her his keys some time back but she hadn't had the chance to visit.

It looked really luxurious, and his style was similar to her home.

She looked around the lighted house, wondering where he was. She heard a movement from the bedroom and she smiled.

Tip toeing, Dara went over to the bedroom and put her hands on the door knob. She took a deep breath and swung the door opened. "Surpr-" she faltered.

She stared at the woman in the room in horror, wearing a robe and doing a facial, looking completely at home.

"Sohee?"