Team Building

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

Since the end year reports had already been submitted, YG wasn't in such a mad rush any longer and could just about let it's employees take time off for a bit for their annual Team Building trips.

Team Building trips were usually present in large organizations or companies and happened annually where their employees went out for outdoor activities like rock climbing or adventure courses to build the team spirit. Hence the name Team Building.

And this time, it was YG's turn for their Team Building trip. The employees gathered at Incheon airport for their little flight over to Phuket in Thailand for their trip. The gang was wildly excited since they were looking forward to some sunshine and tan that wasn't found in Korea now that it was the winter period.

"Kyaah I can't wait to see the beach!" Minzy clapped happily. "I saw pictures from the internet. Beaches in Phuket are sooooooo pretty!"

"But I thought there had been a tsunami disaster back then?" Seungri scratched his head.

CL rolled her eyes. "Are you an idiot?" she retorted. "That happened back in 2004. It's been eight years. Of course the beach is revived now."

Jiyong just shook his head at the Big Bang maknae's ignorance. He looked over at Dara who had a huge bag with her, wearing a sunny shirt under her jacket. They had their summer wear inside since they couldn't just walk around in those short sleeved clothes when it's winter in Seoul.

"What did you bring?" Jiyong raised his brows. "A whole buffet table?" he teased lightly.

Dara wrinkled her nose. "Humph." she snorted. "Don't come begging me for suntan lotion or moisturisers when we get there." she harrumphed. "You're going to need it."

Jiyong leaned nearer, his eyes flashing with playfulness. He poked her cheek and let his breath dorn her skin as he spoke. "Aww baby, don't you remember I'm your boyfriend?" he whispered. "You bear to do that?"

Dara pinked and whacked his hand away. "Aish!" she grumbled, fanning herself.

Jiyong laughed and ruffled her hair. "You're so fun to tease."

The gang made their way through the gates and got their passports stamped and went to the waiting area before boarding the plane. They waited around and played and fooled like they always did.

Suddenly TOP stopped and turned to Bom with curious eyes.  "Just wondering, babe." he muttered. "We're going to the beach." he looked at her. Bom blinked. "Yes and?"

"So what...what...." he struggled. "What..."

"He means," Seungri cut in. "What are you going to wear at the beach? Specifically, what type of swimsuit would that be?" he grinned.

Bom rolled her eyes at TOP. "That's what you wanted to ask?" she scoffed. TOP pinked and nodded meekly. The other Big Bang members leaned in to listen as well since they were interested in what sort of swimsuits the girls were wearing.

"Of course we're wearing bikinis!" Bom retorted. "A girl that doesn't have a bikini isn't a girl." she rolled her eyes.

Daesung blinked at Minzy. "You're wearing a bikini too?" Seeing the pink tints on her cheeks confirmed it.

At this point, the gang were called to get into the plane since it was time for boarding. Jiyong looked at Dara from the corner of his eyes and bit his lip. *I wonder if Dara's wearing a bikini too.*

 

 

The YG employees reached Thailand, Phuket within a few hours. They immediately shed their outer jackets and changed to their comfortable clothes in the airport's toilet. Big Bang looked like they were ready to film a summer cf when they stepped out with their casual under knee length pants and sport shoes since they were going for the adventure course first.

Dara blinked at Jiyong and quickly diverted her gaze. She didn't need her old crush resurfacing now.

He went over and took her hand, making her jump. He looked at her questioningly. "Something wrong?"

Dara shook her head and focused on the ground. Damn. He's really good looking.

The YG employees then proceeded to the adventure course straight away since there were so many fun things around in Phuket. The first thing they noted was how hot it was. But they liked it, because they rarely had a tan with the winter weather back in Seoul.

"Are you warm babe?" TOP asked Bom. "Have some water." he passed it to her.

Jiyong saw and quickly uncapped the bottle he had in his bag. "Dara you need some too. I don't want you to faint." he nagged. Dara casted him an irritated expression. "I'm not nine."

"Yes but you're Dara." Jiyong retorted, pushing the bottle to her lips. "Drink."

They arrived at the Adventure Course which involved things like climbing and jumping and conquering your fears of height and putting your trust in the equipments. Minzy gulped slightly at the scene. It looked pretty scary.

go-ape-england.jpg

They quickly went to get ready and the employees were seen decked in their sports gear and sunglasses as the instructor explained the course. Yang Hyun Suk looked like he was anticipating the whole thing, while Yang Hyunwoo looked like he didn't even want to be there.

He did, however, make sure the Daragon couple was in line of his vision at all times.

"Okay, guys first!" the Instructor announced.

The Big Bang members went to get ready and Youngbae was the first one to go. He got strapped like how the instructor taught them to do so, and narrowed his eyes at the tough trunk like pillar. "Ready...GO!"

Youngbae was up in a second, his muscles flexing as he climbed up quickly. He was up in a flash, and only hesitated slightly when he reached the bridge. He focused and steadied himself, taking a deep breath. He took his steps slowly, one at a time but was steady and firm.

He completed the course with a record time of 5 minutes and 23 seconds.

The female staff were all completely stunned. Such manliness such strength and confidence. Yang Hyunwoo raised his brows. *This looks a little suspicious.*

The Big Bang members took their turns one by one and held record timings for the course. They were fast, accurate, and didn't at all flinch.

Jiyong was the fastest out of them. Even when he reached the terrifying bridge, he didn't wait and take breaths like Youngbae did. He just flew across it, his feet treading each wooden piece lightly and within a blink of an eye, he was at the other side.

Yang Hyunwoo narrowed his eyes. *Not all guys can do this. And all five of them are pros? This is seriously weird.*

Dara on the other hand was marvelling at Jiyong's speed and confidence. *He really is the Kwon Jiyong from before.* she thought, smiling. *His confidence had never decreased.*

After the guys, it was the girls' turn.

The 2NE1 members buckled up to get on with the course. CL was first and she was just two minutes behind Youngbae's timing, pretty impressive.

Dara smiled and thumped CL's back when she came down, proud of her dongsaeng. When it was her turn, she turned around to look for someone to help her with her buckles.

Her eyes landed on Jiyong and she stilled.

"Jiyong sshi! Help us!" the female staff cried out. "We can't do this by ourselves. Please give us some advice!"

Jiyong hesitated, then told them how to watch their steps and what to look out for. Basically pep talk. But Dara didn't like the look of it one bit, it was pissing her off.

She harrumphed and went to the nearest guy and tapped him on the shoulder. "Kris sshi can you help me with this?"

Kris was delighted to help and soon Dara was up and going. She shot Jiyong one last glare before darting up the pillar, determined to outshine the other girls even though she didn't know why she was so bothered.

Jiyong heard cheers and turned around curiously, only to see Dara scaling through the course confidently. A smile lit his face and he gazed up at her. *That's my girl.*