Avoiding her

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

Dara was confused.

Jiyong had been the perfect boyfriend from the trip. He was caring and took note of every small detail about her, observing and protecting her. There were other female staff that even came to tell her that she had the best boyfriend in the world. Other than the fact that he had a pretty face, he was also a pretty awesome person.

Dara was glowing, remembering the kiss to it's every detail as she walked down to the lobby of her apartment building to wait for Jiyong.

She knew she shouldn't but she enjoyed it. Tremendously. It was breath-taking in every way and Dara regretfully admited to herself that she would do it again if she had the chance.

It was just hard to ignore how the past her would have jumped up in joy at the aspect of being kissed by the Kwon Jiyong. Because she knew the past Sandara Park was indeniably, completely, desperately in love with Kwon Jiyong. Till the every fibre and once of her being.

She would have given anything back then for Jiyong to pay her attention like how he had been doing, playing her boyfriend right now.

And she knew that it wasn't a good thing that the present Sandara Park was behaving incredibly alike to the past Sandara Park when she wasn't suppsoed to. She was supposed to be firm. To be cold. To be unbreakable.

That was how she had built herself to be when she decided to pick up her life again. That was how she had envisioned herself to be.

And it was unsettling to see how her efforts were going down the drain just when Jiyong kissed her.

Dara shook her head. No. She's not going to think about that right now. She looked around for Jiyong's car and was surprised to have not seen it in the usual parking lot downstairs where he would be waiting everyday.

She blinked in surprise and checked her phone, just in time to see a message beeping.

Dara,

It's not really convenient to pick you up today. You'll have to go to work yourself.

I'm sorry.

Dara puffed her cheeks. "Oh well. It's not like I don't have a car." she shrugged. She made her way to her own car and settled into the seat, gripping the steering wheel. "But...I can't deny I've gotten a little accustomed to being the passenger now."

-----

Jiyong was acting really weird towards Dara.

It wasn't like he didn't pay attention to her. It wasn't like he didn't hold her hand and greet her, smiling brightly when she reached. It wasn't like he didn't play his part of the perfect boyfriend he always did everyday.

But Dara could see the differences in him that set him different from the other days.

Dara had been watching Jiyong from the corner of her eye and found that his eyes kept trailing towards her once in a while, and he would quickly look back to his computer screen when he found her looking.

She saw how he was reluctant to meet her gaze when she discussed the company matters with him. He seemed to want to keep distance between them and didn't like he usually did.

He usually liked to joke around to ease the tensed atmosphere that was usually present when Dara was working. He was the one who usually wanted her to be as relaxed as possible and not to put a strain on herself.

But he hadn't even initiated a coffee break even when it was already their usually time for their break at 3pm.

Dara her lips, yearning for coffee. She had gotten a little used to his little pampering acts and felt a little unable to concentrate when the time for their break was up.

"Jiyong?" she voiced out finally. "Want some coffee?"

Jiyong didn't look at her. "I'm fine. You can grab some for yourself." he muttered.

Dara frowned. WHAT? "But you're the one who's usually whining about wanting a coffee break." she protested. "Come on Jiyong...let's go." she beamed.

Jiyong allowed himself one glance and his defences immediately crumbled at her adorable expression. He cursed himself for looking and found himself standing up. "Arraso."

Dara smiled happily and the two of them went to the staff lounge. Jiyong made them both coffee and they sat down at their usual table to drink it. Jiyong didn't initiate conversation and he just stared at the coffee.

"Jiyong?" Dara frowned. "Are you okay?" she touched his arm lightly.

Jiyong jerked, shocked at the contact. The zap of electricity ran down his arm and his fingers flexed. He desperately wanted to grab onto Dara's arm and tugged her into his embrace.

"Yes I'm fine." Jiyong answered curtly. He downed the entire cup of coffee and winced at the scalding on his tongue. "!"

Dara's eyes widened and she immediately rushed to get Jiyong a cup of iced water. She handed it to him and he gulped it down urgently. "Aish what are you in a rush for?" Dara frowned.

Jiyong shook his head. "I'm fine." he said again, tonelessly. "Let's go back. We have things to do."

With that, he got back to the office himself, leaving Dara with her cup of coffe. She looked at him, slightly hurt by his actions. Why was he avoiding her like this?

Unless...she was a bad kisser? That must be it right?

Dara's face fell and she gripped the cup. This was harder than she thought.

-----

Yang Hyunwoo slipped away from behind the pillar and smirked. He knew something was up.

"I knew it." he smirked. "They weren't a real couple. That was some hell of a kiss, that ing Jiyong would pay for touching MY Dara like that. But no matter, I knew something was up."

"A normal couple wouldn't be acting this distance after that hell of a kiss." he murmured. "And no couple would just stop at that kiss. I thought there would be some action in bed. But no, this is apparently a set up. Jiyong wanted to kiss Dara for show and somehow he knew about the camera. And that's why after he thought he convinced me that they were a couple, they were awkward like this."

Hyunwoo paced around his office after heh shut the door. "So now I have to find how where these Big Bang boys come from. Who are the ones coming after me." he murmured.

He smirked. He wasn't going to surrender the success he had tried so hard to earn so easily.

Hyunwoo grinned. "Yang Hyunwoo, you're so smart."

 

 

Dara stared at the night sky, sitting on her balcony.

She had a wonderful night view that she could love to look and admire whenever she had the time to. She would usually have a cup of wine with her to enjoy the peace and relax.

But today she had no such desire to do so.

She couldn't focus on anything other than Kwon Jiyong. Kwon Jiyong. And Kwon Jiyong.

Why was he behaving like she was some sort of disease? Was she that detestable?

It was better when Kwon Jiyong scolded her and threw insults at every possible moment. It was even better when she and Jiyong had that cold war.

But this was the worst of all. Because Jiyong didn't look like he was unhappy with her, he didn't give any sign. But Dara could see he was avoiding her, even when he didn't want to show it.

He shied away from contact, away from her gaze, away from intimacy. Only she could tell because she knew him enough, but it hurted so bad. Why did he look so uncomfortable to be with her? Why did he look so uneasy and strained?

Dara felt a tear roll down her cheeks as understanding dawned. The reason why Jiyong's actions bothered her. The reason why she was so excited with his every touch and kiss. Why her heart still raced when he was around.

"Because I've never stopped loving him."

Dara closed her eyes and felt another couple of tears flow down her cheeks. All her efforts, her mental battle, the pain she suffered all that time to try to change into a new Dara, to forget Jiyong and their past...

And she wasn't successful at all.

She's still the same Sandara Park that had been infatuated with Kwon Jiyong, the same Dara that would do anything for him despite her own sufferings.

"Dara, you're an idiot." she broke down into tears, feeling exactly like the Dara four years ago.