Made up

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

Jiyong never thought he'd be this worried for Sandara Park ever. Especially since she was supposed to be the one person he hated with his life and all.

But it was hard not to worry and be anxious for her when she's shivering in his arms, crying in her sleep. She was so small, so vulnerable. He could hug the whole of her just with his arms and she fitted in just nicely.

How could this person have betrayed him in the past, he had no clue.

Dara kept mumbling things in her sleep and tears were leaking every now and then. Jiyong would coo and whisper words of comfort in her ears and rub her arms to give her warm and she could calm down for a bit.

But then she'd start again. Whatever this nightmare of hers that's haunting her, it's definitely persistent.

Jiyong glanced at his watch worriedly. They had been stuck here for almost two hours. Two hours in the freaking cold. Two hours to hug each other for warmth. Two hours were plenty to really harm Dara, especially with that cut of hers on her leg.

Jiyong closed his eyes and rested his chin on her shoulder. He never thought if something were to happen to take away his life, it'll happen with Sandara Park. But now looking at her like this, he couldn't exactly say he regretted it was her.

Somewhat pleased, which was surprising. At least it was her who walked the way with him till the gates of Heaven. The Sandara Park that had been one of the few people he could really click with in his life.

The thought were getting blurry and Jiyong was succumbing to the cold and the urge to just fall asleep. He wasn't thinking properly anymore, and he knew that. The undercover agent part of him knew that he was somewhat between dreamland and reality.

Which was why when the door finally flung opened and men marched in worriedly, he thought it was a dream.

 

 

Jiyong opened his eyes and blinked at the white washed walls. Strange, his home was painted beige brown and grey.

"Hyung! You're awake!" Seungri's voice could be heard and Jiyong unintentionally furrowed his brows. Did the maknae always sound this irritating? All he wanted was some peace and quiet.

"Yah look you're disturbing him." Youngbae's voice was heard and Jiyong blinked again. He tried to sit up and immediately four pairs of hands helped him to do that.

His head was aching and he felt cold. Which was strange because the air conditioner wasn't even there. And he was buried in a pile of sheets and blankets. "What happened?" Jiyong croaked.

"You and Dara noona got stuck in that makeshift shelter." Daesung offered helpfully, as if Jiyong didn't already know. Jiyong shot him a look. "Yes. And then?"

"We were halfway back on the drive to the office." TOP told him. "The rest of us stopped by at the rest station to get a toilet break but we didn't see your car. Neither did we see Dara's. Then the Luhan guy suddenly panicked when he remembered how Dara went to find you and you went to find her. We rushed there, and found you two freezing your off."

Jiyong closed his eyes momentarily. "Bastards. Couldn't you have come earlier?" he muttered, but the Big Bang members knew it was his way of saying thanks. Thanks for saving him from becoming a frozen Jiyong.

He frowned and squinted at them as something in his heart tugged, reminding him that he had forgotten something else important. "What about Dara?"

"It's quite funny because the cold actually helped her cut to stay infection free." Seungri grinned. "So the scar's going to be shallower than it would have been if the heater had been when you two were stuck inside. Pretty cosy with each other though." Seungri wriggled his brows suggestively.

Jiyong rolled his eyes and scrambled off his bed. He looked for his shoes and was disgusted to find that he was wearing some retarded hospital clothes. Freaking blue.

"Where are you going?" Youngbae frowned at his dongsaeng. "You shouldn't go around just yet. And I don't think you should because your fangirls are gathered outside worrying about your health. If you show your face...." he shuddered.

Jiyong slipped on the slippers and stood up. "I can handle a few squealing girls." Jiyong waved the matter off. "I'm an agent no matter what. I have to check on Dara. The last time I saw her I was positive I'd never see her breathing again." he murmured, a little worried.

TOP and Daesung exchanged looks for a bit. "Fine. Her ward is opposite of yours." Daesung relented. "Need us to go with yo-" Jiyong already went out of the door.

Daesung shrugged. "Guess not."

 

 

Youngbae was right. His fangirls were waiting. Or rather, camping.

They screamed and squealed when he came out, cooing at his shriveled and haggard face. What they saw there, he didn't really want to think about it.

Jiyong smiled stiffly and told them not to worry about him and that they should go home, and that made the girls squeal even louder. "Jiyong you're so nice!!!" they complimented.

Which left Jiyong no choice but to summon all the nurses to gather the girls away so that they didn't disturb the other patients around. The nurses agreed of course, with such a hottie asking them to do something it's hard to say no.

Jiyong pushed the door open to Dara's ward and found the 2NE1 girls huddled around the bed. He saw Dara holding a mug of hot chocolate and sipping contently while the other girls fussed over her. CL blinked in surprise. "Jiyong! What are you doing getting up like that?" she frowned. "Those boys actually let you out? I have to give them a piece of my mind." she muttered.

CL got up and strode over to the door determinedly. "Seungri allowed me to." Jiyong couldn't resist adding. CL's face darkened and she stomped over to scold the boys. "That rat!!" she hissed.

Jiyong chuckled softly and made his way over to the bed. Minzy let out her chair for him and he sat down thankfully. He didn't think he was fit enough to stand for long, even with his training. He looked at Dara who was other than pale and ignoring the bandage on her calf, looking pretty fine.

He heaved a small sigh of relief. "I thought you were really going to die." Jiyong muttered. "You were crying intermittenly in your sleep. Damn."

Dara blinked. "I was?"

Bom made a face and poured some of the delicious hot chocolate and offered it to Jiyong who took it gratefully. "She sometimes does." Bom nodded. "When we have sleepovers and all, we go to bed giggling and laughing and when she falls asleep, she gets upset again."

Jiyong frowned. He thought her nightmares were only because of the cold and the situation they were in. He didn't think it was a recurring dream.

Dara waved the matter away. "It's fine." she assured. "I don't remember the dream at all." she told them, but Jiyong had a feeling that she was lying. He looked at the other two girls. "Can I get a private moment with her?"

Bom and Minzy looked surprised, but they got out of the room obediently. Dara frowned at Jiyong curiously. "What do you want to talk about?" she asked, a little tensed now, remembering how they had been cold to each other before that.

Jiyong sighed and raked his fingers through his hand frustratedly. "I just want to say...let's put off the storm for a bit." he mumbled. Dara blinked.

"We've been cold to each other for the past few days and it's getting to us." Jiyong looked at her. "It's affecting your performance at work and mine in solving the case. We can't even stand being in the same room as one another."

Dara flinched. But it was true.

"Let's just ignore our past for a bit." Jiyong offered.  "I mean, put it off. Don't think I would ever forget how you treated me, or how it hurt at that time, but let's just not think about it. I won't ask if you won't say. Let's just pretend it never happened."

A soft smile slowly crept on Dara's lips. "You would?" she beamed. Jiyong nodded with a shrug. "I suggested it didn't I?" he asked. *And maybe I did miss talking to you a little.* he thought.

Dara nodded with a bright smile. "Let's do that."

"Do what?"

Both of them turned and saw Yang Hyunwoo walking into the room with an enormous gift basket and a bouquet. Jiyong saw Dara tense and he gave her an assuring look. They didn't know if Hyunwoo was the one yet.

"What were you talking about?" Hyunwoo asked. "What were you going to do?"

Jiyong shook his head. "Nothing." He moved out of the seat beside Dara's bed when Hyunwoo stared at it intently for a unnecessarily long period of time. Hyunwoo promptly plopped himself beside Dara and Jiyong had to sit on one of the other chairs further away.

"Are you feeling okay Dara?" Hyunwoo asked, concerned. "I bought a lot of tonics for you. Birds nest, chicken essence, I wonder if you take collegen?" he asked, taking out the items one by one from the gift basket.

Dara looked uncomfortable. Jiyong wondered why he even thought Dara used her looks to get into the company in the first place. She looked so uncomfortable, she might just run away even with her bad leg.

"You didn't need to, Hyunwoo sshi." Dara frowned.

"Of course I need to!" Hyunwoo exclaimed loudly. "I care about you Dara can't you see? I wish you'll recover soon I'm worried to death!" he said dramatically.

Jiyong couldn't help the scoff and he slowly turned away, walking out of the room. Damn, even if that Yang Hyunwoo wasn't the betrayer nor the murderer, Jiyong really couldn't find any heart in him to NOT dislike the fellow.

 

--------

Hey guys. 

Many of you are harping on wanting to reveal the past. It's not that I'm evil an I want to see you guys suffer but I have a reason for not revealing it too quickly. 

I want you guys to see how Jiyong responds to this Dara even with the misgivings he already had. There has more meaning when he falls out of falling instead of guilt. 

I want you guys to notice how this Dara reacts to Jiyong. This Dara isn't the same as the one four years ago becuse of lessons and experiences. This Dara has vowed not to meet Kwon Jiyong ever again. How this Dara falls deeper even with her mental determination not to. 

Their past is a mystery and I know mysteries are interesting. But the gold of this story isn't the secrets but the process. I hope you guys understand that.