Protective Dongsaeng

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

Jiyong felt a part of him die when he saw Yang Hyunwoo push Dara off the deck.

" YOU!" Jiyong roared, trembling with anger. He rushed forward, kicked the knife out of Hyunwoo's hand swiftly, and punched the damn fellow in the stomach within a blink of an eye.

It happened so fast that Hyunwoo didn't have time to react. He doubled over in pain, wailing like a kid.

But hell, Jiyong didn't even hear or see anything. He had immediately crawled over the rails and jumped into the sea himself. He had to save Dara before it was too late. He couldn't let her die. Ever.

Hyunwoo crawled over to the side of the yacht and looked into the sea. He saw Jiyong swimming around, searching for his loved one and he laughed evilly. "Serves you right, bastard!" he laughed.

He scrambled up and got to the steering wheel. Just as he was about to go up to full speed, he heard footsteps behind him. Wait...footsteps?

He wheeled around in shock and saw ten cops standing on the deck, led by the other four Big Bang members, all of them having their guns pointed at him.

"Yang Hyunwoo. You are arrested for the murder of Teddy Park." TOP growled.

Hyunwoo's eyes widened. No, he couldn't go to jail. His whole life would be ruined! *If I can't live beautifully, I'm going to die.* Hyunwoo decided.

He made a run for the sea, scrambling quickly in an attempt to escape. Seungri reacted quickly, removing his shoe and aiming it at Yang Hyunwoo. The latter got hit hard in the head and he doubled over for the second time on the yacht since Jiyong hit him.

The Big Bang members surrounded him, not giving him any chance to try that dirty trick again. "Yang Hyunwoo, you are arrested." Youngbae growled, clicking the handcuffs onto Hyunwoo's hands.

Hyunwoo cried loudly. "My life! My life is ruined!"

Daesung ignored Hyunwoo and turned to look at Seungri with renewed respect. "Where did you get the shoe idea?" he asked, interested.

Seungri grinned. "Chaerin of course. She always throws highlighters and pens at me, and I always wanted to respond by throwing my shoe." he laughed. "Too bad I love her too much to do so."

TOP crossed to the edge of the railings and looked into the sea. The others too did, and scanned the waters. They saw no sign of Dara, no sign of Jiyong.

"Oh my gosh." Youngbae whispered. "I just remembered. When we were at Thailand Phuket for the company trip, Jiyong said Dara couldn't swim."

All eyes widened. "What?" Daesung gaped. "! And where's hyung? He should be able to save Dara shouldn't he?"

All of them waited in suspense for them to appear. But they didn't. There weren't any sign of life in the waters below, the sea sloshing as it always did, not looking any different except for a certain gloomy air to it.

Moments passed and they grew more and more worried.

"I can't take it anymore!" Seungri burst out. "I'm going in." he decided, putting his leg on the railings and deciding to look for his hyung and noona himself.

Just as he did that, two heads burst out of the surface of the water. Jiyong panted, treading the water as he held Dara in his arms, lifting her above him for her to breathe.

He smiled weakly at the Big Bang members above and made an okay sign.

Seungri grinned in relief. "Bastard. Couldn't he have come up sooner?"

 

 

Things were rolling fast in the hospital.

The 2NE1 girls arrived at the hospital within minutes of knowing about what had happened. They were thoroughly anxious, and especially Bom who tended to react a little dramatically. TOP was trying to calm her down but to no avail and soon she was venting her frustration on him by rendering a thousand hard blows on his chest.

Oh TOP....what a poor block of wood you are.

The other members of the police force too arrived. The Boss came to the Big Bang members as they waited outside the emergency ward for the doctor to come out. Dara had been unconscious since she was saved from the waters and they were all worried.

"Guys." the Boss nodded at them.

Big Bang immediately rose, with the exception of Jiyong who couldn't find the heart to sit peacefully. "Good job for solving the case. Although I must say, Dara was the one who did most of the solving, didn't she?" he grinned.

Jiyong didn't even bother faking a smile.

"That stupid girl." he whispered, shaking his head.

"Well, at least now Yang Hyunwoo is where he is supposed to be." the Boss shrugged. "Behind bars. In jail. We don't even need a hearing for this because Yang Hyunwoo already admitted to his crimes. He's going to jail for the rest of hi life."

"What about Yang Hyun Suk and his mother?" Youngbae asked, frowning. "What are their reactions when they knew that Yang Hyunwoo was the one who killed their half brother?"

The Boss sighed. "Mrs Yang immediately fainted and I say myself, Yang Hyun Suk was on the verge of following his mother. He only didn't because he had to care for her." he explained.  "They were shocked of course, but Yang Hyun Suk wants to thank you guys for solving the case. He said that even if it hurts their hearts, Yang Hyunwoo has to be punished for his deeds. It's the only way."

The Big Bang boys nodded. That's completely right.

"Well what I want to talk about is your rewards for solving this case." The Boss broke into a rare smile. "For the four of you, you guys will have a pay rise from the beginning of next month."

"Whoohoo!!" Daesung cheered.

"And you, Jiyong." the Boss turned to look at the guy in question. "You are promoted to senior agent."

The other four members of Big Bang's eyes widened. "Senior agent?" they echoed.

The senior agent was one of the most important people in the undercover agent society. He acted alone, unlike amateur agents who went in groups for support. He would have access to the country's deepest secrets and dealings and he would have to be sworn to secrecy for not letting any information out.

He would have great responsibility, great fame as well. It was what every undercover agent wanted to be.

Jiyong looked at the Boss for a bit. "Boss..." he murmured. "I think. I think I don't want to be promoted."

"WHAT?" the Big Bang members stared at him, shocked. "Are you mad? You know what a senior agent is, Jiyong? Why are you turning it down?"

Jiyong shrugged. "I don't want to go around living several identities anymore." he explained. "I don't want to be Kim Jinsun, I don't want to be Han Kyunghyun, I don't want to be Yoo Jaeho. I want to be Kwon Jiyong, Sandara Park's boyfriend. I want to remain here by her side."

He looked at the Boss. "I don't mind being promoted though..." he grinned slightly. "Don't you think you could promote me, but not THAT much?" he asked. "How about making me agent mentor, like you?"

The Boss's eyes widened. He looked at Jiyong for a bit but he could see that behind that small smile, Jiyong was serious. Dreadfully serious. And that if he didn't give in, Jiyong might very well quit this job to be with Dara.

"Fine." the Boss relented. "Not agent mentor, cause I'm still the mentor." he shot Jiyong a look. "But Ageng mentor's assistant."

"Is there even such a post?" Seungri wondered out loud.

"No." the Boss rolled his eyes. "I made that up for Jiyong." he looked at GD. "Happy now?"

"Very sir." Jiyong smiled. "Thank you."

The Boss shook his head, murmuring something about love being very stupid, and he went off. The 2NE1 girls smiled to each other, overhearing the conversation. This just proved how much Jiyong loved Dara despite what they believed from what happened with Sohee.

Because they all knew Jiyong loved his job a lot. Dara had told them how he wanted to be a cop since he was young, and being an undercover agent was even better. He was willing to give up all the action to be a plain mentor for Dara.

All this, so that he could always remain in Seoul without having to travel all over the world for missions. So that he would always be with her.

The boys and girls waited for a bit until the doctor came out from the ward. Thunder and Mr and Mrs Park had also arrived at this point. "How is Dara?" Thunder and Jiyong piped up together anxiously.

The Doctor smiled. "She's okay." he nodded. "Swallowed a little too much sea water, but she's going to be alright. Thank goodness you saved her from the water in time, Mr Kwon." he smiled at Jiyong. "Miss Park just needs to stay in the hospital for a few more tests to make sure she's really alright from head to toe, and she'll be fit to go home."

"Can we go in and see her?" Thunder and Jiyong echoed in unison.

"Yes. But only four at a time. Hospital rules." the doctor told them, and walked away.

Jiyong brightened. Clearly, it was going to be future mother-in-law, future father-in-law, future brother-in-law and him. "Let's go!" Jiyong hurried to the ward and made a grab at the door knob.

A hand landed on his shoulder and pulled him away. Jiyong turned to come face to face with a very angry Thunder indeed. "Not so fast." Thunder narrowed his eyes.

He let his parents into the ward and then got in himself. He growled at Jiyong dangerously. "You're forbidden to see my noona, bastard hyung!"

And he slammed the door in Jiyong's face. Jiyong blinked in surprise and looked at the other members of the gang in total shock.

Minzy let out a giggle. "That was funny."

Jiyong looked at her.

The other girls and boys looked at her.

And they laughed. LOUDLY. "HAhahahahaha hyung! You got owned!" Daesung howled in laughter.

Jiyong grumbled under his breath and pouted. *Aish. I should have sent Thunder into jail with Yang Hyunwoo if I had known better.*