I can't meet you

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

"Sohee?"

The shock of seeing her ex-best friend reverberated throughout her entire being. Dara stood there in shock, staring, gaping, a whole thousand thoughts racing through her mind.

Sohee looked surprised as well, but she took it pretty lightly when she saw Dara. She got up and disposed of her mask, wiping her face with a face towel. "Oh hey."

Dara swallowed. What was this?

You're worried for your boyfriend and you go to his house to surprise him. And instead you are the one who it surprised, finding his ex-girlfriend looking completely at home in your boyfriend's house.

And what does she say? Oh hey.

"What are you doing here, Sohee?" Dara's voice trembled, her grip tightening on the box of cupcakes she brought. They were the last thing on her mind.

She looked at Sohee up and down. "This is Jiyong's house." she whispered quietly, trying not to let the hurt show. "This is Jiyong's room."

Sohee nodded and walked over to get a strawberry. "I know. I'm staying here, didn't you know?" she smirked nonchalantly. "Jiyong offered me a place to stay."

Dara felt the lump straining in , making it hard to breathe. Jiyong offered her? And didn't tell Dara anything about it?

"What are you-" Dara started, when she heard the door opening behind her.

She wheeled around and heard Jiyong's footsteps sounding throughout the hall. "Ahn Sohee, did you go to my bedroom again? How many times must I tell you to stay in the guest bedroom and there only?" Jiyong grumbled as he entered his bedroom.

"I told you I'm not interested in sleeping with-" he faltered, his eyes finally setting at the two girls in his room.

All focused on his current girlfriend and his eyes widened, feeling the dread. "Dara." he gasped.

Dara smiled weakly. "Jiyong." she whispered brokenly. "What a surprise we have here."

Jiyong swallowed and walked over to her, but Dara quickly avoided him, wanting to distance themselves. She couldn't think of any other explanation for this other than the one that hurt.

"What is Sohee doing here in your house, Jiyong?" Dara whispered quietly. "Is she the reason why you were distracted all the time?"

Her eyes widened as she looked over the past events. "Was she the girl waiting at your doorstep at Christmas?" her voice cracked.

Jiyong reached out for her but she pushed his hands away. Jiyong looked pained, but he couldn't lie. "Yes she was the one." he admitted. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I didn't want you to misunderstand."

Dara looked from her boyfriend to her ex-best friend. "There isn't anything to misunderstand when it's clear that you're having a change of heart isn't it?" she murmured.

Jiyong shook his head stubbornly, taking a step nearer to her. "No it's not like that Dara please.." he pleaded. "Sohee's just staying here because she doesn't have anywhere to go and she won't accept the money I offered her to stay at a hotel."

"And so she's staying here with you." Dara nearly laughed. Couldn't he have forced her to take the money? Can't he see her intentions for wanting to stay on?

"Dara, I'm not two timing you." Jiyong took her hand firmly, hanging on even as she tried to shrug him off. "I love you, you know it."

"And why are you being distant all these days?" Dara asked bravely, looking into his eyes.

Jiyong flinched and looked uncertain again. He decided not to care if what Dara said was true didn't he? He decided to love her with all he had. "It's nothing." he tried to convince her.

Dara closed her eyes momentarily. "I...I don't think it's nothing Jiyong. I bet you're just confuse between Sohee and me." she whispered in pain.

She looked at him, a part of her dying inside as she said it. "I'm giving you a choice now, Jiyong. Because I love you." she murmured, looking at him with tears welling in her eyes.

"Lets take a break from each other, until you're sure who you want." Dara let a tear escape and she quickly turned away and wiped it away. "Contact me when you know your answer Jiyong."

With that, she shoved the cupcakes in his arms and ran away. Jiyong felt a lump come into his throat. *Take a break from each other?* he panicked. *That means....*

"!" Jiyong cursed. "Dara! Wait!"

He choked as he put the cupcakes down and turned to go after her. He couldn't lose her. It was insanely impossible.

He couldn't, he just couldn't. What was he supposed to do when the best part of him was her? She meant more than his life right now and he couldn't let her go, no matter what he did in the past.

Jiyong took a step forward when someone grabbed onto his arm. He turned around. Sohee.

He almost forgot she was there. She looked at him with pleading eyes. "Don't go, what about me?"

"What about you? I need her, Sohee?" Jiyong growled. "I can't lose her or I'll lose myself. Get your hands off me right now."

"But...but I'm not feeling well!" Sohee fibbed. "Can't you stay?"

"Take a pill and go to sleep. I have to go after Dara." Jiyong said firmly.

He took his car keys and ran towards the door quickly, hoping fervently that Dara hadn't gone too far. What had he done? He shouldn't have kept things from her in the first place.

Now that she was leaving, the pain of the possibility made everything clear at once. He didn't care if she was a criminal, a fake, even if she did do those things Sohee said.

Because he loved her, Sandara Park. And he would accept her everything.

A thump from behind made him stop. He turned around and saw Sohee in a dead faint on the floor. He cursed and ran back into the house, hesitant inside.

But he couldn't ignore a sick person like that, it just wasn't in him. If only he knew, the girl who fainted was nothing near sick at all...

 

 

Jiyong dialed Dara's number anxiously as he waited at the hospital while Sohee was being wheeled inside. As much as it sounded cold hearted, he didn't care what was happening to Sohee.

I mean, she was in a hospital with professionals tending to her. But Dara needed him, and he needed her, now.

"Mr Kwon, can you fill in this particulars for Miss Ahn?" the nurse interrupted. "And please make sure you don't go away just yet cause we still have documents to settle for Miss Ahn's condition."

Jiyong mentally cursed and took the pen from the nurse. He heard the ringtone go off once, twice, thrice.

Dara never failed to pick up his calls beyond the third ring. And now it's nearing the sixth. Every moment that passed made Jiyong more and more anxious.

When she finally picked up, he nearly collapsed with relief. "Dara!"

She took a few moments to reply. "What do you want Jiyong? I suggest we better not meet or talk unnecessarily unless you made your choice."

Jiyong flinched. "Dara you misunderstood, I choose you. I only want you, do you understand?" he pleaded brokenly. "Sohee is nothing to me right now, you're the only one I want."

"Then can you meet me now at the cafe near your house? We have to talk, Jiyong." Dara sighed.

Jiyong flinched and looked at the nurse, who raised her brows at him. He frowned and looked back at where Sohee had been wheeled in, with the doctor still checking on her.

"I...can't."

Dara took a sharp intake of breath. "What do you mean you can't?" she whispered.

"I mean, Sohee isn't feeling well and she fainted so I must make sure that-" Jiyong tried explaining.

"Okay." Dara cut him off. "I got it. I won't bother you anymore."

With that, she hung up. Jiyong stared at his phone and cursed. "Damn!"

Things were going wrong, dreadfully wrong.