The murder

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

The thing about Dara was that she could easily forget about her unhappiness and focus on the thing she had to do on hand, putting the bright smile on her face.

Dara went to work on Monday with a bright smile plastered on her face, a genuine smile at that.

She told herself that as much as she hated Kwon Jiyong, the chances that she had to see him again were slim. Very slim.

She perked up again and cheered herself on. For how long was she going to let Jiyong have that effect on her? From this moment onwards, she will NOT waste any energy on him.

And that was how she stunned the masses of people at work with her brilliant smile on Monday, and her puppies and minions followed after her, urgently inquiring if something good had happened.

"You look good today Dara sshi." One of the male staff noted. "Did something good happen?"

Dara shook her head and smiled a bright smile. "Nope." she replied. "I just feel cheerful today."

She walked past CL and sent a smile in her direction. CL looked pleased to see that Dara was seemingly unaffected from her conflict with Jiyong as far as she could see, and resumed working with ease.

Dara went to her desk and sorted out the things she had to do for the day. A knock on her door made her look up and she smiled as Bom slipped in.

"Hey." Bom looked at her up and down. There were no black circles around her eyes like how Bom imagined and instead her cheeks were a rosy pink.

Dara laughed at Bom's astounded expression and flicked the latter's forehead. "I'm fine Bominator. Don't worry about me." she assured.

Bom made a snort. "Who said anything about worrying about you tchhh!" she pouted.

Dara just laughed and sat down at her desk to start her day's work. Even though a legal advisor at a cooperation wasn't as challenging as being a lawyer at the court room, the workload wasn't any lesser.

Dara had loads to do every single day and every second could be used to its fullest. If she hadn't been the first in law school in the past, she might not have survived without an assistant.

"Well I just want to tell you that President Yang wants you to get that report done by this afternoon and he wants it on his desk by 3pm." Bom told Dara efficiently. "Can you manage?"

Dara grinned. "You think?"

-----

"At exactly 2:45pm Dara walked out of her office with the reports printed out and checked through thoroughly twice. She strode over to President Yang's office and just at that moment, Teddy strode out from it.

They bumped and Dara's files dropped onto the floor in a mess. Teddy blinked and quickly bent down to help Dara pick up the mess.

"I'm really sorry!" Teddy apologized. "I didn't see you there."

Dara gave an easy smile. "It's fine Teddy sshi." she assured.

Teddy nodded and Dara sneaked a look at the brotherly figure that usually gave them tons of advices and smiles. He looked pale and disturbed, completely out of it.

"Are you okay, Teddy sshi?" Dara asked, concerned. "You don't look too well. Maybe you should take a rest for today."

Teddy blinked and shook his head. He picked up the remaining sheets of paper from the floor and handed it to Dara. "It's just...company matters that's bothering me." Teddy sighed. "We lost another bid on the project Dara." Teddy notified.

Dara's eyes widened. "Again?"

Teddy nodded sadly. "Yeah. I'm afraid of what will happen if we run out of projects to do and keep losing them." he sighed. He patted Dara's shoulder and smiled. "Keep up your good work alright."

Teddy walked off distractedly and Dara stared. "Oh the report!" she blinked and rushed into president Yang's office.

 

 

The Big Bang boys were lazing around in Jiyong's extra large apartment. Youngbae and Daesung had taken to the couch and were having a great time playing video games.

Seungri had disappeared into one of Jiyong's spare rooms and borrowed his hyung's laptop to watch *ahem ahem* you know..

Top was leisurely reading a book in a unusually demure manner with his legs crossed on the chair, while Jiyong sipped his various wines he kept in his cupboard for the past two years he had been away at the states.

"Ayyyy I lost again!" Daesung poured. He shot Youngbae an accusing look. "You lied didn't you? You played this before!"

Youngbae's eyes widened and he raised his hands up in defense. "I didn't!"

Daesung pouted and he laid down on the couch. "Aigoo...I'm getting a little bored with this life." he commented.

Youngbae nodded as well and slumped. "This life with no mission, this life with no danger and with nothing to do." he frowned. "When will we get a mission? Being unemployed is boring."

Top put down his book and sighed. "Yeah." he grumbled. "It's getting boring."

Jiyong nodded, looking at his bottles of wine. Even now as he looked at them, he was losing interest. They were a bunch of guys who needed action, who needed mystery.

At this point, Jiyong's phone rang. They all froze.

Seungri burst out from the room and looked at Jiyong with wide eyes. He gulped. "Who is the call from?" he asked in a dead whisper. "It's ten at night." he pointed out.

Jiyong swallowed and stared at his phone on the table top. He inched towards it slowly and heard the ring tone repeat itself again and again.

Finally while holding his breath, Jiyong reached out and took he call. "Hello?"

"YAH WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG!" Boss shouted. "THERE'S A NEW MISSION!"

Jiyong looked at s an shot a knowing look. Within the next second..

"WOOHOOOOO!!! WE ARE EMPLOYED AGAIN!!!"

-----

While on the other side...

"Hey don't you think this dress suits Minzy?" Bom asked. "It's made for her!"

Minzy winced while looking at the masses of cloth. She wrinkled her nose and shook her head. She barely ever wore skirts.

"Unnie..." Minzy made a face.

Bom pouted and nudged their maknae. "Go try it, oh?" she urged. "Before the store closes. It's already ten."

Minzy grabbed the dress and put it back on the rack. "That's why we shouldn't dally and delay the shopkeeper from closing his store right?" she persuaded.

CL looked at Dara and they both shared an amused look. They finally got out of the store with Minzy trying the dress and even buying it with Bom's insistence. Don't even doubt Bom's power really.

They were about to get a late night snack when Dara's phone rang.

She blinked in surprise. "President Hyun suk." she gasped. "Why is he calling so late?"

She answered the call politely. "Yeoboseyo Yang Sajangnim?" she greeted.

A sob broke from the other side. "Dara...can you give me legal advice right now? Teddy's dead."