The Babo

Action, Handcuffs...& Love?

"Why did you do that?" Jiyong demanded.

After the incident in the office, all the employees in the office were buzzing with this news. It travelled quickly across departments and many people twitted about it. At the end of the day, the whole building full of people had known about what happened to Dara.

Dara grabbed the insurance form and immediately drove to the insurance agency to have it filed. Jiyong followed her all the way, quiet and watching her every move with confusion.

She pleaded with the insurance director for a full two hours to have the application filed properly since it was already a day after the deadline. The insurance was invalid despite all the money paid for the employees and if anything happened within these few hours, any accident, any mishap...

The employees are NOT insured at all.

She begged and pleaded, used her charm, did everything she could to have it done. And finally the director agreed to have it legally filed even though it was already after the deadline, with a mere fine of three million won. Which was nothing compared to the substantial costs of the file wasn't filed.

They finally came out of the meeting with the matter resolved, Dara smiling a little as the things were finally alright again. Except she might have to fork out the three million won herself since it was the employee's mistake.

"Finally." Dara let out a small sigh. "I almost thought he won't agree."

Jiyong grabbed her arm and spun her around. He searched her face, frowning, swallowing hard. "Why did you do that?" Jiyong demanded.

Dara blinked at him. "What-"

"I forgot." Jiyong grounded. "I was the one who forgot about the insurance application. Why did you take the blame for me?" he asked.

Dara swallowed and turned away to hide her face. "It's nothing." she muttered. Jiyong frowned and made her look at him. "Nothing?" he asked, sounding hysterical. "Nothing?"

"That wasn't nothing Sandara Park!" Jiyong bellowed. He didn't know why he was this angry. But she shouldn't have done it. Even though he didn't have a single bit of him wounded in the process, he was hurting.

Because he made her suffer and she willingly did it.

Dara flinched away from his gaze. She looked around at the people in the insurance agency who were gathering to look at them and she shrugged his hands off. "You're attracting unnecessary attention." she hissed. "We have to get back to the company. There's a lot to be done."

She strode back to her car and Jiyong promptly plopped into the seat beside her. At least in that small space between them, there were no crowds looking and listening at their every word and exchange.

"Now there's no attention right?" Jiyong growled. "Now we can talk about-"

Dara started the engine and pressed hard on the accelerator. The car suddenly jerked forward and Jiyong sprawled in the front of the car, looking completely comical. Dara stifled a giggle and concentrated on driving.

Jiyong frowned and scrambled up again. "Damn this." He grabbed the wheel from her hands and used his agility to reach his legs over and pressed hard on the brake. The car came to a screeching stop and this time Dara was the one who sprawled in front of the wheel.

"It isn't nothing you idiot!" Jiyong continued his speech as if nothing happened between his last sentence. Dara sighed and resigned to fate. Perhaps she had to listen to him after all.

"Why did you take the blame?" Jiyong questioned, his intent gaze not letting her look anywhere else. "I was the one who forgot about it. I could have gotten fired because of it. Isn't that what you want? You don't want to see me as much as I don't want to look at you. But why..."

Dara let out a small sigh. "I'll do that for anyone." She told him. She looked at him pointedly. "You must have forgotten how you're here to find Teddy's murderer. As much as I dislike you," she threw him a disgusted glance. "I want you to stay until you find who that person is. Because he deserves to be punished for doing something like that."

She turned to him slowly. "That's why I did it. And I'll do it for anyone."

Dara cheered herself on internally for saying such a good round of speech. Yes she did it for Teddy. Because of Teddy oppa, for that marvellous oppa that stood by all of their sides.

But Dara had this suspicion that even if Kwon Jiyong wasn't here because of Teddy, even if Kwon Jiyong was really just a normal employee just her normal assistant, she would have done that. Because he was Kwon Jiyong.

Jiyong looked at her for a moment. "Oh." he nodded and settled back on his seat. "I see."

Dara nodded and started the engine again, driving back to the company. Jiyong looked at her and back at his hands. *But still you shouldn't have done it Sandara Park. You're really a babo.*

 

 

"Dara are you alright?" Bom asked urgently.

The 2NE1 girls crowded around Dara when the day ended and they all rushed to find Dara. Dara nodded with a half-smile. After she returned to the company she was immediately summoned to Yang Hyun Suk's office where he was angrily waiting for her to start with his scoldings.

It was the first time Yang Hyunsuk really screamed at her and to be completely honest, she didn't like how it felt. She hated it. Jiyong had waited in the office, pacing around as he waited for Yang Hyun Suk to be done with his scolding. It went on for a full hour and Jiyong thought it was the longest hour he had ever endured.

When Dara finally emerged out of Yang Hyunsuk's office puffy eyed, he thought he could run up to hug her. Which he didn't of course. She was still Sandara Park.

Dara smiled at the girls. "I'm fine." she ushered them out of the company building and they walked down to a nearby eatery to have their dinner. The Big Bang boys followed as well and Jiyong kept his eyes on Dara.

"Are you okay unnie?" Minzy asked. "It isn't like you to commit such a mistake."

Dara shook her head with a smile. "I'm fine." she assured. "Well you know it's human to make mista-" she started, when Jiyong cut in. "I was the one who forgot the insurance claim." he told them.

They frowned and looked at him in surprise. "Huh?"

Jiyong bit his lip. "I forgot to file the claim and Dara took the blame for me." he looked over to her, his eyes unreadable. The boys and girls looked at Dara. "Omo! You did that?"

Dara pinked. "Uhh.." she played with her fingers, I can't let Jiyong get sacked when it hasn't been a week right?" she laughed uneasily. The Big Bang members understood her real intention since she knew they were undercovers. The 2NE1 girls on the other hand scolded her on how foolish she was.

"Aigoo Dara you're always like this." Bom chided.

*She is?* Jiyong looked at Dara in surprise.

"You always put others before you, Dara." CL shook her head. "How many times must we tell you not to do that anymore?"

She looked at the guys. "She's always wiling to sacrifice and suffer herself for someone else." she told them. "One day when she falls in love with some guy, I can't imagine the magnitude of things she'd sacrifice for him. She's just a babo like that."

"Hey!" Dara pouted.

"Aigoo noona." Seungri grinned. "Let's eat something nice to make up for the sacrifices you made today okay? Kaja!"

Jiyong followed behind and watched as Dara walked. The description of Dara by the girls reminded him of the Dara he knew four years ago. Always naive, helpful and a complete angel.

But he didn't expect her to betray him.

He sighed and trudged along with them. *But they were right, Dara. You're a babo.*