Chapter 4 : A New Book

Love Can't Be Expected

Yuri POV"S

I was sitting crossed legs at our usual 'spot', waiting for Taeyeon and also Soo-Yeon. My mind then thinking about what I've had talked with Soo-Yeon yesterday. Why she would want to know about Jaejoong? Is there something happened between both of them... Impossible!! Jaejoong had never, I repeat never ever talked to any girl in this college since he first went to this college. Although many girls were crazy about him but Jaejoong just acted like a cold person, not even looked at those girls. I don't know why he's like that when he's here in this college... When I met him by the road, he was smiling at me warmly and at that time I knew that he was a different person than I knew when I first met him. I thought he was an arrogant and cold person but when he was smiling for the first time, I knew I was wrong... But, it was so weird when acted such a jerk and arrogant person in this college.. "Is he hiding something from anyone about something?" I mumbled to myself.

Someone tapped my shoulder making me turned around. "Ohhh, Taeyeon~aa.." I smiled to her slightly, gesturing her to sit beside me. Taeyeon nodded, understanding what I mean. She then sat next to me, putting her bag on her lap. I looked at her, smiling again. "Where's Soo-Yeon?" Taeyeon asked me. I shrugged both of my shoulder. "Don't know, maybe she'll be here later." I answered for her, reading my magazine back. "Ohh, there she is!" Taeyeon said, pointing. I looked up, seeing Jessica walking slowly into this building. I can't denied that she looked fabulous with her outfits. So simple and lovely! I smiled at her when she came near me. "I'm sorry for been late. Had you guys waited long?" she asked me, looking at Taeyeon then. I shook my head, smiled. "Not really, we're both just sat here." I said to her. She nodded, looking away. "You're okay, Soo-Yeon~aa? I heard from your classmates that you were hit by a ball pretty hard during gym. Is that true?" I asked her. She chuckled quietly, nodded a bit. "Yeah, I'm getting dizzy after that. I just returned home after changing my sports outfits." she answered. 

The bell than rang. Three of us walked to the hallway, heading to our locker. "Do you want to grab lunch with me later, Soo-Yeon~aa?" Taeyeon asked her. She looked at her, shook her head. "Emm, it's okay thanks. I've had something to do later so you guys just go ahead without me.." she answered, smiling. She then locked her locker and waved to both us before heading to her class. I looked at her curiously, wondering what she's going to do...

 

No One POV'S

Jessica walked to her class nervously, trying to control herself. She's feeling like butterflies in her stomach, thinking about that 'guy' that she will meet later. Hopefully, he's going to be in a good mood today... Jessica walked into her class, looking down now. A few students had took their seats, gossiping making the room buzing with their noise and chats. Jessica went to her usual place, afraid to look at her back. She tried to control herself, not wanting everyone notice her nervous. "Soo-Yeon~shhi!!" someone called Jessica making her looked up. "Yes?" she asked back, smiling a bit.

"Why don't you sit here? Why you all alone up there?" that person asked Jessica making her forehead wrinkled. Jessica then looked at her back and she just seeing a bunch of chairs at her back. Jessica pursed her lips, feeling a bit weird and little dissapoint about that guy. Jessica then nodded, packed her things. She then went to that person, who she did remembered her name. But she was kind though and also a pretty person. "Why you sit at the back? You don't like sitting in front?" that girl asked Jessica. Jessica just smiled. "It's not like that.. On my first day, I sat at that place.. So, I'll thought maybe I'll should be sitting there in this class." Jessica answered, taking out her books from her bag. A few minutes then, the lecturer walked into the class and began the lesson. Jessica felt a bit releived because she did not have to stare those scary eyes again but in the same time, she's feeling weird about herself...

"I hoped you all understand about this one because maybe this question come out for the next exam. Okay now, you may go out and thank you." said the lecturer, packing her things. The other students also packed their things, walking out from the big room. Jessica just sat there until the girl beside her tapped her shoulder. "You not going?" asked the girl, looking at Jessica confused. Jessica blinked at her, nodding then. "Emm, you go first. Don't worry about me.." Jessica answered, smiling a bit. That girl nodded before walked out from that room leaving Jessica all alone in the big room. Jessica sighed deeply, packed her things. She really want to meet that guy again, want to start all over again.. "I wonder why he's not attend today?" Jessica thought to herself, walking out from the room lazily. 

 

A few days passed

Jessica POV'S

As usual everytime I went to the class, I noticed that he's absent. It already 4 days he's not attending this class or should I said stepping to this college.. I wonder where he right now? Or did he moved to another college, but why? Is is because of that day when I saw him mad.. Maybe, but I don't know...  I don't understand him at all!! He's so cryptic even I can't know what he's going up to.. Aishhh, this man really getting on my nerves!! 

Today was holiday day. I was lied down on the couch, watching the television. My mind was thinking about him again, again, again, again and a.g.a.i.n!!!! Arghhhhhh!!!! I stood up, brushing my hair softly. Why I'm acting like this?! What's happening to me exactly, I don't even know.. Aishhh, that guy really made me crazy!!! Oh god.... I lied down back, slowly closing my eyes hoping that he went away from my mind...

 

The Next Day

No One POV'S

Jessica parked her car under a big shady tree, locking it. She then paced through the pathway heading toward the college building. "If he's not attending today then maybe I was right.. Maybe he had moved out from this college or even moved out from this country, who knows... Jessica walked to the cafeteria, hoping to buy a drink. Jessica went to a drink machine. She picked a tin of coke, sipping it slowly. The ice cold water from the coke made Jessica body shivered, cold. The weather on that day also cloudy and looked like it's going to rain... Jessica walked slowly while sipping her coke slowly. She went to her locker, picking up her files and books. 

Jessica pushed the class door with her body since her hands were fulled with things. Jessica went to her usual place since this is the English class. She put down her things on the chair on her left side. Jessica continued to sip her coke, making her more shivering. Her body shivered a few times making her chuckled to herself... Jessica took out a book and began to write something in the book. Jessica heard the chair at her right side was moving and someone took seat beside her. She just ignore the person, continued her writing until...

 

Jessica POV'S

"Hello." said a silky, soft voice. 

I stopped my writing. My eyes flicked to the person who was sitting beside me. I gasped in shock seeing the person in front of me. His figure was facing me, looking at me directly. "Sorry for disturbing you." he continued speaking. "I'm Kim Jaejoong. I didn't have chance to introduce myself to you last few days, I'm apologized.." he said, smiling a bit. I'm just kept my mouth shut, letting him finish. "You must be Jessica Jung, right?" he asked to me, looking at my face. My mind was spinning because of his attitude today... Why he been so nice??

I had to speak, he was waiting for me to say something. "Emmm, how do you know me as Jessica Jung?" I asked him, not knowing what I want to speak with him. He chuckled lightly, flashing his white teeth. "I'm sorry but your book said to me about that.." he answered me politely making me blushed. Ohhh, that's why.. I was afraid if he said he was gone because he had investigated about me!! "Ohhh.." I replied, looking away. There were many students who now taking their seat, sitting properly. I'm guessing maybe the lecturer coming now.. "Good morning, class!" said Mrs.Lee in high, child voice. The others answered her greeting, looked at her. 

Mrs.Lee smiled lightly to all of us. "Okay, I'm going to straight to the point. Today, we're going to have some expriment and I want you to partner with the person who was sitting next to you, it will amulet the time. I want all of you to open your book and turned to page 51. I want you all do that kind of test and I will be right back. Remember, be carefull with yourself and please don't make noise. I've had something to do and I'll be back. Make sure when I came back your test already set up or not I will give you all a 'surprise'!!" Mrs.Lee said seriously and a few minutes then she was nowhere from my sight. Maybe she had gone out already...

I peaked at him with the corner of my eyes. It seem like he was studying the test that we're 'both' going to do later.. I pouted my small lips, looking a few people who was already starting their test. "A little help here.." he said beside me, not looking at me. I flickered my eyes to him, looking at him with confused. "I'm sorry, what?" I asked him again, footling. He set his eyes to mine, locking my gaze to him. "Can you help me here? I'll need a little help here.." he said quietly, looking back at the book. I pursed my lips stupidly, arguing with myself... "Should I get closer to him? But what if he thinks that I'm just only taking advantages to him?! I don't want that..." I thought to myself. Slowly, I pulled my chair until I sat beside him, our shoulder almost touching. 

"What's wrong?" I said quietly. It almost like a whispering to someone. He looked up to me and much to my surprise his face was just a few inch away from me. I can felt his hot breath from his nose, breathing in and out. "I'll need you to do this part while I'm doing this part. Is that okay?" he asked me, looking back at the book. I nodded quietly, not sure he noticed or not. I opened my book, turning to page 51. As I looked to that test, it was not so hard. At San Francisco, I'll already finished this chapter 1 month ago. This would be easy as ABC... I smiled to myself and starting to answer the test with easy ways. Sometimes, I peaked at him and it seem like he's doing quietly, looked liked that he really knew about that deeply. About 10 minutes later, I sighed in relieved. I've had finished this test. Great! 

I turned my look to him and it seem that he already finished that test too. "Emmm, had you finished?" I asked quietly, looking at his book, trying to avoid his gaze. "Yes." he answered. I looked at the other student who was like a crazy people searching for the right answer. I can see some of them scratching their heads, feeling dumb maybe... "Do you like studied here?" I heard he asked me, looked like he's forcing himself to have a small talk with me. I shrugged, not knowing what to answer. "I don't know... Everything great here.." I said quietly, locking my eyes to his chair. "You sure? I can sense that you're telling me opposite from what you're feeling.." he persisted, like he's knowing what getting on my mind. 

I smiled a bit, pressing my lips. "I don't know.. I just new here. Maybe I don't get used for this new situation." I answered him, hoping he would understand. "If you said so, then why you moved to this college?" he continued, looking at me directly now. I'm feeling nervous now, sitting uncomfartable. No one had asked me like that. He the first one who asked me and I don't know if I should answer that question. "Well, it just complicated.." I told him. He smiled to me, pressing his lips tightly. "I'm sure I can keep up with you." he pressed me. I bite my lips softly, trying to think the right words. "Well, I moved here because I want to be alone for myself.." I said to him. "That doesn't sound good.. Why?" he still asked me. I paused for a moment, shook my head. "Emm, my parents was busy with their things.. So maybe I should made myself alone here.." I answered him sadly, I can sure he also can sense my sad feeling. 

"Ohhh, and now you're not happy, right?" he pointed out, looked at me. 

I looked at him, raising my eyebrows. "Then?" I challenged him. He smiled before continued. "Well, you don't have to do that you know.. I'll knew what you're feeling when you're trying to get your parents attention but still they busy with their works.. Yeah, it's complicated..." he told me, quiet voice. I pressed my lips, trying to get for his words. "I knew that sometimes you think life isn't fair... And I think it also hit me with those words.." he murmured, smirked to me. I just smiled a bit, blushing. "Well then, nice to meet you.." he continued, smiling now. I can see in his eyes that he was friendly, open person today.. I just nodded. "It's looked like I'm having a new book.." I thought to myself, smiling happily..