The aftermath

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

To say the wolves were badly shaken from this experience with the vampires was a severe understatement.

They were thoroughly thoroughly afraid, like ants who have always lived in a two dimensional world that finally realized the dangers in the three dimensional one.

The wolves didn't need telling once more. They didn't even need the leaders to group them and split their jobs.

They made sure the boundary was thoroughly sealed and placed double the spells around them. They searched every possible corner of their territory, even the woods and all the caves to look for bats or traces of the vampires.

It seemed like they were all gone.

The feeling of the small and close knitted community of theirs was greatly similar to how a country would after they faced a disaster. Like Japan after the earthquake. US after the 9-11 incident.

Everyone became closer and more bonded, the differences between the two packs were less obvious too. They didn't care if their neighbor who was from a different pack needed help, they gave it.

There were quite a lot of injured werewolves, but most of them slight grazes and bruises. The ones with more serious injuries were Teen Top and Gongchan since they arrived the earliest. And not to mention Chunji, Miyoung and their parents.

The whole gang was sent to the hospital for immediate patching up and the best doctors were summoned. The pack leaders had the privilege of recuperating at home since it was more comfortable there, and the doctors followed them over to monitor their condition twenty four seven.

On the other hand, our Teen Top boys stayed in the hospital but in the higher class wards since they were the saviors of all werewolf kind.

With their mates in the hospital, the girls were really anxious and came visiting every single day.

"L.Joe oppa, sure you don't want another apple?" Mihye asked uncertainly. "An apple a day keeps the doctor away, and seeing your condition, you need that."

L.Joe was one of the worst injured out of Teen Top next to Chunji. Reason being he didn't like to lose, and continued to fight even when he obviously didn't have the energy to.

He looked over at her and raised a brow. "You sure that helps?" he grinned. "You feed me apples everyday but look where I am now?" he tried to gesture at the hospital with his hands but failed cause his right arm was in a cast.

Mihye pouted. "Arraso arraso." she grumbled. "You're injured from head to toe but the only thing of yours that's not damaged is your sarcasm."

L.Joe chuckled and poked her forehead. "I'm showing you that I'm fine, babe. Or would you rather I whine and groan all day like Ricky does?"

"HEY!" a shout could be heard from next door.

Mihye giggled and smiled at L.Joe. "I love you the way you are."

-----

Next door, Ricky was in the same ward as Jaemi, request granted since they were mates. Jaemi suffered some injuries too since she fought with the guys, but hers weren't as serious as Ricky's because he blocked several hits from her. He pouted as the nurse helped with the changing of the bandage for his chest and kept whining.

"Jaemi noona~ Can't you help me with this instead?" Ricky whined. He shot the nurse a look. "I don't want another woman besides you touching me." he pouted cutely.

The nurse raised an eyebrow while Jaemi rolled her eyes. "Will you quit being a baby?" she grumbled. "I can't even sleep properly with you whining all day."

The nurse chuckled softly and finished with the bandaging. She walked out and closed the door, but not before saying, "Have a nice rest you two. You're a cute pair."

Jaemi blinked while Ricky clapped his hands happily. "Did you hear that noona! She said we were cute together!" he grinned brightly, as he seemed to forget how he had been whining about his injuries just moments before.

-----

On the other hand, Kyungmi was tending to Changjo and Gongchan who had been admitted to the same ward. They were at opposite ends of the hospital room and the tension was thick whenever Kyungmi wasn't around and left the both of them.

Kyungmi was helping Gongchan to peel an orange since he said he felt a little hungry. Gongchan watched closely as Kyungmi peeled the orange carefully, and took in her subtle beauty. She finished peeling and looked up with a smile to hand the orange to Gongchan, and was startled at his intent gaze.

Gongchan took it from her, "accidentally" touching her fingers in the process. Kyungmi retracted her hand instantly and bit her lip, staring at the ground. Changjo frowned from the opposite bunk, anger flaring inside.

"Kyungmi! I want a pear! Can you cut it for me?" he called sweetly from the other side.

Kyungmi jumped up, glad to back away from the awkwardness with Gongchan. She took a pear from the pile of gifts that were sent to them and began cutting it up carefully. Changjo smiled at her brightly, his heart warming at the sight of her caring for him.

"Feed me Kyungmi~" Changjo beamed, opening his mouth. "Ahhh~"

Kyungmi shook her head, giggling. "You're impossible." But she still popped one piece of the pear into his mouth. Changjo smiled and chewed, making a blissful expression. "It tastes great!" he praised.

Gongchan scowled from the other side. "Yah Changjo you have hands! Eat it yourself!" he scolded.

Changjo frowned. "I like Kyungmi feeding me." he retorted. "Why? I deserve her attention more than you do." he made a face.

Gongchan glared at Changjo and he sat upright in his bed. "What the hell? I'm her best friend!" he scolded.

"Oh yeah?" Changjo fired back.  "I'm her new friend that's been doing things for her that her best friend doesn't bother about!"

Gongchan and Changjo glared at each other intensely and Kyungmi couldn't help but gulp at the way things were turning out. "I uh...I'll check up on Niel and CAP to see if they need help." she squeaked and ran out of the ward.

Gongchan and Changjo watched her go and scowled at each other. "It's all because of you that she ran away!" they said in unison.

-----

"Miyoung you're so beautiful." Chunji whispered as he used a finger to trace her eye brows and following the bridge of her nose. Miyoung was sleeping soundly, still tired out from the fight that took more energy than she could offer.

Chunji saw her tossing and turning and he limped over to her bed, squeezing in beside her. He laid down beside her and brought her head to rest on his chest and she automatically snuggled in his warmth. The tossing and turning and all restlessness immediately ceased.

Chunji casually caressed Miyoung's cheeks and brushed the stray hairs out of her face. His fingers her hair absent-mindedly as he watched her sleep.

His angel.

"You're really like an angel from heaven Miyoung." Chunji whispered softly. "You're a heaven sent."

Miyoung seemed to hear him in her sleep and a small smile tugged at her lips as she curled closer to him. Chunji brought her nearer and covered the blanket firmly around them both. He studied her sleeping face and smiled, seeing the peace in her expression while she slept.

It was such a relief to see that expression on her face after he saw her suffer while fighting with the vampires. The worry, the fear, the pain.

Chunji brought out her left hand and flinched when he saw the red scar that was imprinted on her wrist when the silver spoon landed on her hand. He caressed the raw skin softly and looked over to the smiliar red mark on his right palm. *We even have couple scars.* he chuckled softly.

The vibration from his chest seemed to stir Miyoung slightly and he stifled his laughter hurriedly. Miyoung slowly curled back to sleep and Chunji smiled. *I'm so glad you're safe, Miyoung. I don't know what I'll do if anything happens to you.*

He pressed a soft kiss on her temple and shut his eyes to meet her in dream land.

"I love you Miyoung. My angel."