The start of the season

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

15 The Start of the Season


When Miyoung arrived back at the werewolf town, it was already dawn. She had spent the entire night playing with this child that had wondered out of it's cot and out of it's home. It was adorable.

Miyoung had never come so close to a child before to let it touch her. She had noticed this hut for quite some time now. She knew that there was a father and mother, a six year old sister and then this toddler, which she presumed was a guy. Sometimes when it was Full Moon, she would hide in the corner to look at them while they set up a fire outside their house and gathered while they talked.

They weren't very rich, they lived in huts without electricity. However Miyoung really admired the love in their family that was radiating from them. The way they cared for each other so naturally, it reminded her of her own family. It reminded of her of her pack.

However, there were times when she felt that this rivalry between the Park and Lee packs should stop. They were all werewolves to begin with. There wasn't anything much to dislike about each other.

However, everytime she thought that she would run into Chunji and her hatred for the Lee pack wolves would deepen, thus making it impossible for her to forget. What attracted Miyoung to this family was how she wanted something like that of her own.

She didn't need to have the most handsome husband ever. She didn't need to have riches and a large house. She didn't need to be drinking high tea in a restaurant while a nanny followed along, tending to her baby. She wanted a simple family like that, just her, her lover, and perhaps their children and she knew she would be satisfied.

When she saw that the child had wondered out of the hut the night before, she couldn't help but go play with it. Her motherly instincts had heightened after the exchange and she desperately wanted to have a baby at that instant. *Funny thought.* she had scolded herself. *I haven't even found my mate yet.*

Miyoung trotted slowly back to town, only to find that there was a whole gang of werewolves gathered in the centre of the parade square. She slowly stopped and felt sunlight shining on her skin and her bones feeling squishy and slightly painful. She closed her eyes for a moment feeling everything shrink and when she opened them, she had returned to her human form.

She looked around and saw that all the rest of the wolves had turned back into humans, but there was still this air of excitement around her. They were chattering excitedly and Miyoung looked around, half expecting a vampire to appear.

Chunji walked back to town and caught sight of Miyoung. He pretended not to see her and walked in the opposite direction, not ready to face the reasons why he had stayed all night before to watch her. Instead, he found that something had happened to cause restlessness in the people that morning.

He approached the Teen Top members and tapped L.Joe on the shoulder. "Byunghun ah. What happened here?" he asked curiously.

L.Joe cocked his head towards Ricky who was jumping up and down in excitement, wanting to explain since L.joe can't be bothered to do so. Chunji nodded at Ricky. "Yes Ricky, what happened?"

"Mate!" Ricky squealed. "The first pair of mates of this season has been found!"

 

 

According to what Miyoung learned from Gongchan and Kyungmi, this was what happened.

 

Most of the wolves had arrived back at the town square after their night of being in their wolf form. They were howling and brushing their fur leisurely, but some of them had noticed that something was wrong with Jiyong's behavior.

Kwon Jiyong was one of the Park pack wolves and he had always been rather cool and collected, never talking to girls and socializing. He was thought to be rather handsome however, and his coldness added to his charm.

The Kwon Jiyong who never talked to girls or even looked at them, suddenly appeared attraced to one particular girl that morning: Sandara Park.

Dara was another girl from the Park pack who was cute and carefree all the time. Several guys liked her because of her cuteness and bright smile but she always told them that she would never date anyone besides her mate.

And that morning, Dara had been waiting for the sun to rise so that she could return to her human form, when one of the other male wolves came to disturb her. He caught Dara's tail in his mouth and wouldn't let go even when Dara howled at him for it. Dara frowned, but the male wolf insisted on flirtting with her, apparently attracted.

And at that moment when Dara first let out a sigh, Kwon Jiyong appeared out of nowhere and banged his head against the male wolf's chest, causing him to let go with a yelp. He growled dangerously at the male wolf, showing his large sharp teeth.

The male wolf gulped in fear and ran away quickly. At this point all eyes were attracted to the scene that was happening right in front of their eyes but Jiyong didn't seem to notice. He turned around and his eyes were fixed on Dara's and she couldn't turn away as well.

He walked towards her slowly and nuzzled her cheek while her eyes fluttered close. All the people, or should I say wolves, watching gasped in shock but Jiyong didn't care. He her on the muzzle and then at the corner of . Everyone was shocked, because in wolf form, that was considered a very intimate action that you only did with your mate.

Dara didn't push him away. In fact, she was rooted to the ground. And that was when everyone knew that they had found their first pair of mates.

 

"That's so romantic!" Miyoung cooed excitedly. She twirled around and grabbed Kyungmi's hand tightly. "It has started! The Mating Season!"

 

 

The next day when the wolves when to school, Jiyong and Dara went together, their hands linked together with familiar pink tints on their faces. People crowded around them immediately, curious. Jiyong held onto Dara tighter and led her though the crowd, not wanting to answer any questions.

"Is it true that they've already given you two an apartment?" people asked as Jiyong led Dara along.

Jiyong frowned and ignored the question again. It was difficult when all these wolves hadn't any experience of their own in this mating season and everyone wanted to know a little of theirs. However, he didn't want to share.

But the questions were flooding in and Jiyong realized that there was no way that they could get to class without answering those questions. He sighed and stopped, standing in front of Dara protectively.

He turned to look at her and she nodded subtly with a small smile. He turned to face the crowd. "Yes, we are mates now." he gritted out. "And yes we have been given an apartment but we haven't moved in yet and will do so this afternoon. You'll get to know this when you find your own mate so please don't bother us about it. You'll never be able to understand it unless you experience it for yourself."

With that, he grabbed Dara's hand and dragged her off protectively, growling at anyone who dared to come near them.

Chunji had seen the entire thing together with Teen top and was burning with curiosity. You'll never understand until you expereince it for yourself? What did it feel like, honestly? Because he had no idea how it would feel to grow so attached to a female suddenly.

"It's hard to imagine that that guy's Kwon Jiyong, isn't it?"  Niel asked. The Teen Top members all nodded.

"Yeah. It's hard to imagine that Kwon Jiyong actually nuzzled a girl." Changjo shuddered. "I mean, he's always hostile and cold and doesn't even talk to girls. And now he's right there defending Sandara Park like his life depended on it. It's so difficult to imagine don't you think?"

"Don't you want to know what went on inside him that made him change lke this?" CAP asked curiously. "I really want to know how that felt."

Chunji nodded and walked along with the rest of the members quietly. He frowned as he tapped his chin carefully. He really wondered how it was like to finally find your mate when you've been thinking about it since you were a young wolf. It made him slightly envious of Kwon Jiyong and Sandara Park that they found each other so quickly.

His mind suddenly travelled to Miyoung the previous night when he caught sight of her with Gongchan and Kyungmi. Coincidentally, she was wearing a white dress and it made Chunji think of her white fur as a wolf as she played with the child with such kindness and gentleness.

A sudden shiver went down his spine and he shook his head to clear his thoughts. *Aish Lee Chanhee.**

 

 

Miyoung squealed as she held onto Kyungmi. "Don't you think it's romantic how Kwon Jiyong changed completely because of Dara unnie?" she asked, smiling. "Awww I can't wait to meet my mate!"

Gongchan shook his head chuckling softly as he ruffled her hair. He looked at Kyungmi as well. "Do you girls like guys like that?"

Kyungmi pinked. *I like guys like you.* she thought. "Uhmm...." she murmured.

Miyoung laughed at Kyungmi's embarrassed face. "Aww Kyungmi's too pure for something like this." she teased lightly. She tapped her chin. "Well I don't think girls like Jiyong sshi's type specifically, but we like someone who treats us differently from the way he treats other girls." she answered thoughtfully.

Gongchan looked at Miyoung. "I treat you differently."

Miyoung giggled and slapped his arm playfully. "That's different. I's because we're best friends!" she laughed. "Aigoo."

She hopped off by herself, leaving Gongchan and Kyungmi together. Kyungmi smiled sadly at Gongchan. "Don't take what she says to heart I guess." she could only murmur.

"Do you have anyone you hope that would turn out as your mate?" Gongchan asked Kyungmi.

Kyungmi gulped. *Yes you.* She swallowed uneasily. "Uhm no, I guess."

Gongchan nodded and smiled at her. "I wish you'd find a mate you like too, Kyungmi." he patted her head. Kyungmi let out a sigh. *I just want you.*