Weird Chunji

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

"This can't be happening!!!" Chunji grabbed fistfuls of his hair and screamed into his pillow.

After he had heard Jiyong's description of how he was attracted to Dara, Chunji felt shivers down his spine. Everything that Jiyong said was exactly what he felt for Miyoung, and it frightened him.

Before he even knew he had moved, he already bounded out of the door and was already halfway across town.

He went back home straight from Jiyong's house and locked himself in his room, relieved that his parents hadn't been home to question his strange behavior.

He had been sulking for three hours since and still the distress and agony hasn't decreased a single bit.

"What the hell is happening to me!" Chunji cried out and rolled on his bed like a lunatic and kicking his legs wildly.

He calmed down for a bit and took three deep breaths. One. Two three.

"Okay Chunji, this is no cause for alarm." he said to himself in a steady voice that cracked a little. "You're just thinking too much." he murmured.

He sat up on his bed and felt serene and calm for once. He smile to himself as he thought of how the Lee pack and Park pack were rivals for centuries. Their ancestors had even forgotten why they hated each other and only knew to continue this hatred.

Slowly as he continued thinking further, he began more and more calm and sure of himself.

He recalled the time when Miyoung and him were five and their parents attended the Ministry's dinner. The leaders had to sit at the same table, unfortunately and Miyoung was sitting on the opposite side of it, facing him.

He recalled disliking her a lot, that prim and proper girl that smiled cutely when people pinched her cheeks and cooed how pretty she was in her pink dress.

He had disappeared under the table and crawled over to where Miyoung was and pushed her down the chair unexpectedly. She cried loudly, but not before pouring a whole glass of orange juice on his head.

The more he thought, the more he was convinced that Miyoung and him weren't possible.

He remembered the time when he got his first girlfriend, at eight years old. Yes eight. But you're forgetting this is Chunji we're talking about.

When he took his girlfriend to his house to play, Miyoung had unexpectedly crossed his paths with sheer coincidence. She told his first girlfriend that he didn't like to bathe and he ate worms, which his girlfriend unfortunately believed and ran away.

He remembered when they were both thirteen and Miyoung had gotten the first in school. She was about to go up to the stage to get her trophy and say her thanks, when she found that she couldn't stand up.

Chunji had put ultra strong super glue on her seat and he remembered laughing wildly at her annoyed howl.

Chunji chuckled, pleased with himself. "Of course you and Miyoung aren't possible, Chunji!" he retorted, realizing how stupid it was for him to think that way. "Even if it's a little attraction, it's nothing! I bet you want nothing more than go out with another girl right now!"

The moment he said this to himself and reached for his phone to call up one of his backup girls, he froze. The thought of going out with another girl somehow disgusted him and he really felt like puking.

He swallowed and suddenly the Inge of Miyoung laughing came into his mind. Her pretty lips curled upwards in a bright smile, her eyes twinkling like they always did when she was excited. Her laugh that sounded wonderfully like a song, and the joy that she spread to everyone when they saw her laugh.

Chunji stiffened, feeling something inside him stir. He shook his head.

"From this day onwards, Lee Chanhee, you're going to avoid Park Miyoung at all costs." he muttered firmly. "AT ALL COSTS."

 

 

Miyoung straightened up when Chunji went into class on Monday. She was really shocked when Chunji ran out all of a sudden during the interview.

She honestly thought something was wrong but she couldn't imagine what. She didn't see him getting a call nor did she see him reading a text message that conveyed bad news.

The only thing Chunji did the whole time was listen to Jiyong intently. Now that she thought of it, Chunji seemed to be paying Jiyong a whole lot more of attention than he usually did to the couples that they interviewed.

Miyoung scratched her head. *What could be wrong?*

Her eyes followed Chunji as he came into class and frowned when he chose to walk to the other end of the classroom and making a big loop before arriving at his seat, instead of waking past her like he always did.

Usually, he hard the chance to walk past her and insult her or . It seemed to be their daily routine and now that he chose not to do it, it was really strange.

The other wolves in class too noticed the difference and were whispering amongst themselves.

"Hey Chunji seems to be ignoring you today." Kyungmi whispered to Miyoung.

Miyoung nodded and peeked at Chunji from the corner of his eye. He seemed restless and listless at the same time, if it was even possible.

She bit her lip, wondering what had gotten into him. The teacher came into class and Miyoung straightened up, pushing Chunji to the back of her mind.

The lesson progressed smoothly, and Miyoung almost forgot about Chunji as her brain took over with logic and knowledge. That was, until the teacher chose her to read a passage.

Miyoung stood up and read smoothly, without stutters, at a reasonable and pleasant pace. She continued with enthusiasm, until she felt someone looking at her intently.

She peeked from behind her bangs an was surprised to see Chunji watching her every move like a hawk. Her cheeks unconsciously flushed and she stumbled over a word, reading pink as pig.

The class laughed. "Girls don't wear pigs Miyoung. They wear pink." the teacher chuckled. "Go on."

Miyoung nodded and continued, but the curiosity had doubled now. She had just made a mistake in front of everyone and Chunji hadn't uttered a single word. And why was he looking at her like that?

The usual Chunji would no doubt jump at the chance to insult her and make fun of her. He thrived in that. But this Chunji wasn't doing so and Miyoung felt extremely odd.

The lesson ended after some time and her best friends leaned over to her. "Chunji's behaving weird today huh?" Kyunmi murmured. "He didn't even say anything when you made that mistake."

Gongchan nodded. "I thought he would take any chance to insult you, Miyoung." he admitted. He didn't like how Chunji always treated Miyoung but at the same time envied him because he could chase girls so easily. He would give anything to be able to be able to do that to Miyoung.

Miyoung tapped her chin and frowned. "If I insult him and he doesn't insult me back, something's got to be wrong, right?" she wondered out loud.

Miyoung waited by the door as Teen Top walked past. Chunji loitered at the back of the group, hesitant to approach Miyoung. It took all his determination not to look at her today, and he still found himself gazing in her direction when she we reading the passage earlier because he thought she couldn't see.

*What is she doing!* Chunji thought exasperatedly. *She always asks me to leave her alone and now that I am, she chooses to stand there by the door so I have to walk past her. Damn this.*

He pretended not to see her and walked straight, hoping that she didn't notice him. Little did he know her eyes were fixed on him all along.

"Eww Lee Chanhee didn't you sleep yesterday night?" she retorted once he passed. "You look like a zombie. Even worse than Kungfu Panda you know."

Chunji ignored her and walked on, trying not to breath too deep such that her scent affected him.

Miyoung frowned. What was wrong?

She took one step forward and continued. "Cat got your tongue, Lee Chanhee?" she taunted. "Not answering means you admit defeat you know?"

Chunji stiffened and stopped several steps in front of her. Miyoung bit back a smile. *Aha!*

Instead of turning behind and going on full blast to insult her, he took a step forward. And another. And began walking away from her.

Miyoung's jaw dropped opened in surprise and she gaped at Chunji.

"Okay. Something is wrong.." she murmured, shaking her head in disbelief. "This Lee Chanhee is too weird to be true."