Their Fourth Interview

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

"You say what?" Chunji nearly dropped the thousand year old ginseng in his shock.

He slammed the ginseng on the table and made Changjo's mother drop her knitting needles in fright. "What the!" Chunji growled. "How can she go running away like this with her leg like that?"

Changjo seemed to shrink several sizes smaller. "Because she's Park Miyoung?"

Chunji let out a groan and rubbed the back of her neck. Precisely. None of the other girls would give him problems like this one did.

He snapped his phone open and dialed the military hotline. "Yes? This is Chunji. Yes THE LEE CHANHEE." he emphasized. "No there are no terrorists but I want a helicopter mobilized right now."

He gritted his teeth. "What do you mean you can't do that?" he snapped. "I'm Lee Chanhee! Do it!" with that, he hung up on the call and let out a snarl.

"That girl better be in one piece when i find her." he growled and stalked off without even saying goodbye to Changjo.

Changjo smiled at his mother apologetically. "Mianhae umma. Hyung isn't always like this." he squeaked. His mum just smiled. "I have a feeling, as long as this Park Miyoung is around him, this side of him will never go away."

-----

Chunji whipped out a beanie and cupped it over his hair irritably. A helicopter ride was disastrous for people who cared for their hair.

And Chunji LOVED his hair.

He looked into the reflection of his phone and frowned, seeing the messy bits of his hair wriggling out from under the beanie. "Aish!" he cursed. "Park Miyoung. I'm going to kill you if you didn't have a good reason for running off yourself like that."

The helicopter took off and departed from the field outside Changjo's house. Changjo and his mother stared in awe, and Chunji flew off.

It took less than ten minutes for the helicopter to get to the destination. Chunji got off urgently and nodded to the military officer who has flown the helicopter just for Chunji.

He looked around him and frowned at what a secluded area it was. It was well amongst the mountains, the rural parks of the Werewolf territory. It was similar to the place where Grandma and Grandpa Kim stayed. (If you remember, their second couple for the project.)

"What's with Miyoung and coming to places like this where Tarzan most slightly lives?" Chunji muttered under his breath and checked his phone. He had signal from Miyoung's phone's GPS and it showed that she was just around the corner.

Chunji immediately took off towards that direction and ran with all his might. He saw a shabby hut amongst the greens and his teeth clenched. His mate was in there. With possible danger that he didn't know. He needed to save her.

Chunji didn't bother to knock and he flung the door opened, barging inside. The people inside jumped in shock and as this intruder came into their midst.

Miyoung dropped her cup of tea and splattered some on herself, but she didn't even notice. "Lee Chanhee?" she gasped. "What...How...Why...?" she stuttered.

Chunji strode over to her angrily and hauled her up. "What the hell?" he cursed. "How can you come prancing over here by yourself when your leg's like this?" he chided. "Do you want to die?"

"Do I look dead to you?" Miyoung retorted, rolling her eyes. "I'll be getting this bandages off tomorrow! I'm fine!" she huffed.

Chunji eyed her leg. "You might be fine tomorrow but for now, your leg is still injured!" he hissed. "What the hell? Couldn't you have brought someone with you or something?" he scolded. "I nearly died of fright when Kyungmi suddenly called me and told me that you booked a train ticket here and ran off by yourself!

"Aish tell tale." Miyoung murmured under her breath. She looked up at him fiercely. "Well I thought since I had the afternoon free, I wanted to check up this couple that was on the front page on every website nowadays!" she snapped. "I would have asked you along but you weren't home when I got there!"

"That's because I went to stea-" he faltered, clearing his throat. He eyed her. "That's because I went to get something important." *For you.* he added in his mind.

He frowned at her. "Who's this important couple anyway?" he looked away from her and for the first time, inspected the other people and things in the hut except for Miyoung.

His eyes widened when he realized that he ha barged into a little cozy meeting right then. There was a girl who was lying on a mattress, looking pale and sick, while another male wolf was looking at them with amusement. "You're done?" the male wolf asked.

Chunji humphed and collected his expression. "Almost." he grumbled.

Miyoung ignored his childishness and introduced them formally. "I'm sorry about that Jaehyuk sshi. This is my partner for the project I was talking about, Lee Chanhee."

"Chunji." He corrected. "Also her mate." he added while grinning widely, causing Miyoung to elbow him in the tummy.

"Um Chanhee, these are Jaehyuk and Soojin. They're mates." Miyoung explained.

Soojin smiled weakly from her bunk and waved. "Nice to meet you." the effort it took for her to talk seemed monumental and she couched heavily after that, making Jaehyuk pat her chest lightly.

Chunji wanted to ask why Soojin was lying there, when Jaehyuk answered for him. Gesturing for them to sit, Jaehyuk sighed while caressing his mate's cheek. He waited till Soojin fell back asleep to continue talking.

"Soojin's been sick for three years now." Jaehyuk explained. "Leukemia, they said. Couldn't do anything about it."

Miyoung bit her lip and continued listening. Chunji felt her shudder and reached over to take her hand, squeezing it lightly. "They really can't do anything to save her?" Chunji asked sympathetically. "I'm the next Lee Leader. I can get the best docters there are-"

"It's not necessary." Jaehyuk sighed and rubbed his temples. "They already said she's in the terminal stage of the illness. We can do nothing to help her." he looked haggard, like he was taking care of Soojin every night for the past three years.

"Jaehyuk sshi..." Miyoung whispered, her voice cracking.

"How long..." Chunji bit his lip, not knowing how to continue asking this. It was awkward, it was uncomfortable. CHunji had never had to see anything like this in his life. The saddest parts of life that are most of the times being covered up by other happy things in the world.

"The last time we saw the doctor," Jaehyuk whispered. "He said Soojin had three months." He swallowed back tears and glanced at his mate. "And that was more than three months ago."

Chunji took a large intake of breath while Miyoung fought a sob. Jaehyuk watched as Soojin slept. "Every day is a miracle." he muttered. "Every time she sleeps, I don't know if it'll be the last time I see her alive." he murmured, his eyes too tired to cry.

He closed his eyes momentarily and looked at them. "And soon it'll be my turn."

"What do you mean?" Chunji asked, frowning, holding Miyoung by her shoulders as she bent her head down to hold in the tears.

Jaehyuk chuckled bitterly. "Haven't you heard?" he asked. "Certain pairs of werewolves, especially pairs of mates that are really really in love..." he sighed. "They don't live long after their other halves die."

He took Soojin's hand and put it to his face. "I, for one, know that I love Soojin dearly. Even if I weren't a wolf, I'd never be able to survive if she's gone." He kissed Soojin's knuckles softly. "It's just too bad that we only had that short of a time in our life."

Miyoung finally couldn't take it and her tears fell down her cheeks. She ran out of the house, not wanting for her sobs to be able to wake Soojin. Chunji wanted to go after her, but he looked at Jaehyuk hesitantly.

"Go." Jaehyuk nodded. "I can take care of Soojin."

With that, Chunji ran out to comfort Miyoung. For now, he had this desire to cherish everything they had together.

Even her single tear.