Trouble

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

Miyoung flexed her muscles and looked around sharply. She didn't know why Chunji made that little competition up, but she wasn't going to let it down so easily.

She looked around eagerly for some small animal to catch, but didn't find any. The animals seemed to sense her arrival, and Miyoung blamed her pure white fur for that.

The sky was getting darker by the minute and her fur was getting more and more obvious in the dark. Even as Miyoung stayed exceptionally quiet, the other animals in the wood would spot her.

Miyoung made a face and continued treading carefully through the forest, not wanting to make a noise to scare away potential preys. She walked through half the journey, when she suddenly stopped.

A smile crept onto her face and she quickly hid behind a tree.

There was a small squirrel that had gotten down the tree and picking up acorns, nibbling. It looked rather young, just a little bigger than a baby. Miyoung deduced it was that that caused it to be so ignorant about its surroundings.

Miyoung carefully made her way towards the squirrel without making a single noise. The squirrel continued stuffing itself with acorn after acorn.

Miyoung finally flexed, and pounced. Her paws landed swiftly, and suddenly a loud clang could be heard.

The squirrel scurried away quickly, while Miyoung's attention was no longer on the squirrel. She whimpered and collapsed on the ground with a cry.

It was so painful.

She let out a howl.

-----

Chunji trotted back down to the bar of the mountain and saw his friends already waiting. He grinned and flicked his tail as a greeting and Ricky waved enthusiastically.

"Hyung! You came back so fast!" Ricky's eyes widened. "We only just stepped out of the cable car!"

Chunji smirked and swished his tail about, a cocky expression on his face. "Ugh, even as a wolf he's still so intolerable." L.Joe muttered under his breath.

Chunji shrugged and looked back where he came from. He was a quick hunter, it didn't surprise him that he won. The only thought was, how long would it take for Park Miyoung to come back?

He chuckled softly. *That stupid girl might even stop to talk to the raccoons if I didn't know better.*

The gang waited for Miyoung, huddled together as the sky turned darker.

They waited, and waited. And waited.

"Why do you think Miyoung's taking such a long time?" Gongchan asked worried, frowning deeply.

Niel bit his lip in thought. "Do you think she's finding it hard to catch the animals because she's white in color? White is easy to spot." he commented.

"True." Kyungmi nodded. She shot Changjo a worried glance. "But Miyoung had never let her white fur become her weakness. Her agility makes up for her flaw."

Chunji swallowed and looked back into the woods. He couldn't see past the third row of trees inside, and it was saying a lot, especially when his wolf eyes are sharper than humans.

A shiver ran down his spine and he stiffened. A feeling hit him, and he instantly knew something was wrong. Something gnawing at the pits of his stomach, at his chest, at his whole being. He was so uncomfortable, as if another Lee Chanhee in the parallel universe was being tortured at this instant.

Even before Miyoung's pained howl was heard, Chunji bounded of into the woods. Now he knew why they said mates couldn't separate. Why when one died, the other followed.

When he heard Miyoung's howl for help, he felt a surge of pain through his whole body, as if he was the one being tortured. The worry gripped his heart, squeezing it in a manner that made it hard to breath.

Chunji quickly ran into the forest, and some of the other wolves transformed and soon followed. Gongchan changed first, bounding into the woods, followed by CAP and L.Joe.

L.Joe turned around an glared at the two maknaes and Kyungmi. "Don't follow." his eyes said, and he ran off to look for Miyoung as well.

Kyungmi opened to protest, but Changjo squeezed her hand and shook his head. "Let them. They need someone here for backup."

On the other hand, Chunji was well halfway through the forest when Gongchan, CAP and L.Joe decided how to split up to find Miyoung.

His sharp eyes darted around for any smallest movements about. *Park Miyoung. Where the hell are you?* he thought worriedly, running and darting the trees.

A soft whimper reached his ears and he immediately stopped in his tracks, listening for more. A louder howl was heard this time and Chunji bounded in the direction where it came from.

"Miyoung!" Chunji hollered as he changed back into human form while running towards her.

She was lying as a heap of white fur, that was stained with blood red. While she had attempted to catch that squirrel, she had accidentally stepped into a hunter's trap and her back leg was caught in the steel claws of the trap.

She lost a lot of blood, from what Chunji noticed, and he quickly reached her side. "!" he cursed at the deep holes the claws of the trap had dug into Miyoung's leg.

He carefully lifted her left leg and pried the trap open with his sheer force. Miyoung whimpered, shuddering.

"It's okay. It's going to be over soon." Chunji cooed and took her bloody leg out of the trap as carefully as he could. From what he saw, she couldn't walk at all. He carefully her cheer fur.

"Miyoung, I need you to change back into human. I need to carry you back." Chunji whispered urgently. "Miyoung do you hear me?"

Miyoung made no move of recognition, but her body shrank to her usual size of a human. Chunji smiled encouragingly and changed into his wolf form since it was faster. He propped Miyoung onto his back and made her cling onto his fur.

"AAAHH HOOOOOO!!" Chunji howled at her, meaning "don't let go."

Miyoung shifted and gripped his fur more tightly. "Hmmm."

Satisfied, Chunji raced back down the mountain in hope of getting Miyoung medical attention as soon as possible. He would never let anything happen to her.

As he continued down the mountain, he felt Miyoung's grip loosening slowly, and her body kept sliding off his back. He had to stop several times to prop her up again, in case she fell off.

Finally, she was completely unable to hold on to him at all and his great speed would only cause her to fall off him even more easily. Chunji put Miyoung down and checked her face.

Her eyes were closed and her face pale. Chunji panicked and her cheek, hoping for some response, but she already passed out. He brought his paws to her forehead and was alarmed at the heat she was giving out despite his temperature being higher as a wolf.

*She's running a fever.* he realized. *Must be that darn steel trap that rusted!* he cursed. Realizing they couldn't go on like this any longer, Chunji changed back into a human and piggy backed Miyoung so that he could hold onto her.

With that, he continued running down the mountain through rocks and stones and dodging through trees. "You're going to be alright Miyoung. You're going to be alright." he whispered.