I care

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

"Help her." Chunji panted, his face equally pale as Miyoung's when he finally reached the bottom of the mountain.

Kyungmi rushed towards them with Changjo and Ricky following behind. "What happened?" she gasped.

Her eyes fell on Miyoung's bloody left leg and instantly took in a deep breath of horror. "Oh my god."

"Yes oh my god. Now fetch the doctor immediately!" Chunji snapped impatiently and Kyungmi ran into the hotel to get their staff without a moment's delay.

Chunji started towards the hotel, his legs worn out from carrying the weight from the both of them and walking the treacherous mountainous road instead of the well evened out tracks.

"Hyung, let us help." Changjo offered a arm. "You look you're about to collapse yourself."

Chunji shook his head. "I can manage." he held on tighter to Miyoung and strode into the hotel quickly, panting slightly.

The three maknaes followed too, anxious and nervous. They hoped Miyoung would be alright.

-----

The doctor from the hotel's clinic wasn't able to help with Miyoung immediately since he didn't have the necessary equipment and Chunji quickly summoned a doctor from the nearest hospital using a helicopter.

He cursed fluently under his breath as he waited, pacing around in front of the door. The other three, Gongchan, CAP and L.Joe returned after being notified that Miyoung was found, and asked about her.

"We don't know yet." Niel sniffled sadly. "The doctor isn't out yet."

The three sighed and their faces fell in unison. They leaned against the wall and panted heavily, since they had been combing the entire forest for Miyoung.

"Chunji, you look like hell." CAP managed to comment, seeing the thick and tensed atmosphere hanging around. Chunji didn't even crack a smile as he focused on the door. "It's my fault." he whispered.

Ricky frowned. "Hyung, it's not." he told him. "You didn't know she would step into the freaking hunter's trap as well."

"But-" Chunji opened his mouth to protest when Gongchan cut in. "Yes it's your fault." he grounded out. "Id anything happens to Miyoung I'll make sure something ten times worse happens to you." he snarled.

"Chansik oppa!" Kyungmi hissed, touching his arm lightly. Feeling her touch, Gongchan calmed down significantly but continued glaring at Chunji with immense hatred.

The doctor finally came out from the room and notified them that Miyoung's leg had required twelve stitches. She lost a lot of blood and needed a lot of nourishment to make up for it. In the time being, she's having a fever because the metal wasn't clean and have dug into her flesh.

For her to recover, she needed around a day or two for the fever to reside and a week for her leg to recover. The lucky thing was that her bones or any vital muscle in her leg hadn't been hurt in the process.

CAP sighed in relief. "Well guys, I think we should go and let Miyoung rest. You heard the doctor, she needs it." he clicked his tongue and the Teen Top members followed him out obediently.

Kyungmi tugged on Gongchan's arm to go but he insistently stayed where he was. "I want to see that she's alright."

"But oppa..." Kyungmi frowned. Changjo came and gripped Gongchan's shoulders. "Go. Only Chunji hyung had the right to stay here right now." he said firmly. "You're not Miyoung's mate." he hissed.

Flinching, Gongchan walked off with the rest hesitantly, but not before shooting a glare at Chunji. Chunji winced and reached for the door slowly. He carefully opened the door and treaded in without a sound.

His gaze fell on Miyoung, who was sleeping soundly on the bed. Her leg was wrapped up in a bandage to avoid infection. Otherwise, she looked just like an angel from heaven.

Chunji made his way to the side of the bed quietly and sighed. It was his fault this happened to her, no matter what anyone else said. He shouldn't have suggested that darn competition no matter what.

Miyoung shifted in her sleep and groaned. Chunji frowned and caressed her cheek softly, sweeping away stray pieces of her hair from her face.

But Miyoung continued rolling around, as if the bed was highly uncomfortable. Chunji stood up and tentatively pressed the mattress of the bunk.

His brows rose up in shock. *What the hell? Anyone would get a sore back after sleeping on this block of wood.* he frowned. He looked around for the nurses and was satisfied to see there were none about.

"I'm doing this for you, Park Miyoung. If I get caught it's all your fault." he whispered, and carefully slipped one arm under her head.

She naturally nestled against his shoulder and mumbled something under her breath. Chunji used his other hand to reach into his pocket for the room card, biting it in his mouth, before whipping Miyoung up in his arms bridal style.

Throwing a cautious glance everywhere again, he tiptoed back out of the door, and made a break for their room. If he's going to get caught for wanting to let Miyoung sleep better on a softer bed, so be it.

 

 

Miyoung woke up the next morning feeling like she had gone rolling on hot iron and gotten stomped on by a giant's feet.

She squinted, her head heavy and especially her leg. The previous night's events surfaced in her memories and her eyes widened.

She looked around, realizing that she was in the hotel suite. She blinked and saw Chunji asleep, laying down on his side facing her as if he had been watching her sleep.

His arm was casually thrown over her waist and he breathed in the scent of her hair deeply. Miyoung frowned, remembering how he had found her while she was caught in the trap.

*He carried me back.* she thought, a smile lighting her face. She stretched her hands, careful not to make a sound while stifling a yawn. But it didn't help, because moments later Chunji began stirring.

His eyes fluttered opened and blinked a few times, unfocused, before finally seeing her. "You're awake!" he sat up, feeling her forehead. "How are you feeling?"

Miyoung wrinkled her nose at him. "And good morning to you too." she shifted to sit up and Chunji helped. "How long was I out?"

"Around ten hours I think." Chunji glanced at the clock. "You sure you're okay?" he asked worriedly.

Miyoung nodded, moving her injured  leg for a bit. It felt sore and raw, but still, her leg. "Been better," she winced as she put her leg down. "I don't think I can walk for a few days."

Chunji's face immediately turned black. "Of course you're not going to do that." he snapped. "I'm going to keep you at home and don't you dare move away from this bed unless I'm here to carry you." he ordered.

Miyoung's eyes widened. "But-"

"Just do it." he grumbled, walking to pour a cup of water for her. "I feel bad enough that I made you like this."

His words echoed in Miyoung's mind and she looked at him. "You thought this was your fault?" she blinked. A frown grew quickly. "That's why you're being so strict now? Because you're guilty?"

When Chunji didn't say anything, Miyoung threw one of the pillows at him, making him almost drop the cup. "Hey!" he protested.

"I'm telling you this and you better listen Lee Chanhee." Miyoung snapped. "It's not your fault that I'm like this, so don't you dare feel a tinsy bit of guilt."

Chunji sighed and raked his fingers through his hair. He walked over and fed the glass of water to Miyoung which she drank hungrily. He wiped off the excess water from her face tenderly and placed the cup on the table, deep in thought.

*To say I'm treating you well like this is because of guilt isn't entirely true, Park Miyoung.* he thought as he watched her stretch. *I want to see you recover. I want to see you healthy and well again. I want to make sure you're safe and nothing befalls on you.*

He sighed. *Because I care, Park Miyoung. I care about you.*

At his long period of silence, Miyoung looked at him curiously. "Now I"m getting freaked out." she frowned at him. "First you're treating me so well and now you're not talking. Okay, you need to see a mental doctor." she said with all seriousness.

Chunji broke into a chuckle and shook his head. He threw the covers of the blanket from her and without any warning, lifted her up into the air bridal style. Miyoung let out a shriek and hit his head. "What are you doing?"

"You need to wash up right?" he teased. He made a horrified expression. "Don't tell me. Park Miyoung doesn't wash up?"

"Idiot." Miyoung slapped his arm. "Of course I do." she squealed slightly when he pretended to let go of her and she clung onto his shoulders and neck even more tightly. "You could have just helped me in while I struggled on one leg." she retorted.

"And waste time? No." Chunji made a face and kicked the toilet door open. "Your beloved Gongchan oppa might have my head if I don't treat you well."

Miyoung frowned at him. "What beloved Gongchan oppa?" she snapped. "Don't make it sound like we're lovers or something you big headed pig!"

"Excuse me?" Chunji snapped cockily. "You're the big headed piece of dense wood here not knowing that your best friend is in love with you!" he placed her gently on the edge of the bath tub.

"What? Kyungmi?" Miyoung blinked in confusion.

Chunji flicked her forehead lightly. "Gongchan you babo. He likes you, can't you tell?" he grumbled bitterly. He muttered something under his breath that sounded like "not his mate" and "freaking ".

Miyoung blinked at him. This fact was new to her. "No way." she shook her head. "He can't like me! He's Chansik oppa!" she retorted.

Chunji sighed and pressed grabbed the tube of tooth paste, squeezing some onto the tooth brush. "That's what you think." he passed her the cup of water to gurgle . "But not what he thinks." He ruffled her hair and grabbed a basin for her to spit the water out of .

"But-" she started once was free, and Chunji pushed the tooh brush into her opened mouth. "Aish you're such a dense piece of wood!" he scolded. "How could you not have known that he likes you!"

"Maahhhh heeehh daaaa sonnn!" Miyoung protested while brushing her teeth. (Translation: But he doesn't!)

"Yes he does." Chunji made a face. He raised his brows when Miyoung tried to talk with full of bubbles again. "And don't you know how to brush your teeth properly Park Miyoung? Must I teach you everything?"

Miyoung frowned at him. "Yahhh!" she kicked his leg.

"Owww!" Chunji howled. "You insufferable woman!" he narrowed his eyes at her. "I'll just leave you here at the bath tub and not let you out, believe it or not."

Miyoung rinsed and looked at him. "Then I'll hop away on one foot." she challenged.

"You won't." Chunji frowned.

"I will." Miyoung grinned.

Chunji crossed his arms. "Why you stubborn wolf!" he flicked her forehead again before carrying her out. "I'll drop you."

"You won't."

"I will."

"Yah Lee Chanhee!"

....

And it continued.