I don't want him to ignore me

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

Miyoung frowned and looked at herself in the mirror. She was wearing the white dress that Gongchan had chosen and she smoothed her skirt while twirling one round in front of the mirror.

The white against her skin made her look fair and her skin smooth and silky. The bow at her waist was cute and enhanced her adorable smile and character.

However Miyoung wasn't sure of herself. She would never trust when someone told her that she was beautiful, and she'd never believe it when someone said she was gorgeous.

Her friends cooed at her side, their eyes wide. "Wow Miyoung you look great." Kyungmi whispered, biting her lips desperately.

This was her best friend Park Miyoung. Beautiful gorgeous like this. How was she supposed to beat her to gain Gongchan's heart?

Gongchan on the other hand looked completely smitten by Miyoung's beauty. He fought his blush and murmured a praise, not even remembering what he said.

*Oh my gosh, she really grew up from that little girl I met when I was six.* he thought. *And the love I have for her deeper as well.*

Miyoung looked uncertainly into the mirror. "I look okay?" she questioned doubtfully, tapping her chin.

She sighed. Sometimes she grumbled to Kyungmi about her best friend's lack of self esteem, and at times at this she would be so aware of the lack of hers.

She turned around, only to look into someone else's eyes. Someone else who had had his eyes on her for quite some time now.

Miyoung felt her heart skip a beat as she looked into Chunji's eyes. They were around ten meters from each other, but at that instant Miyoung could almost hear the deep heavy breath he let out from the other end of the room.

She swallowed hard. Why was Chunji looking at her like that?

She blinked and realized that he was also dressed in a suit. And then she noticed that the other Teen Top members were there as well.

*They must be here to buy their suits for the Initiation ball as well.* Miyoung thought.

She bit her lip as she mentally scanned Chunji from head to toe. He looked .... hot. Like a superstar. Like a model. He was so breathtaking gorgeous that even as a girl, Miyoung was slightly envious of his looks.

Miyoung shook her head. It was well known that Chunji was a good looking guy, but it was equally well known that he was a play wolf.

She glanced back at Chunji and found that he was pale, and kept stepping forwards and backwards as if he was having an internal barrel of whether to stay or go away.

Miyoung picked up her skirts and started towards him. She threw away the thoughts of how good he looked and wondered if he was still going to ignore her today.

Chunji looked shocked when Miyoung appeared by his side. He took one step back to widen the gap between them and tried his best not to breath in too deeply.

"Lee Chanhee." Miyoung frowned up at him. Chunji his lips and closed his eyes momentarily. *You can do this Chunji.*

He opened his eyes and rounded them drastically. "Oh Park Miyoung! Didn't see you there!" he waved casually.

Miyoung blinked in confusion, not knowing what he was going on about. Didn't see her? She noticed him because he had been staring at her!

"What are you talking about?" Miyoung frowned and crossed her hands in front of her chest. "You saw me!"

"No I didn't." Chunji fibbed. "I just noticed you."

"No you did!"

"No I didn't."

"You did. You saw me."

"I didn't!!"

"Come on what's so embarrassing about admitting you saw me huh?" Miyoung demanded, taking a step closer to him and stabbing his chest with one finger.

Chunji instantly caught her scent when she came nearer and the details on her face was now more visible to him. Every single eye lash, every breath she took, it was so obvious to him.

He abruptly took hold of the hand that was stabbing his chest and looked at her seriously. Miyoung took a sharp intake of breath as she felt his fingers curl around hers and bringing her hands to her sides.

She almost sighed when he let go.

"Alright I admit." Chunji muttered. "I saw you okay?" he sighed and looked away.

Miyoung gulped and felt herself perspiring profusely. She frowned and straightened up, looking boldly at him. This isn't good, Chunji isn't supposed to admit he was lying. He's supposed to continue arguing with her no matter how long it would take.

"You're getting a suit for the ball as well?" Miyoung asked. She saw him nod stiffly and walk down the row of bow ties to find his perfect one.

"Aren't you going to say how ugly my dress is?" Miyoung questioned. "That's what you always do don't you?" she taunted.

Chunji stopped in his tracks. *Ugly? That's the last word I'd use on you.* he frowned at his train of thoughts and shook his head. *This is Park Miyoung. Park Miyoung.*

"No." Chunji managed to say. "I'm not going to stoop down to your level today." he collected a golden bow tie and put it to his neck, looking in the mirror.

Miyoung gasped in surprise. Okay. This Chunji is definitely not the Chunji she knew. No way.

"What is wrong with you?" Miyoung frowned at him. "You don't insult me. You don't talk back. You don't make fun of me. This is not you, Lee Chanhee."

Chunji let out a strangled sigh and be looked at her. "I don't know myself any longer as well so please Park Miyoung..." he whispered. "Just stay away from me."

 

 

"He's been avoiding you?" Mr and Mrs Park chorused.

Miyoung nodded. She had gone home that day and relayed her confusion towards Chunji's behavior towards her.

Mr Park smiled. "Isn't that a good thing?" he asked. "He's always causing you trouble here and there. If he avoids you, the troubles will lessen as well."

Miyoung nodded reluctantly. She hugged a pillow and looked at her parents. "But don't you think it's weird?"

"Maybe Chunji figured out what sort of a marvelous girl he had been dissing for so many years." Mrs Park reasoned. "Maybe he's regretting it."

Miyoung made a face, not believing what her mother said. It didn't sound like Chunji.

She went back to her room after saying goodnight to her parents and laid on her bed, staring at the ceiling.

"This is weird." she whispered. "But I don't like it. And I don't want Lee Chanhee to ignore me..."