Golden Eyes

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

For the next few days, Miyoung seemed out of it as she wandered round from task to task. She couldn't help it. Jaehyuk and Soojin's death made everything seem so brittle, so easily taken away.

A whole level of emotions ran through her as she thought about the two lovers.

Pity, sympathy, sadness, devastation, touched, admiration. She never thought it was more of a waste for something so unfortunate to befall on a couple like this. She had never seen two people so in love, so right for each other.

But fate was cruel and it was inevitable. What made Miyoung sniffle for days was how readily Jaehyuk seemed to be willing to give up his life to follow Soojin wherever she went. Would someone love her with a fraction of the intensity Jaehyuk loved Soojin?

Kyungmi and Gongchan noticed something was wrong with Miyoung and asked her what was bothering her. She poured out the story without needing much probing, and both Kyungmi and Gongchan sighed heavily at the story.

"It's such a pity." Kyungmi couldn't help but sniffle. "They were made for each other. They were so in love. If only..."

Miyoung nodded, completely agreeing. She propped her chin up with her elbows and bit her lip. "But don't you envy Soojin just for a moment?" she whispered, not wanting to break the moment. "I don't mean the disease, no one deserves something like that, ever. But instead, how she has someone to love with all her life, and someone who loves her with his life. That's thoroughly romantic don't you think?"

Kyungmi let out a dreamy sigh. "Yeah. But it doesn't always come true right?" she replied practically, glancing at Gongchan with a sad smile.

Miyoung caught the look and frowned. It had been so long since Kyungmi had gotten her golden eyes for Gongchan. The Mating Season was already two thirds into it's start and many couples had been formed.

But till now, Gongchan showed no inclination to fall for, or even having the slightest attraction, for Kyungmi. It was utterly disappointing.

Miyoung let out a small sigh and pouted. Gongchan caught her look and misunderstood it as her disappointment for her own love life. He reached out and put his hand over Miyoung's. "Don't worry, Miyoung." he smiled. "I'm sure you can find someone other than Chunji after the separation." he grinned. "And I'm sure that someone would love you as much as Jaehyuk loves Soojin."

Other times, Miyoung would have missed the underlying meaning in his words, being the dense person she was. But she recalled what Chunji and her had been bickering about a few days ago.

He said that Gongchan liked her. Loved, even. Miyoung bit her lip. Can it be true?

She glanced at Kyungmi and back at Gongchan, the frowning deepening between her brows. *This is bad.* she thought, alarmed. *How can Chansik oppa like me? It's impossible right? But It's better to be safe than sorry.. Especially when it involves Kyungmi.*

Miyoung faked a laugh. "Even if there was someone out there willing to love me with that intensity, I would tell that person not to." she emphasized, looking at Gongchan. "I hope he would not do it."

Gongchan frowned. "But why?" he asked, thoroughly puzzled. "Your true mate can't be Chunji right?" he asked nervously. "I make a...I mean, someone else would make a better mate for you."

"Can't deny that." Miyoung nodded honestly. "But one guy can be better than the next, and another can be better than this one. Till the day of separation, I am in the eyes of the law, Lee Chanhee's mate. Even though I never once imagined to be like this, but I must stay loyal to him throughout this period no matter what society says of Lee and the Parks."

She bit her lip and looked at Gongchan. "If there is someone out there that might really really want to love me like that, I really hope he would stop." she muttered. "He's just confused. Because I'm sure his mate is actually someone else, not me. For now, I'm Lee Chanhee's."

"Miyoung..." Gongchan almost whimpered. To hear her say, using her own mouth, that she belonged to someone else...It was completely painful and torturous. How can she say that? Unless...she already fell for him?

Gongchan voiced his question and Miyoung tapped her chin. "I...don't think so." she answered unsurely. *Though I can't deny that I'm attracted to Lee Chanhee as well. Are those the Urges? I don't dare ask anyone.* she blushed lightly.

Gongchan seemed too satisfied with her answer to Miyoung's liking. She glanced at Kyungmi who was looking at her puzzledly and sent a small smile. *Kyungmi ah, if what Lee Chanhee said was true and Chansik oppa is really in love with me...I don't know how much hurt I've caused you all these years. I can't even imagine.* she winced.

 

 

"Your leg's fine?" Chunji asked when he got back home that day.

He had gone with the Teen Top members for a few rounds of billards and chips. Miyoung had insisted that he go because he had been staying at home too much, hovering around her to make sure she doesn't hurt herself when in actual fact her leg doesn't even really hurt that much when she walks.

Miyoung nodded absent mindedly and dipped a marshmellow in the chocolate, popping it into .

Chunji's eyes lit up at the chocolate and plopped himself on the couch beside her, clapping. "Hmm marshmellows with chocolate! Me gusta~" he wriggled his brows.

He took a large serving and leaned back, sighing contently. Reaching to put an arm round her, Chunji pulled her closer while looking at what show she was watching.

Miyoung wrinkled her nose and made a face at him. "Ewww Lee Chanhee can't you go and bathe or something?" she gagged. "You're smelly and sweaty from outside and you come hugging me. Eww eww ewwwwww~~~"

Chunji let her go and pouted. "You don't know how many girls out there would looooooooove to be hugged by me." he retorted wittily. Miyoung shot him an annoyed look and he raised his hands in surrender. "Arraso arraso. Me will go bathe now. Don't you dare touch me hair." he said in an odd french accent, making Miyoung laugh.

He smiled and ruffled her hair before going into the room to wash up.

Miyoung grinned to herself and popped another marshmellow in . She continued watching her show and eating, and when she looked down at her bowl the next time, only around a third of the marshmellows were left.

She wanted to finish them dreadfully, but she remembered how Chunji seemed to like them so much and she shook her head. "I'll save it for him." she pushed the bowl away.

She settled back on the couch and hugged the pillow, when a thought occurred to her.

"Since when did I care what Lee Chanhee likes?" she wondered out loud. She blinked. "Since when did he joke around me, since when was I able to play around and pull his beloved hair and not have him trying to prank me back?"

Miyoung giggled lightly when she thought of how she pulled Chunji's pants down in the beginning of the year. Things had indeed changed a whole lot since then, the change unexpected, and impossible to predict.

She would never have imagined herself being able to stay in under one roof with THE LEE CHANHEE and not curse him all the time. In fact, life was pretty pleasant right now if she didn't think about the Park and Lee controversy.

A stupid smile came onto her face and she quickly wiped it off when she heard Chunji come out of the bathroom. She hugged the pillow tighter, concentrating on her show once more but was unable to catch anything anymore. Chunji came out of the bathroom with a towel around his neck as he dried his hair.

Miyoung glanced at him once and found that she was unable to look away. His head, tilted at a forty five degree, water trickling down his neck.. y. There was no other word for it.

Miyoung snapped her head back to the tv screen when she saw him turn and cursed herself inwardly. Chunji hopped over the couch and landed beside her again. He didn't hesitate to pull her towards him in the same manner he did before. "Well? Satisfied with the smell now?" he teased.

"You smell the same as me, big head." Miyoung wrinkled her nose. "We use the same shampoo and soap."

Chunji chuckled and Miyoung felt his chest rumble behind her. "Hmm. True." he murmured against her hair. His eyes fell on the marshmellows and he smiled. "Hey you haven't finished those?" he pulled the bowl over to pop one into his mouth.

Miyoung looked at them longingly. "Well..I thought you liked them so I left some for you." she swallowed hard.

Chunji caught her intent gaze on the marshmellows and chuckled amusedly. He pushed one against her lips and Miyoung ate it, beaming. She looked so cute with her cheeks puffed out and her eyes large and smiling.

He leaned forward to peck her lips without thinking, and pulled back to smile at her.

Miyoung froze and looked at him in surprise. Her cheeks heated rapidly and she shifted her gaze elsewhere, embarrassed. "Uhm.."

Chunji tilted her head up to look at him and locked her gaze with his. He slowly made the journey forward in an agonizingly slow movement, and Miyoung felt her world whirling around her.

"I uh...I hinted that I didn't like Chansik oppa today." Miyoung felt like she must say something or she might go mad. "I thought maybe you were right about him liking me and I uh-"

"Can't you not talk for once?" Chunji asked amusedly, his gaze still locked on hers. "Especially not about another guy who's in love with you when I'm trying to kiss you?"

Miyoung's eyes widened and Chunji pulled her towards him by the nape of her neck and settled his lips on hers. Miyoung's eyes fluttered close and she leaned towards him, resting into his embrace. Chunji kept the kiss soft and chaste, but it didn't fail to make something in him stir in this strange blissful feeling.

He wondered why it took him so long to kiss her again when he liked it so much. He thought about it constantly, but he would never admit it to anyone for fear of being called a ert. Chunji's hands traced her jawline slowly and cupped her cheeks,  holding her like she was some precious treasure.

After some time, they parted, and slowly lifted their lids to look at one another. Their eyes widened at the same time and they took in a sharp breath in unison.

"Y-your eyes!" they gasped together.

Realization hit them as they looked into the golden eyes of the other. The gleaming golden that had over taken their brown pupils and the specks of the sun shining in them made both of them look almost god like.

"My eyes too?" Their jaws dropped.

They blinked at each other for one second, before both of them raced to the bathroom together in a frenzy. Chunji threw the door open and Miyoung raced in, both stopping in front of the sink at the same time.

They stared into the mirror and gaped at their reflections which seemed foreign to them. Golden eyes looked back at them with the same wonder and amazement they were looking with into the mirror.

"I guess this means..." Miyoung swallowed, unable to form words as she glanced up at Chunji.

He nodded with a small smile and bent down to capture her lips again. No words were needed as everything was understood. It was official.