That Flirt

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

Miyoung felt like strangling that retarded guy. The couple had just poured their vulnerable hearts out to tell them of their love story and all Chunji has to say is how retarded it is?

Oh man she was angry. She was angry alright.

"Are you retarded Lee Chanhee?" she shrieked. "Can't you keep your mouth shut for prolonged periods of time or something?"

Chunji frowned and faced her. "Well that's what I honestly think and you can't blame me for wanting to be honest about it!" he retorted. "I would never give up my status with y family for a mere female wolf, if you ask me."

Miyoung rolled her eyes exasperatedly. "That's the problem isn't it?" she asked sarcastically. "We didn't ask for your opinion."

Both of them glared at each other intensely, forgetting the time and place and only concentrating on the intense dislike they felt for each other.

It wasn't until a giggle that they remembered where they were. They blinked and snapped their heads towards Jieun that was biting her lips to hide her laughter.

"Dear, don't you think they are really compatible?" She giggled, turning to her husband. Jonghyun nodded and smiled warmly at her.

"Exactly what I was thinking, babe." he chuckled.

Miyoung and Chunji gaped at them turned to each other at the exact same time, and turned away to gag at the same time as well.

"Ewwwwww!!!" both of them whined in disgust.

"Puhlease!" Chunji waved his hands in the air dramatically. "I am the son of the Lee Leader. Daughter of Park Leader and me won't ever click." he scoffed.

Miyoung nodded enthusiastically, for once agreeing with something that Chunji was saying.

"Oh." Jieun looked surprised. "Then. Don't tell me you two are.." she looked over to her husband for names.

"Chunji and Miyoung." He supplied. He raised his brows at Chunji and Miyoung. "Wow. We heard of how you two are loggerheads at the Academy."

"Yeah and how two wolves couldn't hate each other with a greater intensity." Jieun chuckled. "Seems like they're true."

"But you two are working on the same project together?" Jonghyun asked curiously.

"Long story." Chunji and Miyoung replied in unison.

Jieun sighed and shrugged her shoulders. "If I hadn't known this.. I could have sworn you two were.." she eyed them, a knowing look casted on her face.

Miyoung blinked, not knowing what she was saying. Just then, a customer came, wanting to buy some pineapples.

Miyoung and Chunji stood up immediately. "Well we won't disturb you anymore." Miyoung smiled. "Thank you for sharing your story with us." she bowed.

Jonghyun smiled and shook his head. "I'm glad we could be of help." he grinned. "No problem."

Miyoung and Chunji bade goodbye to the couple and made their way out. Chunji stretched and yawned, sighing in satisfaction. "Great. One couple down and another four to go. We're really ahead of time."

He opened his eyes and didn't see Miyoung around him anywhere. He blinked and turned around, only to find her walking back into the street they came from.

He frowned and ran back to her. "Where are you going?" he questioned. "The way back to the city is this way."

Miyoung rolled her eyes. "Of course I know how to go home. I'm not going home." she dusted her skirt purposefully. "I'm going to buy toys."

Chunji thought he heard wrongly. "Excuse me?"

"And milk powder." Miyoung continued. "Maybe some toddler clothes and perhaps a stroller as well." she tapped her chin in thought.

Chunji scratched his head. "Your mother's pregnant with another child?" he looked around and leaned towards her. "Don't you think it's a little too old to be conceiving?" he whispered.

Miyoung slapped his arm lightly and pushed him away. "Idiot.." she muttered. "Of course my umma isn't pregnant! It's for Jieun and Jonghyun!" she declared like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Chunji's eyes widened and he blinked several times. He hadn't thought of that.

"I knew you wouldn't have thought of that." Miyoung made a face at him. "Lee Chanhee doesn't do kind things like that." she looked at him challengingly.

Chunji bit his lip. It's true. He doesn't do things like that. But now his arch enemy was looking at him with THAT look on her face and he couldn't possibly agree and prove that she was right.

"I'll go with you." Chunji blurted. Miyoung's eyes were wide as saucers as she gasped in surprise. She didn't think Chunji would fall in her obvious trap.

Chunji snorted at her surprised face and pushed her open jaw up. "Don't be so surprised Park Miyoung. Lee Chanhee is a kind saint." he grinned. "Now where's that toy shop we passed by just now?" he wandered off.

Miyoung blinked at him and pinched herself. *Oh my gosh I'm not dreaming. So this means I'm losing my mind or something. Lee Chanhee doing something nice? Oh my god.* she shook her head and ran after him.

 

 

As usual, the two had so many differing views when it came to things to choose for Jonghyun and Jieun's unborn child.

Chunji wanted planes and racing cars while Miyoung wanted doll houses and stuffed toys. Chunji wanted a blue stroller while Miyoung wanted a pink. Chunji wanted to get a toddler sailor suit while Miyoung wanted to get a hello kitty printed one.

In the end, they bought everything, each paying for the part they wanted to buy themselves. They hauled the extremely large load of presents over to Jonghyun and Jieun's stall.

To say that they were surprised was completely an understatement. Chunji and Miyoung forced the couple to accept the presents because they knew that the couple needed them. Profits from selling fruits was going to be hard to afford the growth of a child.

After the deed was done, Miyoung and Chunji walked together, satisfied with that they had done.

Though Chunji would never admit it, he felt good doing something like that. Even though there was a rather large hole in his pocket right now from spending on the presents, but he felt this strange sense of accomplishment that money wouldn have been able to bring him.

At that instant, he could understand why Miyoung liked helping others even if she had to go a long way for that to happen.

Miyoung glanced at Chunji who was biting back a smile and she but back her own. She knew that even though he didn't want to admit it, he was happy for what he had done.

And maybe, just maybe her view of him changed a tiny bit. Just a tiny bit though.

But at that moment, Chunji didn't seem that mean and annoying as he used to.

That was, until...

"Yeoboseyo?" Chunji picked up his call. "Oh Gyuri? Sure I'll come over. Rest of Kara are there as well? Good!"

"Hmm? Sulli? Yeah she was my girlfriend. Or still is whatever. But I'm going to dump her in five, so don't worry. See you~" he sang.

He looked around and found that Miyoung had already stalked off before him. "Pssh." He retorted and walked in the opposite way.

Miyoung rolled her eyes and knocked herself on the head. "It's too much to expect Lee Chanhee would change after a few hours Park Miyoung. He's still that same flirt." she muttered.