Their second couple

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

"What?" Chunji frowned. "Why must we go all the way to the country side?" he retorted.

Chunji and Miyoung had met up that weekend to look for their second couple for the project and Miyoung had arranged to meet at the Train station, much to Chunji's puzzlement.

He was wondering why they should meet there when they weren't taking trains or anything, when he finally realized that Miyoung had every intention of taking that mode of transport.

Chunji didn't like trains. Some other old wolves would smoke and others would chatter loudly. It was a very complicated environment sometimes and it wasn't somewhere Chunji felt was fit for his status.

He grumbled and frowned at her. "Can't we just take the car?" he gestured to his own white Mercedes parked in the front.

Miyoung shook her head. "Nope." she clicked her tongue. "Because roads there aren't straight and have to go through a lot of mountainous roads. The train goes there straight without delay." she told him.

Chunji frowned at her, putting his hands on his waist and trying to intimidate the girl. "Then let's not go there then!" He fought on. "Why can't we stay in the town to find our second couple?" he retorted. "There are other couples here as well." he gestured to the plentiful who were walking past him.

Miyoung pressed her lips in a straight line, signaling to him that she was irritated. "I hope to get a wider range of stories and very often, the stories we hear from the country side is different from that of the city."

She looked at him. "You do want to her an A on this, don't you?"

 

 

Chunji decided that it was virtually impossible to win an argument against Park Miyoung. She could refute your every point and was quick with her wits, making you feel like a retard for even questioning her idea.

They were seated in a single cabin because Chunji insisted that he didn't want to share with anyone else. Miyoung had grumbled on the waste of money but he insisted.

So they found themselves in a four seater cabin with a wide window and full view as the train began it's journey.

Chunji was bored to death as he counted he number of circles there were on the cushioned chair while drinking the orange juice that was complementary with the ride.

He sighed for the fifth time in a minute and Miyoung whipped her head to face him. "What is it?" she snapped.

"I'm bored." Chunji pouted cutely, completely laying down across two seats and looking at her face that was upside down in his view.

Miyoung flicked his forehead. "Idiot."

"Hey!" Chunji sat up, rubbing the sore spot on his head.

Miyoung ignored him and pointed out of the window. "Here is your entertainment mister Lee Chanhee." she retorted sarcastically. "If you just take some time to look at the scenery around, you'll never get bore. Mother nature is never boring. I thought a wolf like you would know that."

Chunji made a face and put his face against the window. He was looking at the view of the scene that the train had already driven past because he was siting back facing the rear of the train.

He frowned. "Hey you've got the better view!" he complained.

Miyoung' eyes widened. "Excuse me? We're both looking out of the same window if I'm not wrong." she said sarcastically.

Chunji shook his head. "No, you're looking at the view we are heading towards, like you're running forward. I'm looking at the view like I'm running backwards! Change with me!"

Without waiting for Miyoung's response, he climbed over the table that separated their two seats, over to her side. He then plucked her off her seat and plopped her to where he had been sitting minutes before.

"What the-" Miyoung fell face flat on the seats in a thoroughly unglamorous way. "Lee Chanhee!" she shrieked.

Chunji ignored her, already thoroughly engrossed in looking outside. The view wasn't fantastic, and at first all he saw was the railway tracks and different shades of green of the plants.

Then later he noticed how every leaf responded to the win caused by the train's movement. How the little insects behaved when the loud rumbling of the train passed by. How the birds and animals peered curiously at this piece of metal object that drove past everyday and they still didn't know what it was.

Was it a large giant snake that ate a whole lot of werewolves in its belly?

Chunji slowly smiled as he watched the scenes go by. It made him calm and serene, which was weird because he found that he was the last person to be able to sit down and just think.

It was comfortable and unexpectedly enjoyable. *Guess that Park Miyoung was kind of right.* he thought.

He turned to look at her when he found that she had fallen asleep, her head bobbing up and down in time with the train's movement. He swallowed and watched her, a sudden attraction not letting him look away.

He thought of how she played with that child during the full moon and the gentleness in her gaze.

He suddenly shook his head and patted his cheeks. "Didn't we agree not to think about this Lee Chanhee?"

He frowned at Miyoung whose sleeping form was begging for him to look at. A low growl erupted at his throat. "Aish Park Miyoung! WE'RE HERE!" he hollered.

Miyoung jumped up from her sleep, surprised. She looked around and frowned when she saw that the train was still moving. "What?"

Chunji stuck his tongue out. "Joking~"

Miyoung took out her shoe and threw it at him. "AISH!"

 

 

"Are you sure there are other werewolves around here?" Chunji questioned.

The two of them had gotten off the train and the only sign of werewolves living there were the ones working at the train station. Chunji looked at Miyoung doubtfully. "Let me warn you before anything happens." he told her. "I'm not like you and if a human comes near enough I can't guarantee that I won't attack it."

Miyoung frowned and looked at him. "How would you know if I'm not going to attack it?"

Chunji stiffened and swallowed hard. "Erm.." he hesitated. "You're Miss Perfect! Of course!"

Miyoung made a face and walked off. "I'm no Miss Perfect." she grumbled, not doubting his words. Chunji heaved a sigh of relief and followed after her, grinning. They had walked for almost an hour without a house in sight and they couldn't change into their wolf form to do so because it was day time and not a full moon night hence transformation would take up a lot of energy.

After walking for around 10km for an hour, they arrived at the first house in sight. Chunji nearly hugged a tree in delight when he saw it and wiped his perspiration furiously. Miyoung walked towards the house purposefully, looking carefully for people.

She knocked on the door. "Hello? Is there anyone home?"

Silence.

She tried again and the same thing happened.

Chunji frowned and pushed her away, banging on the door. "HELLO IS THERE ANYONE AROUND? WE WALKED 10KM TO FIND YOU SO YOU BETTER BE HERE!" he hollered. Miyoung punched his arm. "Yah!"

After trying for a few more times and being unsuccessful, Miyoung and Chunji slumped dejectedly and walked round the house to find the next one. They spotted the next nearest house to be another 10km away and stiffened. "Oh no." Chunji squeaked.

Miyoung raised her brows at him. "Did you just squeak?"

Chunji looked at her pointedly. "No I did not." he huffed. "And even if I did it was understandable. We are NOT, i repeat, NOT going to walk another 10k-"

"Omo look!" Miyoung suddenly pointed. Chunji turned and saw that they had walked into the small farm behind this house and the two owners had been busy farming, which explained their lack of response when Miyoung and CHunji knocked on their door.

Chunji and Miyoung smiled at each other. They've got their second couple.