Strange feelings

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

Miyoung decided to wash her hands off the Gongchan-Kyungmi thing for the mean time because she was seriously getting a headache because of it. She could tell that Gongchan meant what he said. He really did treat Kyungmi as a friend and ONLY as a friend.

And that was first degree friendzone. The thing they were always talking about and Miyoung didn't see first hand until now.

She felt dreadfully sorry for Kyungmi and couldn't see why Gongchan didn't like her in THAT way. She did know of a few other male wolves that kind of expressed their interest in Kyungmi before, but didn't dare approach her because Kyungmi was soft spoken and easily frightened, and would most probably run away if a confession takes place.

Rather than hitting Gongchan on the head to make him see Kyungmi clearly just like any other guy would, Miyoung decided to wait and see how things turn out, letting Gongchan discover Kyungmi's good himself.

She was on the other hand rather worried for Kyungmi because she had already identified her mate and anytime around Gongchan, her eyes would turn golden. Miyoung would always look out for Kyungmi in case that happened all of a sudden and everyone would then know.

Many other wolves have found their mates and were already packing up their things and moving into the apartments with their mates while Kyungmi was the only one who kept mum about it. Miyoung felt sympathetic towards her best friend but respected Kyungmi's choice.

But that didn't mean she couldn't feel frustrated and annoyed about the present situation in front of her eyes. These were the two best friends of her life you were talking about and now they were mates.

This was supposed to be the happiest thing that would happen in Miyoung's life because she couldn't think of a better guy for Kyungmi and a better girl for Gongchan.

Miyoung sighed loudly and propped her chin up with her elbows. "Life ." she murmured.

"Oh ho? The little miss perfect complaining? That's new."

Miyoung turned around and saw Chunji sitting down at his seat. Miyoung raised her brows at him and glanced at the time, shocked. "You're early today." she noted. Normally, Chunji would be one of the last to come to class, walking in with his tie loose and shirt untucked, the bad boy way that some how still attracted loads of attention.

Chunji shrugged and stretched. "My chauffeur had something on so he had to bring me to school earlier today." he explained.

Miyoung made a face at him. "Spoilt brat." she muttered under her breath. She twisted her lips and looked away from him, deciding to take out her math homework to distract herself from both Kyungmi's mating problem, and Chunji.

Chunji yawned in a bored manner and watched Miyoung do her work seriously. Her brows were knitted together in concentration as she solved problem after problem in that insane speed of hers that was comparable to a calculator. He wrinkled his nose. "You're so boring, Park Miyoung." he commented.

Miyoung whipped her head around to frown at him. "And you're interesting?" she retorted, snorting loudly.

Chunji ignored her response and nodded proudly. "Of course." he grinned. "I have to be rather interesting besides good looking to attract the masses of fangirls everyday, don't I?" he flipped his bangs charismatically.

Raising her brows at him, Miyoung blinked. "Come to think of it, it's been quite long since I saw you with a girlfriend." she noted.

Chunji stiffened. "Not that lo-" he faltered, mentally counting the days in his mind since he had his last girlfriend. Was it three days or four or five?

His eyes widening, Chunji gasped lightly. Exactly three weeks. Three weeks since he had his last girlfriend. Was it Sulli or was it Krystal or was it Luna? He couldn't remember.

However, he did recall that the last time he went out with a girl was somewhere around the start of that darn project with Park Miyoung and the beginning of the Mating Season. He shrugged nonchalantly on the outside, when inside he was rather shocked that his playwolf self hadn't revealed for so long.

"I guess I'm preparing myself for my mate." Chunji announced, thinking that it was the only reason why.

Miyoung stuck her nose up high and harrumphed. "I highly doubt you have a mate, Lee Chanhee." she retorted. "Even if the girl found her eyes turning golden around you, she might choose not to say and run away from here forever to avoid you." she smirked. "If it were me, I'd do that."

Chunji made a face. "Well if you became my mate I'd kill myself immediately for risk of getting found after running away." he said. "Totally worth meeting Hades than being with you!"

Miyoung fumed. "You baboon!"

"You Monkey Buttocks!" Chunji stood up and glowered down at Miyoung.

"You Rotton Banana that even monkeys don't want to eat!" Miyoung shrieked.

 

 

"It's all your fault." Both Chunji and Miyoung grumbled in unison.

Their "little" debate earlier had earned them extra hours in school to clean their classroom up for the younger students and both were groaning for the waste of time.

The cleaners bade them goodbye merrily, happy to have their day cut shorter. Chunji sulked and sat down on a chair. "It's your fault Park Miyoung. If not I'll already be at home eating scones and macaroons."

Miyoung grabbed a broom and threw him a rag. "Don't complain and let's just get his over and done with, Lee Chanhee."

She rolled up her sleeves and tied her hair up in a tight bun. Chunji swallowed when he saw the expense of her neck visible to him again and twitched uncomfortably.

"Can't you put your hair back down?" He asked hesitantly. "You look uglier like that." he fibbed.

Miyoung shot him a look. "Don't you have anything nice to say?" she frowned. "No." she harrumphed. "It's going to be hot and sweaty cleaning this place up and I'm not going to torture myself having my hair flip around in my face."

She turned around and ignored him while Chunji looked away, trying not to thinking about her neck. What the hell? Why was he thinking about her neck?

Chunji grabbed the rag hurriedly and went to scrub the windows with renewed vigor in hope to forget his own strange thoughts. Chunji grumbled under his breath while he worked.

"Stupid slender smooth alluring neck." he whispered agitatedly. "Freaking attractive neck that's the iest I've ever seen. Just cover it up!"

He scrubbed the windows so hard that one of them even had a crack with his wolffish strength and Chunji had to cut back on his fury.

He suddenly stopped when Miyoung spoke up. "Erm Lee Chanhee..."

"What!" he barked abruptly.

Miyoung jumped slightly but she didn't stop what she was about to say. "I uh..I want you to forget this after I've said it okay?" she told him. "I just...want to say it."

"Yeah yeah go on." Chunji urged, willing himself not to think about anything other than her neck.

Miyoung bit her lip and swept the floor. "Actually...I don't think you're that bad of a guy sometimes." she admitted. "You're loyal to your friends and a nice son to your parents. The thing that pisses me off is how you treat girls and change girlfriends so frequently."

Chunji blinked.

"Well I think perhaps if we were in the same pack I'd not be so hostile to you," Miyoung confessed. "But since we are," she turned around to face him. "Don't you dare expect anything less." she grinned.

Chunji broke into a smile and flicked a piece of dirt at her. "I won't."

"Hey!" Miyoung dodged it and pouted. She grabbed another rag and went to scrub the tables of doodle marks. "Just, peace for this afternoon okay? You scrub the windows I do the tables. And after that we'll be free of each other."

She sat down on one table and began dabbing soap to scrub the writings off.

Chunji smiled softly and continued with his scrubbing of the windows. Yeah, perhaps if Miyoung wasn't from the Park Pack, perhaps he wouldn't hate her so.

Well perhaps not, Chunji thought a whole after. *She has a lot of male supporters and I still don't think she deserves it.* he frowned.

He finished the long span of windows and turned to see where Miyoung was until, and found that she had fallen asleep while scrubbing one of the tables. This was the second time he saw her sleeping, the first being on the train to the country side.

Chunji walked slowly towards her, as if in a transfixed state. Her long brown locks of hair fell down her back in graceful rolls. Apparently she had taken the bun out while she scrubbed the tables. And her eye lashes were so long when her eyes were closed.

*There's not a single blemish on her skin.* Chunji thought as he leaned closer to take a look. Her skin was fair with a healthy rosy tinge to it, and her lips the pinkest he had ever seen.

He vaguely wondered what it was like to kiss those lips. Her sleeping form was really angelic and alluring, and it was increasingly difficult to look away with every passing second.

Chunji felt something inside him stir and he unconsciously reached out to brush a few strands of her hair from her face.

*Her hair feels like silk.* he thought, until his hand stopped in mid air.

"What the hell am I doing?" Chunji whispered and retracted his hand immediately. He stared at her face in shock and shook his head.

"This is Park Miyoung. Park Miyoung!!!" he whispered furiously.

Confused and frightened by the surge of feelings within him, Chunji dropped the rags abruptly and ran off without a backward glance.